Taufik may join KLRC

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by **KZ**, Dec 15, 2006.

1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia’s KL Racket Club (KLRC) are going international and could soon have a line-up to match the BA of Malaysia.
    Already, they have recruited two foreign players – John Moody of New Zealand and Andrew Smith of England – to play under the banner of the professional outfit owned by Datuk Andrew Kam Tai Yeow.
    And the icing on the cake looks set to be: Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.
    Andrew, currently the Badminton World Federation’s (BWF) legal adviser and council member, would not deny or confirm speculation that Taufik was poised to join their set-up.
    [​IMG] Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.
    “There is a possibility Taufik will play for the club. That’s all I can say for now,” said Andrew when met at his office at Empire Tower yesterday.
    The good relationship between former world champion Taufik and Andrew is an open secret.
    Taufik, who recently defended his men’s singles title in the Doha Asian Games, knocking out Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei (semi-finals) and China’s Lin Dan (final) along the way, has frequented the club several times this year for friendly matches.
    In fact, Malaysia could be an ideal base for Taufik as he prepares to re-claim the world title when the championship is hosted in Malaysia from Aug 12-19.
    “We have several international players knocking on the doors of the club. It will do a world of good for our club to have reputable players as our members,” said Andrew.
    Although KLRC are opening theirs door for foreign players, Andrew says the priority remains in providing opportunities for local players.
    The KLRC, who were only formed last year June, have become a platform for dropouts from the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) to revive their badminton careers.
    Some of their top players are former internationals Sairul Amar Ayob, Lee Tsuen Seng, Ismail Saman, Joanne Quay, Lim Pek Siah, Chor Hooi Yee, Ang Li Peng and M. Sutheaswari.
    The club received a major boost on Tuesday when they signed a sponsorship deal with Amer Sports (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, who own the Wilson brand.
    To make it more memorable, Sairul and Tsuen Seng, who were this year’s Dutch and New Zealand Open champions, received RM20,000 each as incentives.
    Andrew believes that the club system could be the answer for Malaysian badminton and quashed notions that the club were competing with BAM.
    “We are here to complement the national body. We want to give a fair chance to players to prove themselves at international level. We have the same goal as the BAM – to make champions out of our players,” he said. “We do not entertain mediocrity. I have promised my players RM100,000 if they win the All-England title. We are serious in developing the sport. It will be good to revive the club systems as that will increase the pool of players for the country.”
    There are 15 players under KLRC, including some promising juniors aged between 18-19 years old. Two prominent coaches in the set-up are Indonesian adviser Indra Gunawan and Ong Beng Teong.

2. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    means Taufik leave Indonesian team?
    i dont think so he seems very close with the sutoyono coach guy(pardon if i spelled his name wrong)

3. -MiYu-

-MiYu- Regular Member

Student
    whaaat!!! O.O

i disagree!! >.< hes indonesia's best player!!! >.<

4. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    no....he'll still represent indonesia just that he trians in KLRC....like Andrew Smith

5. fanatico

fanatico Regular Member

Student
    no.. he'll still train indo... but he may represent the KL club in some competitions within malaysia etc.

6. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    That's interesting! :p lol :D just like Andrew Smith :rolleyes: if he does join, will this affect his individual results? :rolleyes: ;) haha :D

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    No wonder he has frequent his visit to Msia.

8. blessing

blessing Regular Member

definately will!! haha.. coz KLRC's coaches r not as superb as indos.. lol.. jux kiddin

9. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    hey ants, have a party la and invite him and us over when he is over here ...:)

10. blessing

blessing Regular Member

izit jux like roslin hashim...? playing for dunno wat V....dyll[sry..forgotten da spelling ady..] club in denmark.. train there n play for MAS?? thats funny.. lolz..

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Hahah.. thats not possible bro. Dont think he will be in Msia for Christmas.

12. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hey ants, i'm surprised you haven't heard about this earlier.
    or have you been witholding info from us??
    :rolleyes:

13. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    I don't understand. Why is the club and national training system different?

14. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    Taufik's is confirmed joining KLRC......
    Now he n chong wei can practice together more often adi.... dun bother me... im just talking crap here other than the 1st line

15. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya...today i read some newspaper,they verified that taufik is joining the club and from now onwards he will be traning at Mas...

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Hehe.. not saying anything.. ;)

17. blessing

blessing Regular Member

lolz..i dun wan taufik to come n train at klrc le.. his standard sure will drop if he continue to training here.. unless he is training under li mao..

18. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

I heard that Taufik can represent Malaysia if he stays in Malaysia at least 3 months and get the consent from PBSI.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    why taufik move

my theories:

A. he knows he got lucky at 06 AG and knows he needed more skills and training to really beat LD (and not by LD beating himself) LOL Oh yea, there are CJ and CH to beat in 2007 and 2008 too. LOL Staying home won't get him those extra skills.

B. TH want to pass on some of his skills to LCW and hafiz so maybe they could share the burden of beating LD LOL

C. Maybe BAM pocket is bigger than pbsi:D

D. of course, all of above :p

20. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    I agree with C. Seems that it's all about money now.. $$.. :D But I kinda think it's a good thing somehow. Players should have good relationship among themselves.. It's sounds really good that he'll be training with our players. ;)