Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    If only the LD fans are understanding as Indra for TH
    Here! Here! ...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong
    I don't understand, isn't it every man's dream to be XXF's boyfriend?
    Errrrrr...ummmm...no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    If she is Zhang Ziyi it might be worth considering.....XXF, we will leave it to LD.
    i agree with you..

poor LD... he's now being bashed by his own chinese fans... i guess TH is really lucky to have die-hard, all-weather indonesian fans... Hi INDRA!!! where have you gone??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile 2 best players

I guess the fans are spoiled by their recent success in TC/UC and WC. Everyone know LD and TH are the 2 best MS players right now. It's always a 50-50 match. If LD lost to a guy called Qidong, then he should find a place to hide.

hello friends,
    I'm new in this forum... great to join the forum...
    I agree with u. LD and TH are great Technically, they both are in the same level. I love to see them playing on MS final.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand, isn't it every man's dream to be XXF's boyfriend?
    You must be tall or else you need high heels....hahaha

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie
    You must be tall or else you need high heels....hahaha
    What if I have and am both. ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that LD should just play his game and forget about he is playing TH. However that's hard since TH is doing everything to prevent LD from being himself, and if there is one guy in this world who can do this, that's TH. The next candidate is CH.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie
    LD just showed too much respect for TH and played too cautious a game. LD should just play his game, avoid netsie as you said and who knows if the second game has gone LD's way. I pitied LD in OG08, playing in Beiging with the entire nation weighing on his shoulder, man! that is a real pressure-cooker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    I agree that LD should just play his game and forget about he is playing TH. However that's hard since TH is doing everything to prevent LD from being himself, and if there is one guy in this world who can do this, that's TH. The next candidate is CH.
    yes, including starting a media controversy about LD and walking out at HK. I do know that's his plan to rattle LD before the AG coz he wanted badly and willing to go this length to get it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, XXF mentioned that at the interview with sports qq. TH was probably under tremendous pressure to win before saying sayonara to 2006. Actually all the top players - LD, TH, LCW are probably very stressed out to perform well. So we as badminton fans shouldn't be too hard on them and be prejudiced against any of them just because our idols get beaten at times.
    Having said that, I think the players should not go beyond the norm like walking out of a match other than being injured/not well. Or hitting the bird into the net when you know you are losing. There is no shame in losing when one tries his/her best. After all there can only be one winner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyous
    Yeah, XXF mentioned that at the interview with sports qq. TH was probably under tremendous pressure to win before saying sayonara to 2006. Actually all the top players - LD, TH, LCW are probably very stressed out to perform well. So we as badminton fans shouldn't be too hard on them and be prejudiced against any of them just because our idols get beaten at times.
    Having said that, I think the players should not go beyond the norm like walking out of a match other than being injured/not well. Or hitting the bird into the net when you know you are losing. There is no shame in losing when one tries his/her best. After all there can only be one winner.
    It's good to have you on board cos you're pretty objective. However while I agree with your other viewpoints , I beg to differ on TH' s HKO walkout.It's a fact that ,compared to Tennis, badminton umpires are generally amateurish.TH did it because the umpire didn't execute her job well enough eventhough she's supposed to be very experienced.It took guts to do it cos TH knew he 's gonna pay for his actions.In another match, when LCW asked for the referee to protest some clearly dubious line calls, the response he got was, "This is China.' (meaning 'it's gonna be unfair,what do you expect?)

TH's walkout has led to BWF reviewing umpire professionalism and better ways of ensuring fair play on court so that players can show their best.(Besides getting TH punished ,of course) If not for TH, umpires think they are beyond reproach. Those are not antics.

Badminton still has a long way to go in terms creating conditions to bring out the best in the players. I agree the AE06 semi of LCW vs LD has got to be among the best (if not the best) with respect to umpire, line judges and fantastic uplifting crowd support for the players. Maybe that's why both LCW and LD were inspired to play phenomenal badminton. Those are the kind of match conditions that the Super Series 2007 should aim for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2