tons of scratches

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Josh, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Josh

Josh Guest

My Black Knight Aero Pro Ti has tons and tons of scrathes on it. Also the head of the racquet is wearing down so the strings have no protection. I am not the kind of person who has a couple racquets and uses different ones on different occasions. I just get one that I like and only one. I am strongly heading for a Carlton! Anyway back to the point, what does everyone else think, should I get a new racquet or is there something I can do to fix it. (I highly doubt there is) but who knows...

2. You could always put some of that protective tape over the strings. It helps a little. The other way to look at it is that the sooner it breaks, the sooner you have an excuse to get the racquet you really want (even if only the strings break, right?).

3. Josh

Josh Guest

You are certainly right about that. It did give me an excuse and soon I'll have a Carlton in my hands!! Thanx for the advice anyway!

4. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    huh why not just change the grommets

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yeah, that is what I'm thinking of as well. Josh, change the gromets, you will save the strings.

6. Snook

Snook Guest

If your racquet has accumulated "tons of scratches" I suggest you immediately throw it away. Then take up another sport.

7. Aaron

Aaron Guest

josh the only reason you have so many scrates is because you hit the ground to much and philip has 10 times less scraches

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    this guy aaron is righ you must hit your raquet alot on the ground and do you play on concret?

9. Josh

Josh Guest

Yes sometimes if I'm playing with Aaron. I know, I know very careless of me isn't it. But I'm getting a new racquet today actually so I won't play on concrete with that. I'll play with my other racquet.