User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: LIN DAN String

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jam@eadg
    we can argue all we want and still, probably nobody would have all the right answers here

if the issue is WHO has the correct analysis or data, then we go directly to LD and TH for proof. else, we are all on the same boat. cheers.
    Where in what I have said you find the contrary in comparison with what you are saying?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono
    it's absolutely wrong..
    Preference of string based on his playing style, string with most power not always match with every player style, there's much more important than power, it's called technique. Even u have a thunder smash, there is a opportunity that the smash will be returned. TH much rely on his net playing, so he choose bg-66. Basically playing badminton isn't just about power, smash, repulsion, string, etc.... u need to train so hard about technique and playing strategy that suit ur playing style and stamina, then u may choose the equipment that suit ur performance
    Almost every string is compatible with several options in the game. I mean that for instance LD used bg65 and with that string he smash an did also the net. The bg-66 is not especialy good for the net; it can be also used to smash successfully. Obviously that the string choices depend on the personal preferences, but we was talking about which is the best string. If we say that the equipment depends on the personal choices and point, so it is not possible to talk about anything! For instance Dinkalot considers the the best is bg-85. With this string you smash but also do net play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jam@eadg
    we can argue all we want and still, probably nobody would have all the right answers here

if the issue is WHO has the correct analysis or data, then we go directly to LD and TH for proof. else, we are all on the same boat. cheers.

Humm, I see. In that case its not necessary to have any racionality in the analysis. Its only necessary to guess; but in that case probably will be better a sorcerer forum instead a badminton forum

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gavias
    For instance Dinkalot considers the the best is bg-85. With this string you smash but also do net play.
    Nope, not BG85; I give BG80 the edge because for me, it's more powerful and lasts longer. BG85 gets the edge in control/feel, but it's minimal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humm, I see. In that case its not necessary to have any racionality in the analysis. Its only necessary to guess; but in that case probably will be better a sorcerer forum instead a badminton forum
    sorcerer forum??
    in here, we give each analysis based on our experience, not guessing
    and each of us have personal idea, and that idea does'nt always the same between each other, that's why this forum exist to accomodate each of idea from different people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost every string is compatible with several options in the game. I mean that for instance LD used bg65 and with that string he smash an did also the net. The bg-66 is not especialy good for the net; it can be also used to smash successfully. Obviously that the string choices depend on the personal preferences, but we was talking about which is the best string. If we say that the equipment depends on the personal choices and point, so it is not possible to talk about anything! For instance Dinkalot considers the the best is bg-85. With this string you smash but also do net play.
    1. there is no the best string, each string made for different orientation based on playing style
    2. i think dink consider bg-80 as the better string than anything else, might be he loves to smash so often, bg-85 gives u a better control but not last long for holding string tension (that's in my past experience), for power still bg-65ti and bg-80 for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i was speaking to Tracey (hallam) a couple of weeks ago, she said she used the BG65 strings because they had a 'lighter feel' than the others. Also they give grip to the shuttle when slicing, unlike 65ti's that have a titanium coating, as do bg80', this coating doesn't give grip however it makes the string more durable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with silfuyono that what we post here are based on our own PERSONAL experiences. i believe this forum is for us to learn from one another and not to prove somebody is wrong.

2nd, we can call on rationality in cases where all variables in an experiment are the same, except maybe, one. and that, my friend, in this case, is our OWN bodies and minds. case in point? let's assume that the ns9000 is the most advanced racket in the world. it is therefore RATIONAL that all badminton players will benefit using that model. but why is it that some pros are still using MPs and ATs? in the same way, we are all entitled to our own opinions and experiences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leo29
    Well i was speaking to Tracey (hallam) a couple of weeks ago, she said she used the BG65 strings because they had a 'lighter feel' than the others. Also they give grip to the shuttle when slicing, unlike 65ti's that have a titanium coating, as do bg80', this coating doesn't give grip however it makes the string more durable.
    bg80 has no ti coating
    i think most pros aren't techncially astute as we think. Of course, they do know what's good and work for them, and that's fine enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    bg80 has no ti coating
    i think most pros aren't techncially astute as we think. Of course, they do know what's good and work for them, and that's fine enough.
    I was gonna say, when did BG80 come with Ti coating and how come Yonex didn't notify me personally?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    bg80 has no ti coating
    you hit the nail on the head brother!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But BG-88 Ti has a titanium + tree extract coating.

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    I was gonna say, when did BG80 come with Ti coating and how come Yonex didn't notify me personally?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    But BG-88 Ti has a titanium + tree extract coating.
    Like I said, why didn't Yonex notify of these updates/changes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan uses Yonex BG-65 and many other top players. Do you know why?
    Top players have too much power and don't need more. So durability could become a more important factor. Also because BG65 has been around for a long time and it is common and cheap, these players may have gotten very used to the string since their beginner days. Changing to any other string would not give them the right feel.

As a stringer, I like to give people BG65 because they know what it is. Since there's very little chance of the string breaking quickly, there's no risk of unhappy customers. I am sure there are other stringers who would think along the same lines.

Even for good standard ordinary club players, BG65 produces enough power. These same players would hardly ever buy new rackets or try new strings because they needed more power. For some of them, the colour is the only deciding factor for suitability of the string. As far as I am concerned, they can have any colour as long as it is white. If they seriously want something a bit strange, I just give them the neon orange PG65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's simply not available here in North America . The string came out in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Like I said, why didn't Yonex notify of these updates/changes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Deigo Badminton Supply had Yonex BG88 Ti last I checked. It's $14.00 a pack though... I think BG80 is a much deal when you consider price vs. performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono
    sorcerer forum??
    in here, we give each analysis based on our experience, not guessing
    and each of us have personal idea, and that idea does'nt always the same between each other, that's why this forum exist to accomodate each of idea from different people
    My comment has been made in a specific context! What is important to me is that for sure you get my point, right...?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast