Whats the difference between a counterfeit and genuine racket??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jinky, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Jinky

Jinky Regular Member

If you compare a counnterfeit and genuine racket for example Armortec 700, whats the differences?? I mean not the physical differences such as serial number, yonex logo and so on.

What about the technology? Does the counterfeit racket have the same technology as the genuine one??

2. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    Obviously not, its just a normal racket with nice cosmetics on it. Better off getting a fleet or something.

3. Jinky

Jinky Regular Member

ahh...I see. Its just the cosmetics. So its just some ordinary racket and don't have any special technology inside?

4. gabxzz

gabxzz Regular Member

student
    its not a normal racquet.. most suck no tech at all.. not even Hi Modules Graphite.. do not buy.. detrimental to your personal wellbeing and society :D get a real one..Proace has great racquets

5. Jinky

Jinky Regular Member

Haha...Okay..

But how do you know that the counterfeit one does not have the technology?? Can you tell the difference by holding it? Well, it looks the same I guess...

6. modious

modious Regular Member

Counterfeits do not play / feel the same as the originals. You have to try to know the difference.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1st, counterfeit is illegal, whether to manufacture or re-sale.

2nd, the sole purpose for counterfeit is to "rip off" customers, and try to minimize cost in order to boost up profit. Therefore, they will select the worst end product as possible, re-paint it, re-package it, then sell it to the market. Just put this way, if I can use a $10 racket to counterfeit a $200 real one, why should I bother to use a $50 racket to do the same, and gain less profit.

Therefore, a large percentage of fake rackets (mostly fake yonex) are horrible in quality (some posts indicated a fake broke after just hours of playing). A small percentage might be useable, but are totally different than the original one.

8. musky hunter

musky hunter Regular Member

if you wanna save some $ get Victor, kimoni, or Kason.

9. jerby

jerby Regular Member

practically anything but yonex...:eek:
    Victor, Kimoni, Kason, Sotx, babolat, carlton, ashaway, winex, tronex, the list is endless:p

10. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

From direct experience, and observations of others, counterfeits appear to have superior power technology. But counterfeit makers are not confident of their technologies. So the precise technologies used by them are not revealed.

As a rule, counterfeits have inferior colour fidelity and graphic design technologies.

#10 CoolDoo6, Jan 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Errrrrrr...

I do agree that there are some quality difference between "different" counterfeits. Some are horrible, while some are playable to a certain degree. However, claim counterfeit has "superior but not confident" technology in general, can only draw some laugh. :eek: I've seen horrible fakes like a poor made medal head "MP99", I wonder it can even be in any class as any well made low line all graphite racket.

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Some of the counterfeits are quite funny. I have seen some rackets where the racket is made out of aluminium even thou it had a copy of the comsmetics like NS7K, AT700 etc...

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Yeah.

Some are "well made" - all grahpite, very similar cosmetics as the real thing, sometimes, even similar weight / balance. However, usually lighter and more flex.

Some are very "poorly made" - aluminium head, totally wrong color, wrong length, wrong head shape, etc, and only carry the "name".

Some are just very "creative" - nothing as same as the real one, and even the model name or #s are totally made up. Remember the "Namixilie"? :p

Overall, their quality and playability are in general poor or horrible. Yes, you might pay less at the first, but whatever you paid, might be a total loss.

14. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Counterfeit rackets mainly exist for the market of players who would like a flashy flagship Yonex model, but dont like the price.

In terms of racket performance, such players would be much better off with a cheaper Yonex or another genuine brand.

But that wouldnt have the same show-boating appeal :rolleyes:

(I know, I missed the apostrophes. Firefox is really irritating me with its Quick find feature, which makes typing into text boxes hard.)

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It's time to use IE Gollum! j/k!

16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

same here, seen some terribly head-heavy fakes. so bad colour-scheme's..some terribyl flexy ones...

come to think of it, maybe "he" means with "superior power" it's flexible enough for him to whip it...but that's speculating...

17. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Actually, I have been resorting to IE sometimes because of this incredibly annoying Firefox "feature".

Maybe a fresh install will fix it.

18. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Probably a good idea.

It's also possibly compatability with other browers depending on how the webpage page is written.

19. midknightblue

midknightblue Regular Member

High School Student
    maybe that's why my smashes feel so weak..

<--fake nanospeed 8000 off ebay w/ bg68ti

20. lorus_blue

lorus_blue Regular Member

i have 2 fake yonex rackets 1 is 2 yrs. old and the other is 7 months old and they both looked, feel, weigth and play like a real yonex racket! lucky me eh?!