User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer
    Thinking your soo "smart" may actually make it easier for you to get fooled./Twobeer
    Not unless you do research and get connections. That is also why are people at a certain level (ie. degrees, qualifications, experience) compared to others if you put it that way. However, I am not going into detail about that.
    Last edited by Matt; 01-08-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by minty31
    after getting my refund money i purchased a 9000x of ebay again but i am 100% sure it is genuine. uk serial code and laser etched and also has all the labels etc(on the handle it says bg65 award winning string on a sticker).

cost me 85 pounds posted which is pretty good as the cheapest in the uk shops i found was 120 pounds. can't wait until it arrives.

minesh
    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    Hi Minesh,

Sorry to let your air out. How can you be sure the racquet is genuine before you have it in your hand? The seller can send you the picture of the real one while sending you a fake one. Without any additional ebay seller info, I would like to be more careful than trusting. Good luck.

Hi Minesh,

Silentheart is absolutely correct. Please post the pictures when you get it. Given the price and the UK code, there is a high probability that it's fake. Not even SP code NS9000x is that cheap. Maybe if it were TH code it might be possible.

Can you also post a link to the seller's current auctions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I think it is important to point out that the seller who provided minty with the refund never actually says the racket was 100% genuine in his sales pitch.

Check it out

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...pr omot_widget

So i personally think you are very lucky to get your refund because he could have just said,"I never said it was genuine and so i dont have to give you your money back."

The only sentence on his site which implies that it is a genuine racket is
    "This is 100% brand new racket from Yonex Factory in Japan"
    But, even this sentence only tells us that it is new, for the yonex factory; for it could be a factory producing fakes with a huge yonex logo on the outside.

So i think this is actually a "good guy" for giving a refund when technically he didnt false advertise or do anything essentially wrong. LOL dont mistake me for the Ebay seller. I just dont buy things off ebay unless i am 100% certain and try to avoid it in most cases.

PLEASE SHOPPERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot emphasize that enough

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Foo
    I think it is important to point out that the seller who provided minty with the refund never actually says the racket was 100% genuine in his sales pitch.

Check it out

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...pr omot_widget

So i personally think you are very lucky to get your refund because he could have just said,"I never said it was genuine and so i dont have to give you your money back."

The only sentence on his site which implies that it is a genuine racket is
    "This is 100% brand new racket from Yonex Factory in Japan"
    But, even this sentence only tells us that it is new, for the yonex factory; for it could be a factory producing fakes with a huge yonex logo on the outside.
    I don't see the logic here.

1. Business transaction with fake is ILLEGAL to begin with. Details like how you promote it, or whether you even make profit or not, is not to be considered. The fake seller broke the law, period. If he dares to say, "i did not say it's geniune, and I don't give you refund" that will only nail him down badly. It's a crime.

2. Yonex Factory in JP means Yonex authorized prodution line. Yonex is a trade mark, no factory can gain this title simply by putting a sign on the building. It's like, I can't put a MicroSoft sign in front my room, and imply that my house is part of MicroSoft facility, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these are the only pics at the moment from the listing

item number 230072303196

just put the number in the search bar on ebay uk.

minesh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This ebay seller needs to be removed from eBay, its unacceptable that people are buying fakes in England. His location is stated as Hampshire. I'm going to report this to the police. I don't know about laws over in Asia but here this kinda thing is a serious crime!

Interesting how Minesh buys a fake, gets a refund and then decides to leave a positive on eBay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had left the positive fb before i had taken a proper look at the racket. i just assumed it was real and sent good fb. i then asked on here and found out that it was fake. he had also sent me good fb. i decided that showing the ebay seller on here was enough so many people viewing will be deterred away from them.

minesh
    Last edited by minty31; 01-09-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

minty if u want a cheap nanospeed 9000x check out www.sportdiscount.com you can buy one for 110, 50 off.

(i do not work there, ive had good service and products from them.)

Quote Originally Posted by rosso
    This ebay seller needs to be removed from eBay, its unacceptable that people are buying fakes in England. His location is stated as Hampshire. I'm going to report this to the police. I don't know about laws over in Asia but here this kinda thing is a serious crime!

Interesting how Minesh buys a fake, gets a refund and then decides to leave a positive on eBay?
    im pretty sure hampshire is in england.
    Last edited by disturbed baddy; 01-09-2007 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a fake. It doesn't say gunmetal and the word that says elastic ti----the t should be very very near the grommets. Yours isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about your new one, the date code/serial fonts are too big. Could just be the shakiness of the camera though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a genuine one. the laser etching isnt that bold is must have been the camera. it is a uk spec one which was bought from a uk authorised dealer. central sports i think.

minesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by minty31
    it is a genuine one. the laser etching isnt that bold is must have been the camera. it is a uk spec one which was bought from a uk authorised dealer. central sports i think.

minesh
    sorry to say, even this one odesn't look real...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a real one. i have also had it checked buy my badminton coach who is yonex sponsored. It cam with the little card circle saying bg65ti attached to the strings with a little whit plastic clip(like on all genuine ones), the serial numbers are laser etched and legit. Basically it is a uk coded genuine one bought from a uk authorised yonex dealer so it is real.

minesh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minty,

Show us the acutal picture. We want to see it anyways. I find it a bit odd why the strings come already on there because normally high-end rackets do not come with any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all uk yonex rackets come strung. higher end models in bg 65ti.

eg
    http://www.centralsports.co.uk/shop....d&product=5822

minesh

ps i have put a new grip on but will try post pics tommorow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks fine from the site. Ack G3!!!!!! too big!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast