Mp 99 and Mp100.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Simone_olivelli, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Simone_olivelli

Simone_olivelli Regular Member

Hi I need to know the difference between Mp99 an 100.
    My friend said to me that, in the past, he had one Mp99 and one Mp100 and he prefered Mp 100 because it is more powerful, more stable, better attack than Mp 99.
    He prefered 99 only in double because it is better in defensive lift and smash return.

Now i red some topics and seems that a lot of people think differently:
    In their opinion Mp99 is more stable, more allrounded player than 100. 100 is better only in smash.

What are your opinion?

N.B I think to be an allrounded player, because i don't have strong smash. For this i think that i need a racket that can help me in power.

2. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Hello, I tried both these rackets last night and here's what I think. MP100 felt a little more stiff and had more power with maybe slightly less control initially (you learn rackets though). MP99 was slightly less stiff, slightly less power but more control a good alround yellow racket. Maybe the MP99 would be better for doubles and the MP100 for singles. They are both excellent!! If you don't already have the power to smash with such a stiff racket I'd get the MP88 as you'll probably get a harder smash with that. A stiff racket will only give you more power if you can make the shaft flex and if you can't then you'll stuff up your arm and achieve less power. The MP88 is medium flex and you should be able to get some racket flex with it delivering more power for you with no injuries. It is also a good defence racket (Peter Gade used to use it). As your arms get stronger either get a stiffer racket or tighten up the strings. That's my point of view!!

Tim H

3. yoyomonkey

yoyomonkey Regular Member

i have both mp100 and mp99. mp99's head is lighter and it very good for double and control. But i still like my mp100 better, after i got used to it control is the same. I use mp100 for both double and single games.

4. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

all-around player = all-round racket = MP99 :D

5. Virter

Virter Regular Member

Engineering
    Maximum tension for mp99 and mp100...?

6. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

recommended tension on both is 22lbs, thats both 2U and 3U. but in reality mp rackets can handle much higher tensions safely. i asked a guy who sells rackets locally and hes on BC, and you can string to 25lbs without problems.

heck you can probably go higher than 25 without worrying.

7. Virter

Virter Regular Member

Engineering
    Oh i see... I heard from a stringer here, he told me some of the player even string it at 30lbs... is that true...?

8. JianKaiSG

JianKaiSG Regular Member

Student
    i strung my mp99 at 26lbs and broke at first game ...

9. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    Racket clashes?? or hit the floor hard while saving some shots?? :( When rackets break..its always heart-wrenching pain. Luckily..my 3U mp99 had been in over-use for almost 2yrs @25lbs and its still goin strong. :D