what's doubles strategies?

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by kevinwzy, Dec 31, 2006.

1. kevinwzy

kevinwzy Regular Member

student
    im a high school student, and im playing mens doubles, i can play doubles pretty well..but i know i dont have a perfect strategies..could you help me on that? thank you all and happy new year.
    please help me..

MSN: badmintonboy2005@hotmail.com

2. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Doubles strategy!

Hi Kevinwzy!

How to play mensdoubles?

Well, that is a difficult question to answer shortly, but I´ll give it a try. First, you need to find out what kind of player you are and equally as important what kind of player is your partner. You have to have a feeling for that as you play as a pair. Find out if you´re good at the net, at the back or if you are more of an allround player.

Then try to make a strategy where you can capitalize on your talents. If you´re the netplayer you should seek the net more often than your partner and visa versa. If you like to play a fast game then do more drives and so on.

Then you have to hav alternatives to your plan A if you meet players that outmatch your game. You need to be able to change to more than one system. Otherwise, you will be too easy to play against after against after a couple of meetings with intelligent opponents.

IOf course, I haven´t seen you play so this is my best advice. Know your partner and know your enemy. Then you can make a gameplan that answers that.

This is how I do on the international tour, but it will work on any level of play as your partner and your opponents have both good and bad sides which you can try to work out to your advantage.

Hope this can motivate you to develop your game.

Kind Regards

Jonas

3. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    Hi.. Jonas...

Erm... How do you actually train??