Yonex Iso 500 SP Long (SX)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by deadkenny, Sep 15, 2001.

1. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Well, the badminton season is finally upon us. I finally got a chance to try out the new racquet in a serious way. Conclusion, racquet good, player sux. Oh well, at least is possible for me to get better. Made a couple nice shots. Didn't really have any problem with defense. Any shot requiring 'touch' was way off, but that might be due to the fact that I've been playing tennis but not badminton recently. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Basically, nice racquet. Thanks again everyone for the earlier advice. I still wonder about the MP55. How much more head heavy would it be than the 500 SX? Any opinions?

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    From what I know from trying on teh SX. It's very head heavy. If you hav a very good arm, you can take advantage of it. If not, you will be getting your arm strained very quickly.

3. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Hi Matt. Actually it felt pretty good. I did feel some soreness in my shoulder, but nothing in the arm. The shoulder definitely doesn't feel like an injury, but just muscle stiffness (after all, I haven't played for a while). The racquet felt really head heavy at first, but seemed fine while playing. Any opinion on how the 500 SX compares to the MP55 in this regard?

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Hi Deadkenny,

Well, the 500 SX does take some time getting used to. I never tried the MP55, so I can't really help you there. However, I can make comparsions with teh SX to the Ti SA and SS which I do own.

The SX racket did make me feel slow because I go for speed instead since my strength is not that strong so I just use speed to compensate. I do like the SA the best, and once a while may switch to the SS just to get some muscle exercise.

Matt