Proace Nanospeed 9000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by btan5, Dec 20, 2006.

1. btan5

btan5 Regular Member

Hi,

I bought a Proace Nanospeed 9000 at Bras Basah. It's quite an amusing close replica of the Yonex Nano 9000 but at half the price. I tried the feel (w/o strings) of both the original and the "clone" at the shop. They had the same (head light) feel. (I was previously using the Yonex Isometric 20VF and was looking to try a head light racquet.) I was told that the Proace Nano had a stronger frame than the Yonex Nano and could thus take higher string tensions. (Proace racquets are made in Vietnam.) Anyway, I bought the Proace and got it strung to 24lbs. Wasn't willing to pay for the Yonex one.

Tried it in a doubles game that night. Must say it felt very light after being use to the head heavier Isometric racquet. What I learned was that with head light racquets, the power is up to you. The racquet lacks weight and thus its own momentum. So all the momentum would generally have to come from you. Also, you get a lighter "ping" sound when hitting. I think I will like it more and more once I get use to it.

Cheers!

#1 btan5, Dec 20, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  2. musky hunter

musky hunter Regular Member

tell us abt. the durability later.....

3. btan5

btan5 Regular Member

Hahaha.. ya, will do altho I may not be the best example as i only play once a week.

Cheers

PS: The title of the post should be "Proace Nano 90 Speed". Made a mistake :)

4. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

How much you got it for?
    what string are you using btw?

I would say proace made better quality clone than their apacs line

5. btan5

btan5 Regular Member

Yonex strings (ProAce strings were out). Cant remember exact racquet price but it is about SG$125. Plus some sticky grip wrap, total I paid = $SG137, i think. Then they gave me a Yonex Nano racquet casing for free (the one that follows your racquet shape) .

Yes, they recommended Proace over Apacs. It's a good "equivalent" if u dont wnat to pay 200+$SG for the real thing.

#5 btan5, Dec 21, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  6. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Same feel ? I don't think authentic NS9000 is head-light.

7. btan5

btan5 Regular Member

different ppl feel it differently. to me both racquets had the same head light feel. but i must say i tried both unstrung in my hand at the shop. i did not try the yonex nano on the court, only the proace.

cheers