Recommendation on Mp series

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jas1121, Dec 31, 2006.

1. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    I have using a Mp-99 clone for a long time now. I am a speed and power player, which means i basically set-up then smash throughout the game.I play both singles and doubles equally. I am very active in tournaments so i gotta get 2 of the same racket. I am currently looking at the MP series and also the new ti-10 which i tried, but found it to be too expensive.

I recently tried the Mp23 power from a friend,lack abit of power for me, i just wanna noe if there is a more powerful racket, which mp series would you guys recommend , not too head-heavy types except the Mp-99 and mp-100 as they are too expensive to get several rackets.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Maybe MP88, but I doubt it could be much cheaper than MP99 or 100. If budget is a big concern, I think you might have better chance in the non-Yonex, such as Kason, SOTX, etc. One pop into my mind might be SOTX Woven 8.

3. 2high4u

2high4u Regular Member

For me the mp-99 is the best on mp series... Perfect for double an single... but mp-88 is more for defensive player double b/c of the weight... But i sugest you armortec series!!!! ( sry if my english sucks lol )

4. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

i don't really think it worth the price to get the lower end of Muscle power series.Over here in singapore,you can get a better racket with the price you are paying for Mp33 ,23 ..etc

If you are limited in budget,you can try pro-ace/apacs,which is rather cheap in malaysia.

5. christoffer

christoffer Regular Member

Trainer
    http://www.fz-forza.dk/Default.aspx?AreaID=8

6. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
  7. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    thanks, But again, theres little SOTX rackets at my place, almost none. But we do have kason, except for the high end models like TSF300A. I will check the price of the mp88, based on the yonex site, its flex seem to be medium, are all lower range Mp series either flexible or medium flex? Now seems to me that, only mp99 and mp100 is the extra stiff ones.

8. TLCal

TLCal Regular Member

hmm.. since you're in Malaysia, why not consider the YangYang rackets, their muscle power series rackets are very powerful as well!!

9. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

In some Singapore tournaments,it seems that a lot of the Malaysian players who come down to play seem to be sponsored by Proace... I wonder which Proace racquets are popular among Proace sponsored players...

10. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    storkbill : i think the players you saw were malaysia youth players from our sports school. i think they are sponsored by pro ace if i am not mistaken.

Thanks for your replies, i decided to get the Mp30 aka Mp630 for the asian market or the Mp28.

11. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    oh yea, i would like a confirmation about the mp630 is exactly the same as the mp30?