India - Price checklist for racquets

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by paroxysmal, Dec 31, 2006.

1. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Thought this thread could be useful for those who want to buy racquets in India.

Though prices may vary in different cities, it can give an approximate idea of the price of a desired racquet.

I brought Yonex - Carbonex 21 SPECIAL for Rs 2000. Racquet cover (full) was complimentary.

There are many shops in mumbai around Metro Cinema (Adlabs) where you can get quite decent deals.

#1 paroxysmal, Dec 31, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  2. chikkubhai

chikkubhai Regular Member

I remember purchasing racquets from one of the best stores in Hyderabad.. However a couple of other accessories such as shoes with actual Yonex labels were fake, in the sense that I had no problem using the raquets mp 88, mp 99 for the last 4 years however the shoes were torn off like they were made of some plastic leather rather than a good durable leather...
    After coming to US, I realized the difference in quality of the same racquets, What I dont understand is that the same infamous shops sell both original and fake stuff and people continue to buy from them in India..
    Anyways instead of getting sidetracked, my suggestion was to have someone whom you know in the shop or someone who is well known in the shop have you buy anything like a Yonex Racquet. You even get discounts that way... Im in for a nanospeed soon from original Yonex company in USA soon.