Arm and elbow pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by dave123, Dec 27, 2006.

1. dave123

dave123 New Member

I have had an elbow and arm injury for over a month caused by playing badminton. The pain is not stopping me doing everyday duties but makes lifting heavy items with one hand painful and also generally discomforting during the day. Not sure playing 2 x 2 hours badminton sessions a week is too much. I am a vegetarian and would like to know what dietary changes might help as well as best action to take on the treatment side.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Rasik:confused:

2. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

To start off, you should seek medical advice from a doctor, better yet one trained in sports medicine.

So the following is not medical advice but personal opinion. I'm a vegetarian over a decade and played 4x2.5 hrs/week one year ago, so as long as your diet is balanced that shouldn't cause your problem. BTW, are you physically fit compared to your age group? If not, you should consider including other work-outs depending on your particular weakness, such as muscle strength, flexibility, endurance, etc. which will in turn improve your game in different ways.

I did suffer from elbow and arm pain for a while 18 months ago when I switched racket and increased string tension (prompted by discussion on BC) to 24lb. As a result, I reduced playing time, and started doing push-up to strengthen my arm muscle, and paid attention to my swing. I now play regularly at 27lb w/o any problem.

YMMV

3. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    once again, people have come to BC/BF for injury advice....... what i can say is we aren't doctors, we don't have a detailed injury history of you, so would you really trust us? eg you have a cold, i can say eat dog crap and it'll feel all better, but do i really know how to treat your cold? it could be something more serious. BUT back to the subject you should see a doctor because we aren't.