User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: LIN DAN String

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't the Pro players like LD and TH get sponsored by Yonex? If the sponsor only gives them BG65 strings for FREE, I think it's silly for LD to buy other strings to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players of that level do not need to pay for anything dude...if yonex makes underwear i think they will get it as well...

andrew bogut walked in to the city nike store in melbourne....the amount of bags he walked out with... incredible....

Quote Originally Posted by BadFever
    Don't the Pro players like LD and TH get sponsored by Yonex? If the sponsor only gives them BG65 strings for FREE, I think it's silly for LD to buy other strings to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why LD uses bg65-

1) with LD's power + crazy tension, he'll prolly burst thin strings
    2) he simply finds it good for him

TH's tension is probably lower than LD's so he can use the thinner bg66?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DivingBirdie
    why LD uses bg65-

1) with LD's power + crazy tension, he'll prolly burst thin strings
    2) he simply finds it good for him

TH's tension is probably lower than LD's so he can use the thinner bg66?
    nope, LD strings at 30lbs..TH hits 34lbs...
    it's just personal, no conclusion to be drawn...(except that TH obviously can't be bothered by a snapped string)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    nope, LD strings at 30lbs..TH hits 34lbs...
    it's just personal, no conclusion to be drawn...(except that TH obviously can't be bothered by a snapped string)
    TH 31-32lbs
    LD.... i dont know ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glacyus
    I definitely do not agree with this. You can't possibly think a player would try to limit power on purpose through his equipment. The whole reason of developing new racket and string technology is to improve upon the past. A professional is well trained enough to control the extra power, and unleash it when need be.
    sorry, but i gotta point out some professional athletes do this. i know this isnt badminton, but in tennis Rafael Nadal puts a LOT of lead tape at 12 o-clock on his racket, so instead of using the lead tape to help his swing, he uses it to restrict his swing speed because of his strength. if you havnt seen, his muscles are huge :O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to say it, but the truth is the exact opposite of what you stated. Since he is powerful enough to generate fast swing speed with a head-heavy racket, he gets considerably more power with that setup than with an even-balanced racket. Look it up in this forum too: head-heaviness=power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh good thing i still remember where i read that.

take a look:

thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=89469

post stating what i stated:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...4&postcount=32

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confused !!!! ahh lead?? 15g WHATTT?!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azn_123
    I'm confused !!!! ahh lead?? 15g WHATTT?!!
    tennis players use lead tape to enhance their performance. they are thin pieces of lead that they tape onto their tennis racket at different places. 15g is the mass or amount used.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thin strings bite into the shuttle deeper, giving more power and more control than thick strings. TH will never use thick strings-he needs thin strings for his fabulous net play, spinning the shuttle that makes it unplayable. If TH were to use thick strings his net play will be even worse than LD's. Without his net play TH will be very ordinary.
    LD has switched over to TH's type of racquet (AT700). Perhaps he should also switch over to the type of string TH uses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Thin strings bite into the shuttle deeper, giving more power and more control than thick strings. TH will never use thick strings-he needs thin strings for his fabulous net play, spinning the shuttle that makes it unplayable. If TH were to use thick strings his net play will be even worse than LD's. Without his net play TH will be very ordinary.
    LD has switched over to TH's type of racquet (AT700). Perhaps he should also switch over to the type of string TH uses.
    wtf?
    TH will be ordinary without his bg66? did I read that correctly? you're really letting your imigination run free with you...

there's no universal standard for equipment choice..TH chooses this, LD the other..what's the deal?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    wtf?
    TH will be ordinary without his bg66? did I read that correctly? you're really letting your imigination run free with you...

there's no universal standard for equipment choice..TH chooses this, LD the other..what's the deal?
    It's OK Jerry, I'll plead temporary insanity on Eepak's behalf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono
    ask himself, don't ask me why he still use bg-95 and his smash speed decrease,
    if i wonder and u wonder why, that wouldn't solve the puzzle, right?
    it just my opinion that armortec doesnt suit with bg-95, yonex boss in indonesia also told me that....even bg-95 haven't available in indonesia yet
    Sorry, but I like to support my opinions in facts, otherwise we can be decepting ourselfs. You are talking about a top player. In logical terms, you don't think that if he detects his smash power was decreasing, because of nanogy 95, he will not change the string!?

All that is done in badminton is to decrease the effort spent. So, if there is a string that will result in more power with less effort, the palyers should prefer it, independently of his strenght.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we can argue all we want and still, probably nobody would have all the right answers here

if the issue is WHO has the correct analysis or data, then we go directly to LD and TH for proof. else, we are all on the same boat. cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jam@eadg
    we can argue all we want and still, probably nobody would have all the right answers here

if the issue is WHO has the correct analysis or data, then we go directly to LD and TH for proof. else, we are all on the same boat. cheers.
    u r right... n i already ask TH, that's it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gavias
    Sorry, but I like to support my opinions in facts, otherwise we can be decepting ourselfs. You are talking about a top player. In logical terms, you don't think that if he detects his smash power was decreasing, because of nanogy 95, he will not change the string!?

All that is done in badminton is to decrease the effort spent. So, if there is a string that will result in more power with less effort, the palyers should prefer it, independently of his strenght.
    it's absolutely wrong..
    Preference of string based on his playing style, string with most power not always match with every player style, there's much more important than power, it's called technique. Even u have a thunder smash, there is a opportunity that the smash will be returned. TH much rely on his net playing, so he choose bg-66. Basically playing badminton isn't just about power, smash, repulsion, string, etc.... u need to train so hard about technique and playing strategy that suit ur playing style and stamina, then u may choose the equipment that suit ur performance

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast