blackknight pc v80

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by superspud9, Jan 2, 2007.

1. superspud9

superspud9 Regular Member

Hi,
    i just bought a blackknight powerchannel v80 off of ebay and received it today.
    the paint job on it looks kind of bubbly in a few spots
    and the raquet bag it came with just fits it, it feels as if there may be some pressure on the raquet in the bag since its so tight.

i just want to know if this could affect the raquet or its performance, and maybe if the shoddy paint job and tight raquet bag could be a sign of a fake maybe? ( i dont even know if there are BK fakes)
    Thanks

2. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

how much did u pay it for? Bk have tight fitting racquet bags, but it should still be easy to zip it. if it's tight tight then it maybe a fake.

best price for BK racquet is buying those demos. they're as much as 60% off sometimes.

3. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

xzcsa

I found the same thing with my PCV65 racket that I bought recently through a buying club. The racket case was tight for my racket but was not hard to zip up, however the PCV65 is shorter then your racket. If you were sent the exact same case it must be extremely tight length wise. I also found a single bubble on my PCV65's paint job at the top of my T. Unfortunately my racket is awaiting strings and the restart of my badminton club's season so I can't comment the racket quite yet.... though I can wait to whack some birdies with it :)

4. superspud9

Hi,
    yea that makes sense since this racket is longer, it was probably easier for them to just make one size of a racket bag.
    its easy to zip up, just tight and a little hard to put in the case.
    i got it for about 85$.
    they made a new version (v85) so that may be why it was quite cheap and i think it may have been overstock since the guy seemed to have quite a few.
    it had a couple indentions i guess you could call them but they arent big so that should be fine.
    they main thing i was worried about is the bubbling in the paint but if thats usual i guess i dont care really, as long as the racket plays well :D
    thanks for the comments

5. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

Well from what I recall the PCV60/65 are 67cm long whereas the PCV80/85 are 68cm long. The PCV65 and PCV85 are just renumbered for this year, but are no different from the previous PCV60 and PCV80 models. Why companies do this I don't know.

When you refer to indentation Are refering to the colour transitition on either side the T? From what I understand the moulding there is to denote the Vibra Plate tech.... but if they are elsewhere, then I don't believe my racket has any indentations beyond the stylistic moulding that I mentioned.

6. superspud9

the indentions are more like "dimples" i guess.
    they are small by on my elcheapo yonex racket there are none
    i guess there isnt much to worry about but they may explain the good price, it was probably a display model.

thanks treil for your input.
    the only thing that worried me was it being fake with the small imperfections but if they are normal then i am satisfied with this.

7. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

I would probably doubt that it was a fake. Black Knight is a pretty small manufacturer of Badminton Rackets, and is centered in North America. Not an enticing target for fakes. Now Yonex on the other hand.... that is a huge target.

8. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

that's true. plus all BK racquet cover is tight fitting. BK is canadian, I think. I found that all their racquets are even-balance. my friend has the featherlight series, it weights 75 gram. 6U yonex weight maybe...?

9. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

It seems like BK rackets are alot lighter then their Yonex counterparts. My PCV65 is lighter then a 4U Yonex racket at 85 grams. You might even say 7U or 8U for the featherlights.

10. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    I just bought a PC-85V and the bag barely fits but it's due to the 68cm length of the racket. I tried putting my Yonex MP22 in there and it fits quite well without zipping problem although it had much more room left in the ends with my muscle power cover.

I agree on the weight, PC-85V is supposed to be around 3U, but with strings and overgrip included it is just a bit over the 3U mark ~88g and it is incredibly easy to swing compared to other 3U rackets ive tried (even some 4U rackets!!!), however it is not completely head light (even balance at ~290mm for a 680mm long racket).

It is long and but very stiff and has aero head like AT800 DE that could be the explanation behind its crazy manuverability.

11. TonyWdq

TonyWdq Regular Member

Software
    I bought my BK to replace MP99

it had the stiffness and the stability of MP99 just not the heavier weight. I hoped the 68cm length would fill in on the power department so i thought i found the perfect match. However, like i said above, the weight feels too light even when i grip on the very end of the handle.

I just got it but I will be using it for my tournaments from now on so i'll post a detailed review when i a good handle on it since this goodie racket isn't very well known here.