User Tag List

Page 508 of 589 FirstFirst ... 8 408 458 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 558 ... LastLast
Results 8,620 to 8,636 of 10013
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post

Interview after medal ceremony. LCW had to take pain killers before each match or most of the matches.
    Yup, his bro also mentioned about that yesterday. Anyway, time to take a good long rest, LCW.
    Was watching at the same places as LCW's bro watching yesterday.. After the match, LCW's bro also cried and was very sad..
    Defeated but still a hero in eyes of Msians

By ISABELLE LAI and WINNIE YEOH
    newsdesk@thestar.com.my

PUCHONG: Olympic gold may have eluded Datuk Lee Chong Wei again but he has been hailed a hero by Malaysians who rallied around their champion.
    Stunned into silence when China's badminton superstar Lin Dan snatched the gold with a 21-19 score in the rubber set, they cheered themselves hoarse when Chong Wei took the podium as the silver medallist at the London 2012 Olympics.
    The scene was a repeat of the Beijing 2008 Olympics when Lin Dan denied Chong Wei the gold medal as he triumphed on home ground.
    Chong Wei's grief as he sank to his knees was palpably felt, especially by his elder brother Joe Lee, who cried when the 79-minute tension-filled match ended.
    Joe, 38, said he was proud of Chong Wei's performance as the latter had worked hard to bring home Malaysia's first Olympic gold.
    For Malaysia and badminton, he has given so much, sacrificed so much. In the eyes of our family, he is always number one. I think he performed beyond our expectations, he said at the Golden Road to London event organised by Sapporo at the Geographer Adventure Restaurant and Bistro here.
    Joe, who bears a close resemblance to his famous sibling, said he spoke to Chong Wei a few days ago about the ankle injury he suffered during the Thomas Cup in May.
    He said Chong Wei told him he still had to take painkillers and had trouble sleeping due to overwhelming pressure.
    I hope when he comes back to Malaysia, he will finally have a chance to rest. He has not had a chance to rest in the past few months, he said, expressing gratitude that their mother Khor Kim Choi was in London to comfort Chong Wei.
    In BUKIT MERTAJAM, Chong Wei's father Lee Ah Chai said his son had made him the proudest father in the world.
    The 59-year-old watched his son bag the silver along with some 50 supporters in his hometown in Berapit here.
    The group, which included Penang MCA secretary Lau Chiek Tuan, watched the showdown at the Taman Serumpun community hall.
    No Malaysian has ever won two silver medals in the Olympics.
    He still makes us proud and I wish to thank all Malaysians for their support, he said.
    Ah Chai's best friend, Paul Ng, 42, had a tough time holding back his tears.
    It was so close and he put up a good fight until the end. It must have been hard for him, he said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was glad to see he can still smile..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some pictures from yesterday...

Painful picture to see...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pictures from the court..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heard the RTM commentator mentioned some makcik fainted or have a heart attack just watching the game live.

It's just like watching soccer penalty kick.

Even Li Yongbo had to stand up a few times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post
    Heard the RTM commentator mentioned some makcik fainted or have a heart attack just watching the game live.

It's just like watching soccer penalty kick.

Even Li Yongbo had to stand up a few times.
    Yup, badminton is such a big sport here in Malaysia.. Really crazy, even some of my friends who don't watch sports or badminton also talking about LCW and badminton the whole week.. my FB was also flooded by LCW's posts and comments and pictures..

Meanwhile, those who still interested with the free nasi kandar... good news for you as the free nasi kandar is ON, despite LCW failed to land the gold medal..

PETALING JAYA: A free meal is still on the menu at Original Penang Kayu Nasi Kandar for Datuk Lee Chong Wei’s success in clinching a silver medal at the London 2012 Olympics badminton tournament.
    Restaurateur Burhan Mohamed said he was still providing the free meal from 7pm to 10pm today at its SS2 outlet here because Chong Wei had made Malaysia proud.
    “He is still our hero. He is still our champion,” said the managing director of the restaurant chain yesterday.
    “There is no shame in getting an Olympic silver. He has done his best. I am going ahead with the free meal for my customers as a mark of respect and admiration for Lee Chong Wei.”
    Customers would be treated to a set meal plus a cordial drink.
    Earlier, the restaurant pledged to give free dinner to patrons at its outlet here if Chong Wei won the gold medal.
    Burhan added that he felt that all Malaysians shared the same sentiment as he did.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My condolence...
    Man in Sarawak dies after Lee loses match

KUCHING: A man died while watching the intense badminton match between national player Datuk Lee Chong Wei and China’s Lin Dan in a coffeeshop in Serian some 60km from here.
    The man, who was eating a bowl of kolok mee, suddenly collapsed in the crowded shop as Lin Dan was celebrating his victory after the hard-fought battle.
    “He was seen cheering during the first set but after Lin Dan won, he collapsed and never regained consciousness.
    “We are still trying to identify him and trace his family.
    “The only information we have is that he was from Taman Angreik,” said Serian police chief DSP Mohd Jamali Umi.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Thank you, Chong Wei!

Chong Wei, I am sorry you didn't win the Gold. But Lin Dan was the better finisher, and I think you know it.

But you have my respect. You are a champion. You are a legend of your time, and of the game.
    You gave pleasure to millions of fans all over the world, and made us all believe miracles are possible, by getting over your injuries, and other problems, (even tolerating dodos around you!) and doing whatever it took to get to the finals.
    Where you met Lin Dan.

I know you enjoyed the game. Maybe not the result, so much.
    But as long as you enjoy playing pro badminton, please don't stop.
    We will enjoy watching you play; but we get more than just great badminton from watching you.
    We derive a belief in the power of the human will. You are a daily inspiration to all of us.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are immense!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Lee Chong Wei said that he needed to work harder. This means that he will be playing until 2013 WC!?
    2014 AG according to NST article. Will post it later after work. Hard to copy & paste from phone.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 08-06-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really really impressed with Dato LCW performance in the 2012 OG Final against World No.1 who possibly the best MS Badminton Player ever, LD. LCW fought with spirit of Gold, his supporters have to be really proud of him. In my humble opinion, the reason of why LCW lost the Gold, is simply LD more fortunate.

All the best for LCW.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    2014 AG according to NST article. Will post it later after work. Hard to copy & paste from phone.
    Let me help...

Not going anywhere
    06 August 2012
    http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general...where-1.121463

Excerpts:

..."I can only thank the nation for the support that I have received for this has played a major part in my success. I may be a silver medallist again but I hope the nation understands that I tried my best. In fact, I didn't expect to make the final for when I came to Bath (for the final phase of training), I was only 50 per cent ready but I worked very hard in Bath and this paid off in the Olympics," said Chong Wei.

..."I didn't go into the final with any pressure as I knew that I had to fight if I wanted to win the gold and I am proud, despite losing, for staying in there till the end."

...but when the shuttle trickled over and Lin Dan won the point, I couldn't help but feel that luck was once again favouring him."

..."I suppose it is my fate that I am in the same era as Lin Dan and I can only express my admiration for him. He has worked very hard to stay where he is and, seeing as I won silver again (laughs), so have I.
    "This is not the end for me though as I will go on for at least two more years. I want to win the Asian Games gold (for the first time) and also defend the Commonwealth Games title in 2014."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up It's the effort that counts

To LCW ... It's the effort that counts; You have played well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is like the romance of three kingdoms where there was Zhou Yu and Zhu Ge Liang, both were great strategists but Zhu Ge Liang was greater. Zhou Yu was always overshadowed by Zhu Ge Liang. Just as LCW is always overshadowed by Lin Dan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
    This is like the romance of three kingdoms where there was Zhou Yu and Zhu Ge Liang, both were great strategists but Zhu Ge Liang was greater. Zhou Yu was always overshadowed by Zhu Ge Liang. Just as LCW is always overshadowed by Lin Dan.
    既生瑜何生亮....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
    great rivalries are always fun to watch. like morten frost x yang yang, lim swie king x han jian, ardy wiranata x zhao jianhua etc.

but none as long as lin dan x lee chong wei.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he can play until 35 if he want to.
    his heart will go on.
    this defeat will strive him on