User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 117

Thread: LIN DAN String

  1. #86
    Regular Member ryim_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, China
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy87 View Post
    nobody here seems to have an answer
    for strings, its almost impossible for us to see unless someone has actually seen one of LD's rackets. its not like a racket where its quite easy to distinguish

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sabah,malaysia
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    but someone say that lin dan is use AP 70??? is it true???

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sabah,malaysia
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    do you know what the tension LD use now???

  4. #89
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,662
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe Lin dan is using AP 70 which is equal to his fav string BG65 0.70mm string. Tension he used i believe is 30-31

  5. #90
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think just before Lin Dan and the Chinese National team switched to Li Ning he used the BG65 Power for a while during especially the 2009 All England. There could also be a possibility that it was the Li Ning AP 70 prototype but it looked as if it was strung by the official stringing team during the tournament especially that they have also painted on the Yonex stencil on the string bed (which I don't think the Chinese will paint on if it was a Li Ning string, such as with Chen Jin's racquet during the said tournament).

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sabah,malaysia
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have a question??? why all china player slowly change from yonex to li ning??? is it because they don't feel comfortable because they have use yonex for a long time???

  7. #92
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sabah,malaysia
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why all china junior player use kason rather than li ning??? is it because li ning don't want to spent on player who don't give any profit on them???

  8. #93
    Regular Member ziggy87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MAS - PJ
    Posts
    1,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think it's because Li Ning is China's brand..

  9. #94
    Regular Member ryim_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, China
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaifah View Post
    i have a question??? why all china player slowly change from yonex to li ning??? is it because they don't feel comfortable because they have use yonex for a long time???
    it wasn't a slow change...and its because of sponsorship, the players don't really get to choose. however, i would think that the players prefer LN as some of them have their own say in racket specifications.

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sabah,malaysia
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    is it true that all LD equipment is special edition and only made for him especially??? for example LD shoe..i never saw any china player use similar shoe that LD use???

  11. #96
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    he is 'the' one I gues. No one can match his fashion or can afford it. lol.

  12. #97
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For marketing purposes xD, and it's like Lin Dan colours?

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey guys

    Sorry for bringing up such an old topic

    I was searching on BG 65-Power because i recently strung my N90 with BG 65P at 31 X 33 and it felt so soft compared to my normally strung strings which are BG80 @29x31 and BG 66M 28x30 and BG66 @ 28x30.. Should I up the tension for my 65P for a better feel?

    Oh it is strung on an ESpro5 Yonex Machine too, shes really good at stringing rackets thats why ive changed my stringer!

  14. #99
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default BG65 Power

    Quote Originally Posted by CalvinSeak View Post
    I was searching on BG 65-Power because i recently strung my N90 with BG 65P at 31 X 33 and it felt so soft compared to my normally strung strings which are BG80 @29x31 and BG 66M 28x30 and BG66 @ 28x30.. Should I up the tension for my 65P for a better feel?

    Oh it is strung on an ESpro5 Yonex Machine too, shes really good at stringing rackets thats why ive changed my stringer!
    Well technically the other string which you compared to the BG65P are the thinner and stiffer Yonex string models which will of course feel tighter than BG65P at similar tensions. BG65P is actually no more than just the plain old BG65 coated in with a repulsion enhancing material which also increases its durability and elasticity (referring to bluejeff's review).

    By physics theory, the elastic BG65P will feel less tight even though strung at the suggested tension of 2lbs higher when compared to the thin strings you have tried especially on ultimate flex during power hits since the elastic string will stretch more then "hold" the shuttle and repel it back (similar to the bow and arrow effect). The thin strings on the other hand will just repel the shuttle back more instantly. On touch shots like net shots however the difference will be less significant and less obvious since you're not really flexing the string bed.

    In summary if you feel that you still prefer the instantaneous repulsion of the thinner strings then it is not inadvisable to string BG65P at one or two pounds higher than what you're using now. Overall the feel of your touch shots with the BG65P will be more affected than the tightness feel. Otherwise just stick to the thin strings.

    There's a reason why Lin Dan prefers the thicker BG65 and its derivatives while Lee Chong Wei and Taufik Hidayat prefer the thinner BG66 and its derivatives

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    There's a reason why Lin Dan prefers the thicker BG65 and its derivatives while Lee Chong Wei and Taufik Hidayat prefer the thinner BG66 and its derivatives
    Err.. he keeps mishitting like me? Kidding.

    BG65 feels excellent (almost like a different string) at 30lbs and above. I noticed the same quality with BG80 >26lbs.

  16. #101
    Regular Member Sgbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    Err.. he keeps mishitting like me? Kidding.

    BG65 feels excellent (almost like a different string) at 30lbs and above. I noticed the same quality with BG80 >26lbs.
    have you tried bg65ti? I was amazed by it. at 0.70mm, it feels like a thicker version of bg80.

    Always had the impression that bg65ti is a wierd string until i had the opportunity to try. Excellent string.
    Last edited by Sgbad; 06-23-2010 at 11:07 PM.

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    Well technically the other string which you compared to the BG65P are the thinner and stiffer Yonex string models which will of course feel tighter than BG65P at similar tensions. BG65P is actually no more than just the plain old BG65 coated in with a repulsion enhancing material which also increases its durability and elasticity (referring to bluejeff's review).

    By physics theory, the elastic BG65P will feel less tight even though strung at the suggested tension of 2lbs higher when compared to the thin strings you have tried especially on ultimate flex during power hits since the elastic string will stretch more then "hold" the shuttle and repel it back (similar to the bow and arrow effect). The thin strings on the other hand will just repel the shuttle back more instantly. On touch shots like net shots however the difference will be less significant and less obvious since you're not really flexing the string bed.

    In summary if you feel that you still prefer the instantaneous repulsion of the thinner strings then it is not inadvisable to string BG65P at one or two pounds higher than what you're using now. Overall the feel of your touch shots with the BG65P will be more affected than the tightness feel. Otherwise just stick to the thin strings.

    There's a reason why Lin Dan prefers the thicker BG65 and its derivatives while Lee Chong Wei and Taufik Hidayat prefer the thinner BG66 and its derivatives
    Haha an old thread has been brought up!

    I'm just afraid my racket's life span would be greatly reduce due to the high tensions by stringing BG65P

    It felt really weird while smashing but clears are no doubt easier, hopefully I'll get use to thick strings as i break thin strings very often

    What I dislike most is the sounds haha no *ping ping ping on contact during net shots

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. List your playing style, main racket, string & string tension
    By neoanderson777 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 725
    : 10-24-2014, 07:43 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    : 02-07-2012, 09:33 AM
  3. Replies: 30
    : 10-13-2010, 03:02 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    : 07-18-2008, 03:58 AM
  5. soft feel on impact for hard hitters - racquest or string or string tension
    By bz123 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 6
    : 12-07-2007, 05:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •