User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any thing to do with using legs for speed,and i mean real fast speed,the folks with african descent will rule.fast twitch muscle fibers in their legs.they have the body & stamina to run those sprints races &long distances.i think they have the physical to play badminton,but i think not enough exposure to the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glacyus View Post
    Lol I can't resist, but I'm sorry, Asians don't play football because chances are they would get creamed. Not being racist, just realistic. What is the average height and weight of most Asians?

Larry Allen bench presses 700 lbs. raw; Randy Moss runs a 4.25 40 yard dash. Good luck.
    Non-argument (silly), no one play football (very few) except American, so does baseball. Asking like why American don't play Cricket.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only Black player I have EVER seen on TV was George Cupidon (Seychelles) at the Beijing Olympics, and even that was only a glimpse at a non-televised court. He was a BIG lad, too - over 200 lbs easy.

It's an interesting phenomenon - there are so many Black field athletes, sprinters especially, but so few racket sports players (while the opposite is true with Asians). Since I have already seen a documentary discussing the prevalence of Black sprinters, I think the balance should be redressed, and we should say what it is about the Asian genetics that allows them to clobber everyone at badders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt they will be interested in badminton when there are so many sport they are good in !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by St00pid View Post
    Did they increase the heights of the nets to compensate for their extra height/vertical jump which they would have over the asians?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm....Badminton in a Volleyball court..Is it me or is that really a VBall net in the background!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbird View Post
    Hmm....Badminton in a Volleyball court..Is it me or is that really a VBall net in the background!!
    Look at the net in the far background (behind the red pole). That looks like a regular badminton height net.

Btw, where is this group from? I hope there is some Asian group nearby for some friendly match ... for culture exchange

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    The only Black player I have EVER seen on TV was George Cupidon (Seychelles) at the Beijing Olympics, and even that was only a glimpse at a non-televised court. He was a BIG lad, too - over 200 lbs easy.

It's an interesting phenomenon - there are so many Black field athletes, sprinters especially, but so few racket sports players (while the opposite is true with Asians). Since I have already seen a documentary discussing the prevalence of Black sprinters, I think the balance should be redressed, and we should say what it is about the Asian genetics that allows them to clobber everyone at badders.
    - Then you need to watch & follow more international baddy tourneys...Actually there have been black baddy players, recently, from South Africa, Nigeria and even Jamaica..
    - IMO, why Asians dominate the sport more is because baddy is more of a finesse/technical sport in comparison to other sports dominated by black athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enig.Ma View Post
    Did they increase the heights of the nets to compensate for their extra height/vertical jump which they would have over the asians?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan888 View Post
    Look at the net in the far background (behind the red pole). That looks like a regular badminton height net.

Btw, where is this group from? I hope there is some Asian group nearby for some friendly match ... for culture exchange
    ..the netting in the front is for volleyball. No one increased the net heights. I'm sure there were baddy nettings.

I've seen the pic before. It was taken from a badminton club @ Howard University a while back (check out the link of the pic); don't recall if they were in the school's badminton team or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    I've seen the pic before. It was taken from a badminton club @ Howard University a while back (check out the link of the pic); don't recall if they were in the school's badminton team or not.
    Ok. I see the link. But Howard lost both matches 7-0 to Hopkins and Maryland. And the scores are pretty lopsided.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yo man,that aint a badminton net! and yeah,luv them brothas hangin' around and wieldin' some baddy rackets. hmm,i wonder if the school still has a baddy team or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course black peoples play badminton, there are on the hole not very good thats why all you people have not heared of them. (I do not of course mean norm wheatley who royally whipped my arse the other night at pilks, good game though).
    Last edited by bilbobaggybum; 02-19-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bilbobaggybum View Post
    Of course black peoples play badminton, there are on the hole not very good thats why all you people have not heared of them. (I do not of course mean norm wheatley who royally whipped my arse the other night at pilks, good game though).
    Plenty of great players out there in London.
    Bridge Park & All Nations are probably the strongest teams in the Middlesex league that are predominantly Black. Great bunch of guys & girls too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to fear! The first African-American pro badminton player is here! But seriously this is my life goal haha.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5