canadian online store that sells carlton airblades

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by TonyWdq, Dec 17, 2006.

1. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    anyone know any canadian online store that sell carlton airblade series?

i'm looking for the superlite 05 version (red/black) but can't find it anywhere online in canada

some say canandian tire has it but my local store doesn't only the lite available
    others say badmintonzon.com has it but they just pulled it off their shelves in october
    dont trust ebay/or used (obvious reasons)
    dont really want to order from other countries cuz price wise it seem to cost me more than a mp88 with tax + custom + shipping .. and theres no guarantee its the right model

so if any online store experts could step out and help me out it would be appreciated

thx

2. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

i would definitely appreciate some input also.

i've been looking for sources for the 2003 model, but now has opened up more to everything from the 2002 ti-superlite models to the red/black models of 2004-2006.

3. carltex

carltex Regular Member

hi guys, maybe you can both purchase at singapore website sportshop and what that mode you are looking for 2006 product or 2007 product??? email me and i can find it for you

4. chickenpoodle

well, the one he's looking for is the newer (maybe not so new) 2005/2006 model while i'm leaning more towards the old ones... (2002-2003)
    i'll pm you with what we have in mind, descriptions included, and if you could get any prices, that'd be very awesome indeed.

5. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    is this the 03 edition you speak of? Ti?[​IMG]

6. chickenpoodle

that one is almost the same, but the cone on the one i'd prefer is different.
    i've kind of grown to really like the CFSIII cone.

i have here a picture of the one i like, and plus the one i think you're after... correct?

unfortunately theres so many variations, its hard to nail down the exact one we want...

grey/black ones is the airblade superlite 2003.
    red/black one at the end is the airblade superlite 2004-2006 (be not confused with the rasmussen airblade superlite, which is almost the same in color).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heres the 2002 airblade ti superlite...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. chickenpoodle

heres the 2004 rasmussen airblade superlite.
    its about 4-5 grams heavier than the regular "airblade superlite".
    so around 85g vs 81g
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    :eek::eek::eek:amazing collection:eek::eek::eek:

and yes, that red one with the funny cone is the airblade superlite i'm looking for!!!:D

because there are overwhelming numbers of variations (CN?CA?US?UK?) and stores dont post exact models/years/color/weight/length.....:crying: i'm just targeting the newest version hopefully score the right one in first hand market:eek:, besides its easier to find identical backup racket years down the road

going down to boston area this weekend, hopefully i'll run into some carltons in yonex stores:rolleyes:

9. carltex

carltex Regular Member

tony,about the lastest racket that carlton is in the market and good price
    in malaysia .powerflo 805,806 and 807.
    i think you should to test it.

10. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    ok
    i will try to find some locally to try it out to see if it fit my style

11. chickenpoodle

i dont' know what is the reason for the difference in the two cones for the 2003 model.... maybe different market perhaps.

the thing is that all of those racquets, every model we listed above should be identical except for the rasmussen variation...

665mm length, 81g +/- 2g.
    balance is a bit odd, with slightly head-heavy balance (290-300mm), probably due to bad quality control!

after using the superlite red for a bit after i recently got it (mistake from the shipper, sent me a red one isntead of grey!), i've figured they are almost the same... but i dont' like the huge almost round cone on it.

finding backups was the problem i had (until now i think, i might of sourced what i think is the ultimate source!) but price is slightly an issue...
    i got really spooked when i broke one and serverely cracked one within a month quite a while back.

then in the last week, my girlfriend who also plays as often as i do, decided she likes my airblade superlites more than her powerblades. :eek:
    so i think i'll be looking back to ebay for a few more over the next day or two... i guess i'll have to pay up a bit to get some consistency instead of buying them from all different places. have to minimize variations!

#11 chickenpoodle, Dec 18, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  12. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    are you/did you get your 2003 superlites from a seller named racketworld or something in UK ?? i might not buy from there just wondering, cuz he seems to be the only seller on all of the superlites on all of the ebays right now, and the price.. only 50 CAD without tax and shipping.. tempting

13. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    btw is the superlite's balance at 290-300mm? or just the 2003s? all ads ive seen say its headlight (at most 28cm)

nothing too shocking, just seem odd:confused:

14. chickenpoodle

yeah, i've purchased 5 or 6 from racketworld already.
    they range from 40-60CAD. then add on ~30CAD shipping.
    not that bad a deal, really...

i've been talking to the Mick fellow from racketworld. i can ask if he can post any red/black models up. he has ties with carlton.

well, i think it was ~280mm to begin with.
    but as you can see, i stripped all my grip off my racquet and put only one layer on the wood. so there will be lost weight off the handle.
    we also have to remember this is merely static balance, and won't make that huge of a difference. but i still "notice" a difference. psychological perhaps. :D

i actually went and measured the balances on mines, and they range from 303mm to 307mm...

#14 chickenpoodle, Dec 19, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  15. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    The Canadian Tire here in Vancouver has the Airblade Superlite that looks like the one in the photo where chickenpoodle said, "red/black one at the end is the airblade superlite 2004-2006". They are selling it for $49. I just bought one to try.

The only thing is that their website only lists the Airblade Lite for my area. They list that for $49 too. $7.99 for shipping.

16. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    What I forgot to mention is that you may want to keep checking the Canadian Tire stores near you if you don't find one elsewhere. I was looking for this racket a month or so ago but CT didn't have it until I checked again today. There's big stack of more than a dozen now.

17. chickenpoodle

ph_leung, can i get the address of the canadian tire location you bought yours at? i'm going to see if i can get a few shipped to me.

thank-you!

18. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    It's this one:

2290 CAMBIE ST.
    VANCOUVER, BC
    V5Z2T7
    Phone: 604-707-2290

If you're going to do it, I can take a photo of the one I got yesterday to confirm it's exactly the model you're thinking of. It has that funny cone, it's red&black, it's got the black with red thread ribbed grip and is strung with Carlton 65 string. It says 84g +/- 2g, medium flex, and has "high modulus" CF written on the rim.

#18 ph_leung, Dec 21, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  19. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    can you post a pic?

i may just order from them, my local canadian tire only sell powerblade superlite (iso head)

i asked them about airblade they said appearantly they dont even know whats coming in during the next shipment

20. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    The staff seem to have no idea at all. Sometimes the store here has all Airblade Lites on the shelf but nothing else (like a few weeks ago). Now they're all gone. Is someone hoarding them or are they moving stock around for no reason? They only have the AB-SL and SB-SL now. They're all priced the same though (Why???).

When they stock them on the shelf, they put them on the same bundles (AB Lites, AB Superlites, PB SuperLites). The only difference is the one I got yesterday, they put a anti-theft tag closing the zipper from being opened. No other model has that.