User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That too is also incorrect because a cheaper machines have less accurate and reliable. The reason why one would need to go higher targeted tention, because that thing that hold/locks the string is not as good, so it slips losing tention, so you would have to raise the setting to counter the effect.

Now a real example of this was from my where some guy with low cost portable machine inquired to my stringer why does he have to string his tennis racket at 80 lbs while the stringer who does the same string and acheive the same equivalent tention at 60lbs. This machine was calibrated as well.
    Last edited by Matt; 12-18-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    That too is also incorrect because a cheaper machines have less accurate and reliable. The reason why one would need to go higher targeted tention, because that thing that hold/locks the string is not as good, so it slips losing tention, so you would have to raise the setting to counter the effect.

Now a real example of this was from my where some guy with low cost portable machine inquired to my stringer why does he have to string his tennis racket at 80 lbs while the stringer who does the same string and acheive the same equivalent tention at 60lbs. This machine was calibrated as well.
    I think we are talking about apples vs. oranges.

You are referring to "bad quality" (not necessarily cheaper, though) machines, while I am referring to good quality (less features) and reliable machines. For example, even a top of the line drop weight machine might still be cheaper than an electrical machine, but I doubt there's any quality issues regarding to the cheaper but already well made drop weight machine.

Yes, I read some reviews on the string gripper on certain machines (especially some brand crank machines) are not as great. The reason is usually due to such machines were designed for tennis strings, where as badminton strings are much thinner. However, such machines are not necesserily "cheap". I believe the models being named cost at least US$200-300 or even higher. Again, my drop weighted machine only cost me US$170, but doing things in wonder. Of course, machine maintenance (e.g. clean up the gripper) is also a factor, as you can't expect a machine to last you forever, if you don't take care of it.

Regarding the tension lost, tensioning is just 1 of the many possible factors. Others might include clamping and knotting. That's why I say, the stringers are more important than the machine itself. Also, proper accessories (e.g. clamps, pins, etc) can also help/against you, depend on how you use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try the website below .... they have pretty good machines here .... i would recommend the upright machines under "Professional Manual Stringing Machines" even though we're not professionals.

http://www.eagnas.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt

Just my opinion, please correct me if I say anything wrong.
    1) Cheaper price machine <> bad. It is the skill that matter.
    2) Machine with fancy feature can help inexperienced stringer avoid mistake and string faster. However, many time, different stringer with same expensive machine will have different result. It is call human factor.
    3) May people here string their own racquet for to save money. As long as you use same experienced stringer with same machine, you will get a simular good result.
    4) I don't trust my racquet with anyother stringer since a bif sports chain broke mine last time and can not replace it.

For your example, your friend does not know his machine well as he should. Sorry...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An experienced stringer with a cheap machine will always string better then an inexperienced stringer with a state-of-the-art machine.

Why? The experienced stringer will know what to do to make the most out of the string job, to get the best possible string job given the tools. The inexperienced stringer will not know how to do this.

You can get a very accurate string job with a $85 drop weight stringing machine, if you know what you are doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For example, newbie stringer at Impulse Sports doesn't know how to get the cross string from one end to the other. The machine is Babolat Sensor .

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    An experienced stringer with a cheap machine will always string better then an inexperienced stringer with a state-of-the-art machine.

Why? The experienced stringer will know what to do to make the most out of the string job, to get the best possible string job given the tools. The inexperienced stringer will not know how to do this.

You can get a very accurate string job with a $85 drop weight stringing machine, if you know what you are doing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    For example, newbie stringer at Impulse Sports doesn't know how to get the cross string from one end to the other. The machine is Babolat Sensor .
    OMG, a Babolat Sensor...dream machine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    0wned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I also hear rip off prices?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,
    I recently had a bad experience with Eagnas too. I simply asked them for an owner's manual because the new machine didn't come with one. In return i was shocked to hear she called an idiot. So i sent her a very nasty email (uncensored email upon on request). Here is the back and fore email.

>To:
    >Subject: Re: Owner's Manual
    >Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:12:01 -0400
    >
    > Dear Sir:
    >
    > If you are not our customer, how can we service you. You are
    > idiot. If you did not purchase from us and ask the service,
    > how we will service you? By your standard, we shall mail all the
    > manual to everyone arounf the world. Is that right?
    >
    > By the same standard, Please send all your belonging to us.
    > Your pictures and all your family items shall mail to us.
    > You shall pay all the postage for shipping these items to us.
    >
    > If you do not send these items to us your service is very bad.
    > I will tell everyone that "Steve ....."'s service is very bad.
    >
    > If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to
    > contact us.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Michele
    > Maxline
    >At 05:53 PM 3/16/2007 -0600, you wrote:
    Hi,
    Sorry we had lost the invoice.
    The machine might have been purchased under my son's name " Darren .... ".
    Before we boughted the Eagnas machine, we had heard good things about the machine and bad things about the service after. Now i know why, all i'm asking for is an owner's manual. ( Each new machine should come with one ).
    > >Thanks.
    > >
    > >
    > >>From: Maxline <maxline@eagnas.com>
    > >>To:
    > >>Subject: Re: Owner's Manual
    > >>Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 04:36:35 -0400
    > >>
    > >> Dear Sir:
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for your e-mail.
    > >>
    > >> We just could not locate your name on our data base. Please let
    > >> us know your invoice number.
    > >>
    > >> If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to
    > >> contact us.
    > >>
    > >> Sincerely,
    > >>
    > >> Michele
    > >> Maxline
    > >>At 06:34 AM 3/14/2007 -0700, you wrote:
    > >> >Hello,
    > >> >I've bought the machine online back in December 2006.The tension on the seen to be off, so i need an owner's manual to help adjusting it.
    > >> >Thank you.
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >> >>From: Maxline <maxline@eagnas.com>
    > >> >>To:
    > >> >>Subject: Re: Owner's Manual
    > >> >>Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:51:49 -0400
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Dear Sir:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Thanks for your e-mail.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Please let us know when did you purchase this machine?
    > >> >>
    > >> >> If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to
    > >> >> contact us.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Sincerely,
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Michele
    > >> >> Maxline
    > >> >>At 01:42 PM 3/13/2007 -0700, you wrote:
    > >> >> >Hello,
    > >> >> >I've recently bought an Eagnas Flex 722E stringing machine with LED display panel but it didn't come with an owner's manual. Please send one out to me asap or the internet link to download one.
    > >> >> >Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow..nice service...-sarcasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxline is run by a bunch by idiots. I remembered calling them and enquiring about some machine. All i can say is that their service is one of the worst i have ever encountered in my life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2