User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 114
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    china
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift
    True. It's just a prediction,hence the inclusion of 'will'.Reason for it is that TH has beaten LD before full fitness, just training twice a week. What if the old man decides to up it to 3x a week? Problem is this match may not happen.LD ,when facing an almost fully fit TH,gets gripped by fear,then we don't get to see him play his best.Also it's important to have neutral ground otherwise an INA crowd gives TH an advantage. Is Philippines neutral? or maybe Canada? Or Singapore? They still haven't decided on the venue for the year end blockbuster Masters.Any suggestions?
    may i suggest beijing china? cause i really want to watch this game

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    china
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bic33
    that was waaay back 1999.. imagine, a 18 (or maybe 19) year old number 1?.. really amazing...
    that is really pretty impressive

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's good to hear there's still friendly badminton.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Off topic

    Off topic, Happy New Year to everybody!!!
    More power to badmintoncentral!

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemana
    may i suggest beijing china? cause i really want to watch this game
    good idea!
    i would go there if you treat me

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do not think that it is right that LD said that he was better than TH...TH had accomplished more than LD...he should be humbler...TH played less tournaments also...I guess LD may not mean that way....hope not....at the moment, I think they are same level...

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rudy6713
    I do not think that it is right that LD said that he was better than TH.....I guess LD may not mean that way....hope not....at the moment, I think they are same level...

    TH had accomplished more than LD...he should be humbler...TH played less tournaments also.
    Isnt this statement self contradicting since LD played more and won more tournaments?

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The problem with LD is that, his winning streak has holes. In 2003 - 2004, he won many titles, then alas, out in the first round in the Olympics, losing to a non-top player (Taufik at least lost to the would-be champion); After the Olympics, he seemed recovered, winning many titles again, then alas, lost pathetically in the WC final; After that, he seemed to again recovered, finally getting the WC title, although the strongest non-Chinese opponent he met is Hafiz. Then at the end of the year, alas again. So, LD won many titles but had one big hole in his winning streak each year.

    Therefore we cannot say "LD dominated the badminton world in 2004 - 2006". And LD will not be remembered long if he does not hit something big in the near future. So far he has not done much better than Peter Gade around 2000.

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler



    TH had accomplished more than LD...he should be humbler...TH played less tournaments also.
    Isnt this statement self contradicting since LD played more and won more tournaments?

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    The problem with LD is that, his winning streak has holes. In 2003 - 2004, he won many titles, then alas, out in the first round in the Olympics, losing to a non-top player (Taufik at least lost to the would-be champion); After the Olympics, he seemed recovered, winning many titles again, then alas, lost pathetically in the WC final; After that, he seemed to again recovered, finally getting the WC title, although the strongest non-Chinese opponent he met is Hafiz. Then at the end of the year, alas again. So, LD won many titles but had one big hole in his winning streak each year.

    Therefore we cannot say "LD dominated the badminton world in 2004 - 2006". And LD will not be remembered long if he does not hit something big in the near future. So far he has not done much better than Peter Gade around 2000.
    nobody become an expert or pro overnite. Of course LD has up and downs but the overall trend is up. As for TH, the overall trend is down. His win at 2006 AG by technical definition, a marginal win.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really don't know what you guys are thinking... If TH in his current form could still comfortably beat LD, that would prove there is no hope for LD and there would be no point posting all those LD vs TH stuff.

    Also, LD has been in the top circuit for quite some years. He was already technically a top player back in 2001. So 04 - 08 are really his best years. It's not like he is a newly released boy or something when he lost all those big titles.

    As I said, so far LD has not been doing much better than PG during his top years. LD needs to grab his last big chance, which is 08 Olympics. In fact, he definitely should try to secure both 07 WC and 08 Olympics to join the elite group referred to as "legends".


    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    nobody become an expert or pro overnite. Of course LD has up and downs but the overall trend is up. As for TH, the overall trend is down. His win at 2006 AG by technical definition, a marginal win.
    Last edited by ye333; 12-27-2006 at 10:18 PM.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LD is the most consistent winner in the badminton circuit. TH, LCW, PG and LHI are the occasional winners when LD feels the 'heat'.

    To be a real champion, one has to win frequently like LD. LD will be remembered like Rudy Hartono, Alan Kopp, Eddie Choong, and others. I doubt TH or LCW will be remembered in the same vain unless they score consistently like LD.

    Fame comes with consistency !

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My favorite Chinese player is YANG YANG who now resides in Perth, Australia.
    Last edited by X Ball; 12-27-2006 at 11:11 PM.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes..

    LD joined a lots tournament, that's way he can ranking no.1

    Lin Dan Said: better than TH.. It is wrong...How come can said like that?? if Better why LD lost at Asian Games Man Single Final..

    So another Records:
    1. TH beat Lin DAN Always straigth set...
    2. Lin DAN can beat TH straight set..
    3. Lin DAN always lost to TH straight set...
    4. Lin DAN lost to TH of the Important tournament (WC and Asian Games)..

    So, Now I am totally agree TH said: Lin Dan Arogant.

    Now The Titles:
    1. TH got: Asian Games Titles 2002 and 2006
    2. TH got: Olimpic title: 2004
    3. TH got: WC title: 2005

    So only All England don't have by TH.. So Later on TH got the ALL England Title.. He can claim 1 of the legend player... Nobody the legend like TH right now...So the Ranking not important for him...

    So anybody can tell me: who can do Backhand Smash like speed 260KM/hour?? so I can say TH the complete player..
    TH can use his backhand to attack the opponent....

    Later we can see... the result of the Olimpic 2008, All England 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010..

    TH want to depend his olimpic title and want to take the all england titles...

    So I hope taufik can maintenance his personality (no smoking, do training fully, make motivation, etc)..

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    I really don't know what you guys are thinking... If TH in his current form could still comfortably beat LD, that would prove there is no hope for LD and there would be no point posting all those LD vs TH stuff.

    Also, LD has been in the top circuit for quite some years. He was already technically a top player back in 2001. So 04 - 08 are really his best years. It's not like he is a newly released boy or something when he lost all those big titles.

    As I said, so far LD has not been doing much better than PG during his top years. LD needs to grab his last big chance, which is 08 Olympics. In fact, he definitely should try to secure both 07 WC and 08 Olympics to join the elite group referred to as "legends".

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So your favorite YANG YANG.

    FYI: YANG YANG lost to Hendri Saputra from Indonesia 2 times (all straight set)... So at the time the china coach said: YANG YANG can't beat Hendri Saputra..

    But not lucky to Hendri Saputra.. after that he got sick 1 year (Hepatitis B), so he stop play badminton... Hendri saputra got a lots titles at the time for open tournament.

    Now, Hendri Saputra is top coach in Indonesia. He coach at Tangkas Badminton Club.. He coach Hendrawan, Simon Santoso, Hermawan Susanto, Liliana natsir/Nova, Indra Bagus, etc..

    so last time: Liong Bo assisten asked hendri to go china to join at china national player as head man single coach... but he don't want...

    So last time: SBA director and Head Coach (singapore) Hamid Khan ask hendri also... but he also don't want...

    If Hendri Saputra not sick at time.... Yang Yang and Zoa Jian Hua can win easier the tournaments..... this two players from China can't beat Hendri Saputra at time It is the China coach said.... is not me say OK... It information from china news paper and indonesia news paper at time....Hendri saputra still keep the news paper for him memory....

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    My favorite Chinese player is YANG YANG who now resides in Perth, Australia.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler



    TH had accomplished more than LD...he should be humbler...TH played less tournaments also.
    Isnt this statement self contradicting since LD played more and won more tournaments?
    I think you misunderstood me....TH can not prove himself sicne he played less tournaments than LD.....a few player can beat LD...if TH played more this year...he could beat LD at certain tournaments so LD might not win as many tournaments this year...thats what I mean....

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    nobody become an expert or pro overnite. Of course LD has up and downs but the overall trend is up. As for TH, the overall trend is down. His win at 2006 AG by technical definition, a marginal win.
    Hi Cooler...dont you think that your statement is not supoporting LD.....he said that he ,himself is better player than TH...if he had up and downs..then he should not say that he is better than TH...TH will be remembered for many things...not LD...

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball
    LD is the most consistent winner in the badminton circuit. TH, LCW, PG and LHI are the occasional winners when LD feels the 'heat'.

    To be a real champion, one has to win frequently like LD. LD will be remembered like Rudy Hartono, Alan Kopp, Eddie Choong, and others. I doubt TH or LCW will be remembered in the same vain unless they score consistently like LD.

    Fame comes with consistency !
    If fame comes with consistensy...do you think LD has it also.?? I do not think so....pls read all articles and wins of LD back in the last 5 yrs....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Taufik Black and Gold shirt, Taufik Hidayat Line.
    By James. in forum Market Place
    Replies: 6
    : 11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
  2. Taufik Out!
    By tofuness in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 59
    : 07-06-2008, 10:58 AM
  3. SuperDan thinks of using smile to thaw intensity with Hidayat
    By cao ci dan in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007
    Replies: 14
    : 01-23-2007, 09:37 AM
  4. Taufik won 15-12; 15-12
    By sjoe in forum Olympics ATHENS 2004
    Replies: 6
    : 08-18-2004, 10:37 AM
  5. Taufik
    By nauknip in forum General Forum
    Replies: 17
    : 06-24-2001, 01:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •