how to improve your skills

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Smichz, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I am thinking about how to make it simple,yet useful way to improve u in any kinds of sport.It isnt about how much u know about the technique..but how good r u in the flow of a sport.First,u gotta love the sport n live with it.Not just sleeping with ur beloved racquet,but really know how to use it.Play it as often as u can.Play once a day isnt enough to be good.U gotta at least play it whenever u got time.So,i think it's ridiculous when ppl said that u cant play too often,afraid if u lose ur "feelings" on it.Yup..there's a fact in it too..but u gotta do mistakes n lose,so that u can learn n win at last.Nobody can ever play at its very best every time..but u can bet on me,that the greatest players must failed much more than the average one.If u observe players in the 70s-90s..they dont know too much about techniques...nobody taught them to do what..but they practices alot n be the trendsetters of techniques.Like Jordan in the basketball games..until today u'll still see some ppl r still imitate his "tongue" style,or the way he flied n dunk..even the great kobe himself.Guess what,he learned it by himself.I'm not saying that imitating is bad.But,be the "trendsetter" will be much greater.Practice,practice,practice,n practice..that's what great athletes do.By practicing alot,u'll find ur lackness..and if u're a winner,u'll change it into ur expertise.And if u're a loser..u'll just keep it the old way.U can never change,thus there will be no improvement.
    Rite here,i have to admit that the role of a good coach is also very important..but doesnt mean if u dont have a coach,then u cant play good.It's all depends on u,how u utilize urself.See ronaldo,ronaldinho or any other great players that comes from some poor societies ..just playin everyday,practice by themselves with some cheap balls..not a nike or adidas..if u know what i mean.But they can be hired by some great clubs in europe.

We,modern communities..tends to believe too much in scientific or stuffs like that.It does help..but just a little,and doesnt help for some ppl that dont understand about that.Some of us believes that he can play better with a great,expensive racquets and great coaching.But in fact,even some ppl who plays everyday with a cheap steel racquets,without having any coached experience can beat him.Believe me..like AND1 tries to challange NBA.I kinda doubt that NBA can "actually" win them.
    Another thing..i saw kids r playing badminton in china,they're good..really good.They're coached by a great coach.But then i saw kids in indo,they're not really got coached,but they're playin kinda fantastic.The footworks,the smashes,the techniques.This is more look like a brazil in badminton world.
    I believe,if indo would pay their players more,not just TH..there'll be lots of famous indo badminton players,like in 70s-90s.Some indochineses,like susi susanti,alan budikusuma,haryanto arby,ardy wiranata,rudy hartono,chandra wijaya and those immigrated players,like tony,mia audina,etc will rises and indo will again be king.There's some serious race issues between the chinese n indos these days,that's why it's era is stopped.It's kinda stupid though..to just let the race issue distracts their bright era.
    But anyway,they all come from a community that is practices alot,not just learning about techniques or scientific facts.They learn to develop,expand themselves better.They practice,and they realize their lackness..then change it,then becomes good at it.Not everyone has talents to do great smashes..but they learn to make their lazy smashes become deadly n put it in the hard to reach point.Some of them may not play a fast game,but deceiving.Some cant play deadly strokes,but makes the opponents lose their tempo.

U see?It's all about u!U're probably the next trendsetters.U're probably the next hot topic that ppl will talk about.U're probably the next star to play for ur country.U're probably the next one to lecture about the greatness of badminton.But,one thing for sure to make that happend,U have to be the one to expands urself.The coach or these badminton-related articles were just supposed to help u.Those only play the small roles.Why?Because it's useless if u cant develop it.How to develop it?Practice for what u saw,heard,read.Use it in ur game.But dont just stop rite there.Expand ur techniques by practising alot.Practice,practice,practice,practice and practice.Practice is hard,tiring,and sometimes boring but practice makes perfect..

Hope it'll be useful for all of u..

2. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

No, practice doesn't make perfect. Practice makes permanent.

If you practice a fundamentally poor technique, then you will simply train yourself to play a bad shot. The brain is just as good at learning bad techniques as good techniques!

The more you practice a bad technique, the harder it will be to learn correct technique later.

The quality of your practice is much more important than the volume. Of course, ideally you would have both quality and volume.

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yup.I agreed with that.No use of training a bad technique..but if u got the knowledge and got trained,what's the use of it if u dont practice it?In this term,practice plays a real important role.Otherwise it'll be useless.U cant expand the techniques that u got.The simplest example if u dont practice often is that u still gotta remember the steps,or the grip,etc..Probably u can remember it and use it on practice session,but sometimes u cant use it in the game.By practice it,it makes u on the flow with it.Just like u said,makes it permanent.And permanent isnt the biggest goal.U gotta expand it.Till u can play with ur own expanded techniques way and keeps growing.That's why i said practice makes perfect.Of course,it should be going with the rite techniques.

#3 Smichz, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2006