User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 106
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What is wrong with LCW?

    LCW had a very good first half year in 2006. He won several titles, reached finals in Macao, Hongkang and Taipei, was World No.1 for a couple of weeks, and even beat LD in MO to win the title. It seemed only LD could stop him in finals. We all were talking about a rivalry between him and LD for the years to come. In contrast his performance in the second half of the year has been very poor. He got beaten by several other players in semifinals including the two semifinal losses to TH in JO and AG. In the AG team competation he was even beaten in two straight sets by LYI against whom LCW had a good record. I like LCW's skills and his humble personality a lot, but can not understand his poor performance in recent months. We used to attribute some of his losses to the excessive pressure from BAM or his fans, but this time in the AG BAM did not set too high goals for its players. I hope some of you can help me find out the reasons.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dont think he underperformed during the match against TH, just that TH's form is better than him. He lost to LHI simply because LHI was just in excellent form duing the teams event, im not surprised LD also lost to him.
    Last edited by zqloy; 12-08-2006 at 08:21 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    5,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well...As i said,losing and winning is really very comman to all the players...When your opponent play better and eager to win than you,then you have to admit it...Sometimes,we can't really understand why they lose and what we can do is hope that he can come back in the next year...No matter what,in my heart,he is still a very great player..So,i am waiting for his great performance next year...

  4. #4
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Basically nothing is wrong with LCW. He played his game. Its just that his opponent is much stronger than him.
    Personally, His preparation was disrupted due to the accident.

    Well after this Asian games.. they will have a good rest during the holiday season. Will start campaigning at the MSia Open.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MMmmm, I think LCW had under pressure from their coutrymen, he must get this major title, since he never. He has good skill, but he must improve his mental weakness. Sorry to say, but with existing mental, he will never win major title, even in his crowd home at WC next year!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chemile
    MMmmm, I think LCW had under pressure from their coutrymen, he must get this major title, since he never. He has good skill, but he must improve his mental weakness. Sorry to say, but with existing mental, he will never win major title, even in his crowd home at WC next year!
    TH and LD are simply better than LCW. For LCW to beat them, LCW has to be in top form with his deceptive play, pinpoint smashing accuracy and everything works and that is difficult to do everytime. And LCW lacks a killer smash. Having said that, LCW, TH and LD, whenever they play each other, is a threat to us fans.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie
    TH and LD are simply better than LCW. For LCW to beat them, LCW has to be in top form with his deceptive play, pinpoint smashing accuracy and everything works and that is difficult to do everytime. And LCW lacks a killer smash. Having said that, LCW, TH and LD, whenever they play each other, is a threat to us fans.
    I think his smashes hv improved, esp his crosscrourt smashes r deadly. TH cant retrieve quite a few of LCW's crosscourt smashes. But as i say TH's netplay is just too good, LCW just like Bao and LD, couldnt do much on that when facing the netplay genius like TH.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zqloy
    I think his smashes hv improved, esp his crosscrourt smashes r deadly. TH cant retrieve quite a few of LCW's crosscourt smashes. But as i say TH's netplay is just too good, LCW just like Bao and LD, couldnt do much on that when facing the netplay genius like TH.
    Totally agree with you, TH's netplay was the main reason for beating Bao and LCW, when LCW lifts, TH will usually start bombarding him with smashes. LCW's crosscourt smashes were amazing too, if only he can net like TH then he can use it more. Lets hope he improves his net.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie
    TH and LD are simply better than LCW. For LCW to beat them, LCW has to be in top form with his deceptive play, pinpoint smashing accuracy and everything works and that is difficult to do everytime. And LCW lacks a killer smash. Having said that, LCW, TH and LD, whenever they play each other, is a threat to us fans.
    Agree. For now.LCW's play is also more precision-driven so the draft is always going to be an important factor.However, that also means his play is always great to watch regardless of who he plays. When there's TH or LD on the other side,it's like you said, always a treat, in fact ,sensational. Just high speed,sheer top quality all the way. You don't think LCW's cross-court smash is a killer smash? In only the last half of the 2nd game, I thought he won two or three points from that smash. TH could only defend one or two of LCW's smashes. That's at least 67% conversion. What's a killer smash? 80% conversion?
    Anyway, like Ants said, his accident affected his training which would affect his performance. It would be foolish to train hard immediately like before, in spite of medical clearance.Better to allow more time for the body to heal.But I'm hopeful 2007 will be a great year for him.

  10. #10
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LCW was never in any pressure.. i'm lying. What i mean is that the pressure doesnt really affect him much. He played his game and his opponent is much better than him this time PERIOD and he admits that too. No one really blames him for the defeats.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift
    Agree. For now.LCW's play is also more precision-driven so the draft is always going to be an important factor.However, that also means his play is always great to watch regardless of who he plays. When there's TH or LD on the other side,it's like you said, always a treat, in fact ,sensational. Just high speed,sheer top quality all the way. You don't think LCW's cross-court smash is a killer smash? In only the last half of the 2nd game, I thought he won two or three points from that smash. TH could only defend one or two of LCW's smashes. That's at least 67% conversion. What's a killer smash? 80% conversion?
    Anyway, like Ants said, his accident affected his training which would affect his performance. It would be foolish to train hard immediately like before, in spite of medical clearance.Better to allow more time for the body to heal.But I'm hopeful 2007 will be a great year for him.
    Agree with U. Being a Malaysian myself, of course I cheer for my countrymen and LCW is one of favorite players. His performance in MO06 and AE06 vrs LD are exciting and are among my favorites videos, the other one is ZJH vrs Joko (I must have seen this video 10X). LCW's deception, netplay and coming from behind to win in the new 21-point scoring system against LD in MO06, now that is really something to witness (I envy those people who saw this game life). I have watched these 3 videos so much that my mind can memorize all those moves but unfortunately, my body would not cooperate and quit like TH did vrs LD and say no go!...hahahaha! I have not seen the LCW vrs TH match, therefore have not seen his cross-court smash like U said, but from previous matches, I agree they are great shots, catching the opponents out of position. I would like to correct one thing, I erred in saying killer smash, I meant power smash. If U have seen TH smash in real-life, that is a very powerful shot. LD's smash is one of a kind, three-steps-back-jump (seems suspend in the air) and smash with power and accuracy, that's a beauty and a trade-mark, won't U agree?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie
    I have not seen the LCW vrs TH match, therefore have not seen his cross-court smash like U said, but from previous matches, I agree they are great shots, catching the opponents out of position. I would like to correct one thing, I erred in saying killer smash, I meant power smash. If U have seen TH smash in real-life, that is a very powerful shot. LD's smash is one of a kind, three-steps-back-jump (seems suspend in the air) and smash with power and accuracy, that's a beauty and a trade-mark, won't U agree?
    U should see the match. LCW's forehand crosscourt smashes is no less powerful and deceptive than TH and LD. Has improved alot compare to MO.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i don't agree that lcw was out of shape last night. he got better compared to the last time i watched him. taufik was merely in really good shape when he beat lcw. it was a really nice game. they really fought for it. and many awesome rallies. it was just a pity that the game ended with a doubted line call. at the end, it was nice to see the two great players giving each other a huge hug. haha. one thing they have in common is that they both dont like lindan. lol.. anyway, for now, i hope taufik will be come the asiad badminton men's singles champ!!!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    774
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LCW is a good player but i think he gets nervous at times

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carlow, Ireland, Ireland
    Posts
    2,044
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    there is no reason for LCW to lose...
    he got skill....
    he got tactic...
    he even got stamina...
    i think wat made him lose was juz his mind...
    his mentality could not beat LD & taufik...
    now...
    malaysia badminton team got a thing to do...
    find a profesional to work on our player...
    as i know...
    mentality is a powerful weapon to win...
    wat malaysian player less of is tat...
    tat's why we can't win in big event...
    the problem is no one know how to solve this problem...
    on wat i saw...
    rexy got something in this...
    maybe he can teach our player of tat...

  16. #16
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A)For people who have actually watch his semifinal game
    ===========================================

    1) Impossible to say his mental is weak.
    2) Impossible to say he didn't play properly
    3) Impossible to say he didn't try all his best
    4) Impossible to blame hime because both LCW and taufik play very good badminton, but for that day, Taufik was just better.

    B) For people who did not see the match but simply shoot their mouth
    ================================================== ====
    1) Go watch the match la. Now got broadband internet. Got Sendspace. GO DOWNLOAD LA!


    c)If you did see the game but think LCW is otherwise, then all I can say is :-
    ================================================== =====
    1) YOU LOOK BUT YOU CAN NOT SEE. very sorry for you!!!
    2) If you see car coming, means can not cross ya. In case this you don't know.

    D)To that reporter that wrote 'Lee Chong Wei just decided to lose to the Lee Hyun Ill' :-
    ============================================
    YOU ARE DAMN CHICKEN FOR NOT PUBLISHING YOUR NAME ALONG WITH YOUR REPORT!!!!


    'nuff said

    The Big Bad Mean Borneon BaddyNut @ TBBMBB(N)

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man

    D)To that reporter that wrote 'Lee Chong Wei just decided to lose to the Lee Hyun Ill' :-
    ============================================
    YOU ARE DAMN CHICKEN FOR NOT PUBLISHING YOUR NAME ALONG WITH YOUR REPORT!!!!
    Wow who the heck is that wrote such rubbish??? Can u share where do u saw that?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What did I do wrong
    By Dokkie in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 34
    : 06-07-2011, 11:34 AM
  2. What's wrong here
    By Kiloo in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 18
    : 12-30-2009, 11:38 PM
  3. This is just WRONG!
    By DinkAlot in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 68
    : 03-09-2009, 10:26 PM
  4. Help: did I do something wrong?
    By Kee_Lee in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 2
    : 03-30-2008, 05:09 AM
  5. What did I do wrong??
    By versionone_ in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 6
    : 06-29-2005, 02:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •