specific colour badminton shoe

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by chrishin, Dec 28, 2006.

1. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

Before the winter break is over, i'm looking into a new shoe. My school is private school and says that i have to wear a dress shoe or any black shoe. So i'm considering getting hybrid shoe for badminton and school shoe.

Is there any badminton shoe or shoe usuable for badminton that comes in nealy solid black, or close to being all black

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Yonex SHB68 is black/grey mix, with a bit blue stripes. :rolleyes: However, I doubt the badminton show will go well with any dress. Plus, you dont want to use the badminton shoes as the walking shoes, as the gum sole will be wear out very fast on non-gym floor.

3. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

4. musky hunter

musky hunter Regular Member

hm...those aren't badminton shoes.

all the new badminton shoes have gum soles for indoor court use.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The sole seems NOT very promising to support intensive badminton trainings. If you just play in recreationally, it might be fine. If you attend training or play competitively, it does not provide enough support or grip to me. Therefore, higher chance to get injuries.

If you really can't find the black badminton shoes, wear ur normal dress shoes. Store a pair of badminton shoes in your locker, and use it only when you are in badminton sessions. :rolleyes:

6. roller

roller Regular Member

7. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

the Mizuno black one is very nice but i think i'll be pushing my principal and teachers a bit to the limit because of all the white. :crying:

anyways.. today i went out and bought this:

http://www.newbalancetoronto.ca/detail.asp?style=MX716BK

In canada, it's in cross training section, but in US they consider this shoe for Lacross.... Ganna try it tomorrow or on sunday and see what happens ;)

Then it's much better then my previous Nike one which was for running

8. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Those are badminton shoes...TRUST ME I used nike shox shoes for badminton. My feet are always in pain after an intense game. Even though I don't have badminton shoes yet..I highly recommend them!!! Cheers! :D :cool:

9. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

azn, which shoes are you refering to?The Mizuno ones or the ones i bought?

I was just running around the hard wood floor at my house and my already twisted ankle is fine.

Also Lazy Buddy i will be playing quite competitively because i'm mixed double for Sr team this year :)

10. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    argggg..Umm if you bought badminton shoes your fine..If you bought those cross training/volleyball etc. then your in trouble

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1st, I feel the outsole does not offer enough gripping. 2nd, not sure if the outsole is "non marking" or not. Now, I am a bit worried, as you say you play fairly competitively... Be extra careful, and if you feel something wrong, switch to the proper footwear. :cool:

12. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

THe shoe is non-marking so that problem is fine. We'll see about the grip within few hours... Going to play after lunch today :)

13. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

Yes.. i played with my new shoe at dusty YMCA floor. It's a hard wood floor and with combination of dust it's deadly for my shoe... The Nike one performs better in this conditon. So came back to my condo and ran around the gym which has type of rubber floor which provided decent grip....

my school gym has type of rubber floor so i should be fine there but other schools.... i have no idea so might as well carry two shoes :crying:

Only good thing about the shoe i tried was that it had very nice feet support so my feet and ankle was fine also :cool:
    Unless my teacher/coach says something about the shoe i might stay with it:eek: