User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Places to play in PA

Hi! My name is Brittnay. I am trying really hard to find people who live in either NJ or PA to play with. I live in Bucks County, PA, very close to Trenton NJ. Please contact me if your interested, also if you know a good place to play

-Brittnay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How far you are from Princeton University? Heard they have a club over there, not sure if open to public or not. I know their gym is very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good idea

Yea that's a good idea. It's not that far by train. I will try to find out if the gym is open to the public or not (even so, I don't know how they would know if I am a student or not. hehe) Thanks

-Brittnay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some links of places to play in PA, for a start..

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    How far you are from Princeton University? Heard they have a club over there, not sure if open to public or not. I know their gym is very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLang
    Yea that's a good idea. It's not that far by train. I will try to find out if the gym is open to the public or not (even so, I don't know how they would know if I am a student or not. hehe) Thanks

-Brittnay
    BLang/Brittnay, i'm not from the area, but as LazyBuddy had suggested(he's a good source of information for locating places to play in the North East), that's a good starting place of play..Or you can dig in thru these other threads:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=26863
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=32739
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=23845

Or if not satisfied, you can search thru these 2 links(they have a good slew of places to play bu not sure if those places are still in service or not):
    http://www.northeastbadminton.net/Where2PlayList.asp
    http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/L...54/links1.html

or do a search under this sub-forum..bunch of threads on NJ's places to play..

If you do find a place to play, bring your friends along..and if they are not familiar with badminton, yet, well, it's a good time for you to introduce the game to them..Good luck & have fun!!
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-03-2007 at 10:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLang

-Brittnay
    Check http://www.princeton.edu/~campusre/c...bcontacts.html for badminton club contact information. For gym access, seems they will request you to swipe your student ID to get in. However, many university facilities are open to public (limited time and program), if you pay the "visitor fee" at the front desk.

Contact them for more detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used to play in princeton university when they had the badminton pass but they cancelled that and they're much stricter now.

to get in, you have to be a student/faculty and you have to swipe your id at the turnstile. there is an option though for the general public to buy the yearly facility pass of $770 (this is for all the facilities in the gym - pool, weight room, squash, basketball, volleyball, pingpong, etc). you can also use in the track and skating rink. if you live near princeton then this is not a bad deal. they sell the pass in june. no pro-rate if you join past june (i.e. if you join now you still have to pay $770 and it will expire in june).

the other way to get in is to be sponsored by a student/faculty/or someone who has the yearly pass. if you're being sponsored, you have to pay $10 each time you come in.

the badminton schedule is wednesdays (7-9), saturdays 1-3, sundays (12-3). for this spring semester wednesdays is still out. so only sat and sun. however, during school breaks you can use the courts if they're available. also, if nobody is waiting on the courts during the scheduled time slots then you can start earlier or stay later.

the princeton gym is a really good place to play (high ceiling) but just too hard to get in. btw, they have 3 courts. if you've been to the NJ open then you know how the place looks like.
    Last edited by shreky; 01-05-2007 at 09:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shreky
    the princeton gym is a really good place to play (high ceiling) but just too hard to get in. btw, they have 3 courts. if you've been to the NJ open then you know how the place looks like.
    They only open 3 courts??? Too bad. In NJ Open, they open 12 courts (of course, most are taped). Hope that's not too crowded, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Thanks!

Thanks so much. I managed to finally get onto usabadminton...I found a public club in Bryn Mawr...little less then an hour away. It only costs $7 from 8-10 on Tuesdays and Thursday..Im probably gonna go next Thursday. So that's perfect.

Also I called Princeton..they told me I had to by a half-year membership for their gym for $400. So...as much as I'd like to have money I can spend like that...I don't haha.

Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, some local high school or colleges might have open gym for badminton (not necessarily to be USAB registered). Just need to look and ask around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to play for Penn State Badminton Club. You could join them every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 7 to 9 pm. I'm not sure for far it is from your place, but last time they got really good players there. Most of them are from Asia.