Korea Badminton Shop

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by bdmntnplayer, Jan 8, 2007.

1. bdmntnplayer

bdmntnplayer Regular Member

Hello, I'm currently in Korea right now and was wondering if there is any badminton shop near Su-won 수원(near Samsung) or Chang-dong 창동. Please help thnx.

2. bdmntnplayer

P.S. Both town is in Seoul.

3. event

event Regular Member

I've never heard of a place called Suwon in Seoul. Suwon is a satellite city about 30 miles south of Seoul but is connected to the Seoul subway system. It is very far from Changdong. From Changdong, your best bet is likely to jump on the #4 subway line and go down to the Dongdaemoon Stadium stop. There are many sports shops there. Many of these have lots of badminton stuff although finding a shop that specializes in racquets is very difficult.

In Suwon, the place to find racquet shops is next to the gyms. There is a small badminton specialty shop in the badminton gym in Manseok Park (near the Hanil Town Home Plus). There is also one across from the badminton gym in Maetan Park not far from Samsung Electromechanics.

If you're going to be here a while, you might want to check out the online shops as well. There is a list of them on the links page of Badminton Times. There isn't a huge price difference. For example, the shop in Manseok Park has the Armortec 800 for 185,000 and the cheapest online shop has it for 175,000.

4. bdmntnplayer

thnx events. didn't know that suwon is a satellite city, thought it was another town since i was looking at the subway map. ill be visiting suwon, so i'll look around the shops today. thank you very much for your help.