Half of bg65...half of bg65ti....would this work?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Shuttle_Slicer, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Shuttle_Slicer

Shuttle_Slicer Regular Member

Cardio-Vascular Surgeon
    I have 5m of bg65 and 5m of bg65ti:eek: ....and that is enough to do the mains and cross:rolleyes: ....so i was wondering if i should do it rather than just throwing the last bit of my reel of strings away..haha...(do anything to save a few pennies):D ...but then the problem arises that bg65 loses tension faster than the 65ti's do...so would that cause my racket to deform? :crying: because of the uneven tension that may occur after a few days of play? I wanted to try this with my armortec 800 offensive..so it is 2 piece stringing...which makes it even more perfect and easy for me to do this:cool: ....well if anyone can solve my problem or give any advice on me stringing or not stringing...then it would be much appreciated.:eek:

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

BG65 and BG65ti tension lost is not a big issue. My suggestion is to go with BG65 main with BG65ti cross. Just do it as normal stringing job with 2 pieces method. Don't worry too much unless your AT800 had a big clash before and you are string it >25lb cross. Have fun!

3. Shuttle_Slicer

Shuttle_Slicer Regular Member

Cardio-Vascular Surgeon
    Thanks silentheart....much appreciated.

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Better not.I asked my stringer about that kind of way,n he said,better not to do so,as the tensions will be not even,thus it'll harm ur racquete.In order to save more,please dispose,or just keep it at home.

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

There are people here use hybrid string with great success. IMHO, if you string @ 22X24 lb, after 2 week of good play it might drop down to 19.5X21.8 lb. I can not see any harm.
    Smichz,
    May I ask if your stringer use 1 piece method or 2 pieces method?

6. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    I would do the opposite, BG65-Ti Mains, and BG-65 Cross.
    My rackets are strung at 28/31lbs, hybrid strings Ashway MP for mains and BG-68Ti for cross.
    My strings always breaks on the Mains, so having BG65-Ti would be better. :)