User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 114
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    I really don't know what you guys are thinking... If TH in his current form could still comfortably beat LD, that would prove there is no hope for LD and there would be no point posting all those LD vs TH stuff.

    Also, LD has been in the top circuit for quite some years. He was already technically a top player back in 2001. So 04 - 08 are really his best years. It's not like he is a newly released boy or something when he lost all those big titles.

    As I said, so far LD has not been doing much better than PG during his top years. LD needs to grab his last big chance, which is 08 Olympics. In fact, he definitely should try to secure both 07 WC and 08 Olympics to join the elite group referred to as "legends".
    Agree.TH is clearly the BETTER PLAYER since he can defeat LD even when not fully fit. The times when LD defeated TH are those when TH was not fully recovered from his injury or still adjusting to full time work.That's when LD PLAYED BETTER. LD will not be able to beat a fully fit TH.
    In fact LD will have his consistency tested in 2007 provided all the top players are injury-free.I wouldn't even bet OG08 on him.
    I question the consistency criterion. Anyone who's done research on LD's titles can deduce that they are mostly Team CHN 's titles. LD's just the little general anointed to collect the awards.And what's consistency if he has consistently lost the big ones when some big part timer like TH came to spoil the party?That's what 's most unsettling about LD's consistency.
    What I 'd like to see is how LYB will deal with his cards next year. Let's say LD has to play CH for the match vs TH. LD fears TH while CH has no fear. A super fit CH can defeat TH. Who would he choose?

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brunei
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like WWE. Maybe it's all entertainment and the wins and losses are part of the choreography. If you remember my theory back in another thread, TH and LD could well be partners of an emerging entertainment and merchandise company. They are earning big bucks from all the media attention and as soon as their products are on the market (LD/TH mugs, baseball caps, t-shirts, key chains etc), we are only accelerating their winning streak in this showbiz world of LD/TH. Maybe, who knows, right?

    So as to who is better? They are both winning the showbiz now !

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saugusli
    So your favorite YANG YANG.

    FYI: YANG YANG lost to Hendri Saputra from Indonesia 2 times (all straight set)... So at the time the china coach said: YANG YANG can't beat Hendri Saputra..

    But not lucky to Hendri Saputra.. after that he got sick 1 year (Hepatitis B), so he stop play badminton... Hendri saputra got a lots titles at the time for open tournament.

    Now, Hendri Saputra is top coach in Indonesia. He coach at Tangkas Badminton Club.. He coach Hendrawan, Simon Santoso, Hermawan Susanto, Liliana natsir/Nova, Indra Bagus, etc..

    so last time: Liong Bo assisten asked hendri to go china to join at china national player as head man single coach... but he don't want...

    So last time: SBA director and Head Coach (singapore) Hamid Khan ask hendri also... but he also don't want...

    If Hendri Saputra not sick at time.... Yang Yang and Zoa Jian Hua can win easier the tournaments..... this two players from China can't beat Hendri Saputra at time It is the China coach said.... is not me say OK... It information from china news paper and indonesia news paper at time....Hendri saputra still keep the news paper for him memory....
    Is Hendri Saputra known by any other name, because I am not aware a person with this name has won any World or Olympic Championships?

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He never join the world and olympic... At the time the olimpic don't have man.... Olimpic start in 1990 for trial....

    He only 1 year joined Indonesian National Player... because he got Sick (Hepatitis B) after that. So after he beat Yang Yang at Final tournament Open (2nd time), he got sick and stop play badminton...

    He got sick because he never maintenance his stamina....

    You not aware because you are different... because you still new about badminton....i think...so you don't know him..

    Better If you meet Yang Yang you ask about Hendri Saputra from Indonesia.. Yang Yang should know hendri because he lost 2 times from him....

    A lots peoples at this Badminton Forum still new and don't know the old player...the old legend player...

    Also you can go to Tangkas Badminton Club... You can see over there the legend badminton players from that club... Hendri saputra name is there. you can see also the record (He won alots of titles) over there.

    Last time Hendri Saputra coach by Fang Kai Hsiang at Tangkas.. after he stop player and not join Indonesian National Player anymore (Because Sick) and after recovery.. He coach at Tangkas... He help Fang Kai Hsiang to coach the talent players....

    Hendri at time Fang Kai Hsiang asisstent coach. So now Hendri the Senior Single Player coach...

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Is Hendri Saputra known by any other name, because I am not aware a person with this name has won any World or Olympic Championships?

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    philippines
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TH is remembered because he was a child prodigy and also an exciting player... because he is in the circuit more than LD is, the tendency is that he will be remembered more than LD... We can't still talk about them becoming as legends because their career hasn't even ended.. i mean, their achievements might even add to their current wins..wait for it (career) to end, count the achievements, weigh them... LD is a consistent player, a little 'dark' spots don't really degrade his quality as a player... TH is a little inconsistent.. however, his achievements, are 'heavier' as compared to open tournaments...
    Last edited by bic33; 12-29-2006 at 12:12 AM.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By now we should be smart enough to digest what the media says with a pinch of a salt. There is nothing like hearing from the horse's mouth. I note the recent interview with Lin Dan on http://sports.qq.com/a/20061213/000541.htm). LD mentioned that there is only a marginal difference amongst the top players and on any given day, if one of them should be lacking in any area, he would lose to his opponent. And for that simple reason, no player can win all the time. That is a very mature statement. Sometimes, half-truths and partly misrepresented statements are published in the papers which give rise to problems.

    It's disturbing that some die-hard fans literally hate their idol's opponents. Badminton after all is a game where friendship and players from different nations are seen as 'ambassadors'. Some may get offended when a player tears off his shirt in sheer joy and adore a stone-face champion. Either of these do not offend me. Neither does Taufik's off court antics. But if one were to look at the recent Japan Open, one can sense the hostility he has towards LD. Just watch the game. That I do no condone.

    I take my hats off to the general spectators in England. At the AE 06 Semi between LCW and LD, supporters of both players rooted but unanimously applauded for every rally. Again at the Finals, both Korean & Chinese supporters applauded when both players played well. I can't say the same for the supporters at the recent Asian Games.

    Peace to all BC fans.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joyous
    By now we should be smart enough to digest what the media says with a pinch of a salt. There is nothing like hearing from the horse's mouth. I note the recent interview with Lin Dan on http://sports.qq.com/a/20061213/000541.htm). LD mentioned that there is only a marginal difference amongst the top players and on any given day, if one of them should be lacking in any area, he would lose to his opponent. And for that simple reason, no player can win all the time. That is a very mature statement. Sometimes, half-truths and partly misrepresented statements are published in the papers which give rise to problems.

    It's disturbing that some die-hard fans literally hate their idol's opponents. Badminton after all is a game where friendship and players from different nations are seen as 'ambassadors'. Some may get offended when a player tears off his shirt in sheer joy and adore a stone-face champion. Either of these do not offend me. Neither does Taufik's off court antics. But if one were to look at the recent Japan Open, one can sense the hostility he has towards LD. Just watch the game. That I do no condone.

    I take my hats off to the general spectators in England. At the AE 06 Semi between LCW and LD, supporters of both players rooted but unanimously applauded for every rally. Again at the Finals, both Korean & Chinese supporters applauded when both players played well. I can't say the same for the supporters at the recent Asian Games.

    Peace to all BC fans.
    pretty good observation there, you're able to see deeper into player's game than just fancy strokes and footwork. When the media wrote that taufik think LD is arrogant, the die hard TH all jump into the bandwagon ridiculing and pointing fingers at LD, without checking the basis or accuracy of taufik statement while completely overlooking TH's own arroganceness.

    TH fans often contradicting themselves. One day they would say LYB and LD are scare of TH and respect TH's skills, fine enough. On another breath, TH fans then say LD and LYB are arrogant to TH. I ask u, how can a person be scare and respect someone AND arrogant to him at the same time? Isn't not the all sport journalists labeled TH as the bad boy of badminton, not LD. It seem the TH fans see TH badness as good and cool and LD is just plain bad.

    To me, what media wrote about TH and LD may not be 100% correct but the on court facial and body language of TH can't be denied. The walkout and dropout antics and mind games or tricks all to serve to rattle or to avoid LD. LD never once deny playing TH or any other players, even when he himself isn't 100%. I see the same as you, TH has a sort of hatre to LD. Body language and self actions don't lie.

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well said,Joyous and cooler!!

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rudy6713
    If fame comes with consistensy...do you think LD has it also.?? I do not think so....pls read all articles and wins of LD back in the last 5 yrs....
    LD has been most consistent in the last two years (let us not go so far back - he is only 22). He has more wins this year than anybody else - even PG whom I consider one of the greatest bows to this man a few times these two years.

    Sure, TH is good but I have yet to see him win consistently like LD -- don't get me wrong, I got a big thrill in him winning the Asian Games but he does not win when you expect him to. It is the same with LCW.

    Although a lot of people have put forward some good views about their favorite players, I think the bottom line is LD has dominated. If he carries on winning with consistency, he will be remembered. This should also apply to any other players but I do not see anyone matching LD - certainly LCW has a chance but his lucky stars have dwindled greatly.

    Having said all that, the past is like the rear mirror in a car....it is a small focus for us - what we focus greatly is what lies in front of us (like the big windscreen). And so, this should be the views of the players coz next year brings forth another new focus for them and for us. My bet is Peter Gade will step up to thwart the Chinese. My hope is LCW will re-energise and also step up. TH is regaining stamina and zeal, and he might also add to the excitement. And not forgetting LHI, who really showed us what he can do too.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes. i think you are right..

    LD has been most consistent because he joined alots tournaments and so alfter he got rangking no.1, easy to him to going to final for every tournament...because he always the seeded no.1. Only after 3nd round he meet strong player.

    LCW also seeded no.2...

    Different with taufik..He must so hard one by one to go to semifinal... 1st already meet strong player. So it is need strong mentality....

    You can see alot of china players help lin dan to go to final easier..

    LCW different also... Hafid and wan chon han can help him fully to go to final....

    Last time indonesia got alots single players and they help together....

    For Example:
    Olimpic 1992: Alan Budikusuma the champion...
    At the time Indonesia got 3 strong players (Ardy Bernadus Wiranata, Hermawan Susanto, and Alan Budikusuma)..

    So Alan seeded don't have strong players... Only the Hermawan Susanto seeded got alots strong players (Zoa Jian Hua, Yang Yang and Ardy)...so Indonesia at the time have strategies to make sure Hermawan Susanto must beat Zoa Jian Hua and Yang Yang or Ardy must beat Zoa Jian Hua and Yang Yang....So the strategy successfully.

    Hermawan Susanto beat both Zoa Jian Hua and Yang Yang and Hermawan meet Ardy in semifinal...

    This strategy now used for china to take alots titles for them players.

    Cheers,
    Saugusli

    LD has been most consistent in the last two years (let us not go so far back - he is only 22). He has more wins this year than anybody else - even PG whom I consider one of the greatest bows to this man a few times these two years.

    Sure, TH is good but I have yet to see him win consistently like LD -- don't get me wrong, I got a big thrill in him winning the Asian Games but he does not win when you expect him to. It is the same with LCW.

    Although a lot of people have put forward some good views about their favorite players, I think the bottom line is LD has dominated. If he carries on winning with consistency, he will be remembered. This should also apply to any other players but I do not see anyone matching LD - certainly LCW has a chance but his lucky stars have dwindled greatly.

    Having said all that, the past is like the rear mirror in a car....it is a small focus for us - what we focus greatly is what lies in front of us (like the big windscreen). And so, this should be the views of the players coz next year brings forth another new focus for them and for us. My bet is Peter Gade will step up to thwart the Chinese. My hope is LCW will re-energise and also step up. TH is regaining stamina and zeal, and he might also add to the excitement. And not forgetting LHI, who really showed us what he can do too.[/quote]

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Milpitas CA, USA
    Posts
    2,700
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Best of 2006 vs greatest player

    Player is allowed to express their feeling especially if he/she truely believe that, so if Lin Dan think he's better then so be it! I am sure Lee Chong Wei also think he is the best in the world and most probably most of the Malaysian fan would agree, including me Really no big deal!
    Lin Dan won more titles in 2006 than Tuafik and have beaten Tuafik more than times than lost, no auguement about that so Lin Dan is a better player than Taufik in the year 2006. I keep on hearing Lin Dan have yet to win big titles, if I am not mistaken Lin Dan has won World Championship and All England except the Olympic 2004, nothing to do in 2006. Please, in 2006, Lin Dan is the "Man of the year".
    Each player has his prime and Taufik is not at his prime now so he won less titles and less consistent than Lin Dan. why is it so hard to swollow? Taufik is most probably the greatest player in modern era. So my vote :
    Greatest player overall : Taufik Hidayat
    Best player in 2006 : Lin Dan
    Now everyone is happy, I hope

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saugusli
    He never join the world and olympic... At the time the olimpic don't have man.... Olimpic start in 1990 for trial....

    He only 1 year joined Indonesian National Player... because he got Sick (Hepatitis B) after that. So after he beat Yang Yang at Final tournament Open (2nd time), he got sick and stop play badminton...

    He got sick because he never maintenance his stamina....

    You not aware because you are different... because you still new about badminton....i think...so you don't know him..

    Better If you meet Yang Yang you ask about Hendri Saputra from Indonesia.. Yang Yang should know hendri because he lost 2 times from him....

    A lots peoples at this Badminton Forum still new and don't know the old player...the old legend player...

    Also you can go to Tangkas Badminton Club... You can see over there the legend badminton players from that club... Hendri saputra name is there. you can see also the record (He won alots of titles) over there.

    Last time Hendri Saputra coach by Fang Kai Hsiang at Tangkas.. after he stop player and not join Indonesian National Player anymore (Because Sick) and after recovery.. He coach at Tangkas... He help Fang Kai Hsiang to coach the talent players....

    Hendri at time Fang Kai Hsiang asisstent coach. So now Hendri the Senior Single Player coach...
    I have seen almost all the top badminton players from the 1958s to the present. I have never seen Hendri Saputra play. There are also many other promising players that never made it big, so Hendri is not the only one down with luck.

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Post of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Han
    Player is allowed to express their feeling especially if he/she truely believe that, so if Lin Dan think he's better then so be it! I am sure Lee Chong Wei also think he is the best in the world and most probably most of the Malaysian fan would agree, including me Really no big deal!
    Lin Dan won more titles in 2006 than Tuafik and have beaten Tuafik more than times than lost, no auguement about that so Lin Dan is a better player than Taufik in the year 2006. I keep on hearing Lin Dan have yet to win big titles, if I am not mistaken Lin Dan has won World Championship and All England except the Olympic 2004, nothing to do in 2006. Please, in 2006, Lin Dan is the "Man of the year".
    Each player has his prime and Taufik is not at his prime now so he won less titles and less consistent than Lin Dan. why is it so hard to swollow? Taufik is most probably the greatest player in modern era. So my vote :
    Greatest player overall : Taufik Hidayat
    Best player in 2006 : Lin Dan
    Now everyone is happy, I hope
    I love this. This gets my vote for the most diplomatic (and possibly accurate) post of 2006. Han, you should have been a career diplomat or have you been one? Any prize forthcoming, moderators?

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saugusli
    Yes. i think you are right..

    LD has been most consistent because he joined alots tournaments and so alfter he got rangking no.1, easy to him to going to final for every tournament...because he always the seeded no.1. Only after 3nd round he meet strong player.

    LCW also seeded no.2...

    Different with taufik..He must so hard one by one to go to semifinal... 1st already meet strong player. So it is need strong mentality....

    You can see alot of china players help lin dan to go to final easier..

    LCW different also... Hafid and wan chon han can help him fully to go to final....

    Last time indonesia got alots single players and they help together....

    For Example:
    Olimpic 1992: Alan Budikusuma the champion...
    At the time Indonesia got 3 strong players (Ardy Bernadus Wiranata, Hermawan Susanto, and Alan Budikusuma)..

    So Alan seeded don't have strong players... Only the Hermawan Susanto seeded got alots strong players (Zoa Jian Hua, Yang Yang and Ardy)...so Indonesia at the time have strategies to make sure Hermawan Susanto must beat Zoa Jian Hua and Yang Yang or Ardy must beat Zoa Jian Hua and Yang Yang....So the strategy successfully.

    Hermawan Susanto beat both Zoa Jian Hua and Yang Yang and Hermawan meet Ardy in semifinal...

    This strategy now used for china to take alots titles for them players.

    Cheers,
    Saugusli
    stop whining for TH.
    If u don't attend classes or do homework, labs and projects, don't whine that u have to study so hard for the exams. LD is seeded #1 because HE EARNED IT. If taufik don't want to work so hard before getting into the semi final, tell him to win more tournaments just like LD. I hope this concept is easy to understand for you.
    Last edited by cooler; 12-30-2006 at 02:23 AM.

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi... I have also... from 1958... Download from IBF website... so I can see hendri saputra name...

    Your data not up to date man... From PBSI, we also have the all Indonesian players Record...It have hendri saputra...

    I also have the all records who beat who for every tournaments.....

    You still new for badminton man...

    Please check your record since: Fang Kai Hsian won which tournaments??

    And Tang Xinhu won which tournament? And Sumirat Iie... And Hou Jia Chang...

    And also Ang Tjin Siang....

    Tangkas have video: Hendri saputra beat Yang Yang....
    and also Kurniahu beat Wong Shoon Keat...

    So again... You are still new.... I got a lots experiences for badminton man around 30 years.

    So...I ignore your comments...HHaa..

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    I have seen almost all the top badminton players from the 1958s to the present. I have never seen Hendri Saputra play. There are also many other promising players that never made it big, so Hendri is not the only one down with luck.

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Cooler,

    I think you are wrong... can't tell to taufik.. tell to PBSI to send taufik to joining more tournaments because decided by PBSI...

    Also Singapore....SBA decided who can join the tournaments...

    All of you must be cool. Your name Cooler so why you are not cool....HHaaa..

    I think alots peoples at this forum... Only just ask about Lin DAN, Taufik.. Better checking for your personality first before you check other person....

    for example:
    If you ask someone have to displice, good attitude...So that peope must do that first...

    This statement not good: If taufik don't want to work so hard before getting into the semi final, tell him to win more tournaments just like LD... You make Taufik Hidayat fun will be angry...

    I suggest to stop this thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    stop whining for TH.
    If u don't attend classes or do homework, labs and projects, don't whine that u have to study so hard for the exams. LD is seeded #1 because HE EARNED IT. If taufik don't want to work so hard before getting into the semi final, tell him to win more tournaments just like LD. I hope this concept is easy to understand for you.

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So this comment: I am agree.. I am happy..

    Player is allowed to express their feeling especially if he/she truely believe that, so if Lin Dan think he's better then so be it! I am sure Lee Chong Wei also think he is the best in the world and most probably most of the Malaysian fan would agree, including me Really no big deal!
    Lin Dan won more titles in 2006 than Tuafik and have beaten Tuafik more than times than lost, no auguement about that so Lin Dan is a better player than Taufik in the year 2006. I keep on hearing Lin Dan have yet to win big titles, if I am not mistaken Lin Dan has won World Championship and All England except the Olympic 2004, nothing to do in 2006. Please, in 2006, Lin Dan is the "Man of the year".
    Each player has his prime and Taufik is not at his prime now so he won less titles and less consistent than Lin Dan. why is it so hard to swollow? Taufik is most probably the greatest player in modern era. So my vote :
    Greatest player overall : Taufik Hidayat
    Best player in 2006 : Lin Dan
    Now everyone is happy, I hope [/quote]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Taufik Black and Gold shirt, Taufik Hidayat Line.
    By James. in forum Market Place
    Replies: 6
    : 11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
  2. Taufik Out!
    By tofuness in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 59
    : 07-06-2008, 10:58 AM
  3. SuperDan thinks of using smile to thaw intensity with Hidayat
    By cao ci dan in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007
    Replies: 14
    : 01-23-2007, 09:37 AM
  4. Taufik won 15-12; 15-12
    By sjoe in forum Olympics ATHENS 2004
    Replies: 6
    : 08-18-2004, 10:37 AM
  5. Taufik
    By nauknip in forum General Forum
    Replies: 17
    : 06-24-2001, 01:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •