User Tag List

Page 531 of 591 FirstFirst ... 31 431 481 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 581 ... LastLast
Results 9,011 to 9,027 of 10032
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course he is tired since he has extended his already heavy training hours late into the nights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, LCW is also human being
    Take a long rest LCW!
    You deserve it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee CW didn't complain about BWF per se? Here is his own words, not reported in The Star Online:
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20121213/000105.htm (Just the relevant part below)

李宗伟抱怨世界羽联的做法对运动员很不公平。我觉得世界羽联的赛程太密集了!一年要打那么多比赛,我们很 难保持那么好的状态。但是要想不被罚款的话,还要坚持,这样很容易受伤的。在过去的4届总决赛上,李宗伟 拿到了其中三届的男单冠军,但是,由于目前自己并不处于最佳状态,他坦言最大的目标就是避免在比赛中意外受 伤。林丹已经确定参加2016年里约奥运会,不过,李宗伟表示,自己暂时把计划做到两年之后的仁川亚运会。我 可能跟林丹还不一样,我在马来西亚打球要比他辛苦,因为压力会更大。我现在只是为自己做了一个两年的计划, 先打到亚运会,看看自己的状态,之后再考虑是不是要坚持到里约奥运会。

Lee CW complained that BWF's treatment of the players is very unfair. "I feel the BWF tournament schedule is too crowded! So many tournaments in one year,very hard for us to maintain our condition. But to avoid the fines,still have to carry on,this way very easy to sustain injury." In the previous four finals,LCW gained 3 of the 4 titles,but,because he's not at his best , he frsankly admitted his biggest concern is to avoid injury.

Lin Dan has confirmed he is taking part in Rio OG 2016, but LCW for the time being plans to play for two years until the Incheon Asian Games. " I may be different from Lin Dan, in Malaysia it is tougher for me because the pressure is greater. For now, I've made myself a two-year plan, first play until the Asian Games, then see my condition before considering whether to persevere until Rio Olympics." (End of translation)

Btw, is LCW's injury the right thigh or right ankle? If the former, it's new injury, the latter, old injury - there seems to be a discrepancy in the various reports/articles.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Lee CW didn't complain about BWF per se? Here is his own words, not reported in The Star Online:

李宗伟抱怨世界羽联的做法对运动员很不公平。“我觉得世界羽联的赛程太密集了!一年要打那么多比赛,我们很 难保持那么好的状态。但是要想不被罚款的话,还要坚持,这样很容易受伤的。”在过去的4届总决赛上,李宗伟 拿到了其中三届的男单冠军,但是,由于目前自己并不处于最佳状态,他坦言最大的目标就是避免在比赛中意外受 伤。林丹已经确定参加2016年里约奥运会,不过,李宗伟表示,自己暂时把计划做到两年之后的仁川亚运会。“我 可能跟林丹还不一样,我在马来西亚打球要比他辛苦,因为压力会更大。我现在只是为自己做了一个两年的计划, 先打到亚运会,看看自己的状态,之后再考虑是不是要坚持到里约奥运会。”

Lee CW complained that BWF's treatment of the players is very unfair. "I feel the BWF tournament schedule is too crowded! So many tournaments in one year,very hard for us to maintain our condition. But to avoid the fines,still have to carry on,this way very easy to sustain injury." In the previous four finals,LCW gained 3 of the 4 titles,but,because he's not at his best , he frsankly admitted his biggest concern is to avoid injury.

Lin Dan has confirmed he is taking part in Rio OG 2016, but LCW for the time being plans to play for two years until the Incheon Asian Games. " I may be different from Lin Dan, in Malaysia it is tougher for me because the pressure is greater. For now, I've made myself a two-year plan, first play until the Asian Games, then see my condition before considering whether to persevere until Rio Olympics." (End of translation)

Btw, is LCW's injury the right thigh or right ankle? If the former, it's new injury, the latter, old injury - there seems to be a discrepancy in the various reports/articles.
    thigh... not ankle

http://campus999.blogspot.hk/2012/12/blog-post_13.html

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Lee CW, have a really good rest, go for your honeymoon,enjoy marital bliss; come back fit as a fiddle,happy as a lark !

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so? lcw or whoever complain wont made what lyb said correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is taking away all DPY's credit for winning! its like telling the world that one cant be able to beat him is he's not injured, isnttttttt ittttttt???
    Hope he get well soon and be able give DPY another chance to prove his win

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW didn't like the last shot by DPY that landed on the baseline, which was called in by the linesman.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for Du Pengyu to be able to push the Mighty Lee CW so hard and so close in two successive matches is truly something; he certainly deserves credit for it even though LCW wasn't at his best. In recent times,who else came so near to achieving it and succeeding once apart from Lin Dan and Chen Long,of course.

I almost forgot Shon Wan Ho.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remember once a chess grandmaster said that he never won a match against a 'fit' opponent.
    always excuses after defeats.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

李宗伟抱怨世界羽联的做法对运动员很不公平。“我觉得世界羽联的赛程太密集了!一年要打那么多比赛,我们很 难保持那么好的状态。但是要想不被罚款的话,还要坚持,这样很容易受伤的。”在过去的4届总决赛上,李宗伟 拿到了其中三届的男单冠军,但是,由于目前自己并不处于最佳状态,他坦言最大的目标就是避免在比赛中意外受 伤。林丹已经确定参加2016年里约奥运会,不过,李宗伟表示,自己暂时把计划做到两年之后的仁川亚运会。“我 可能跟林丹还不一样,我在马来西亚打球要比他辛苦,因为压力会更大。我现在只是为自己做了一个两年的计划, 先打到亚运会,看看自己的状态,之后再考虑是不是要坚持到里约奥运会。”

Yeah, according to the interviews in The Star, NST, Berita Harian, Harian Metro, Sinar, Kosmo, LCW didnt complain, the major points are same as in The Star article- I already checked before posting the Star article. The article you read could be different interview by press from China.

According to NST & Harian Metro article(quotes from LCW, Tey SB), it's right thigh, sustained while training for this SS Finals. According to the article you read & some news sources, it's right ankle. I would believe the Msian press in terms of location of injury, they have better contacts with Msian team

Right thigh could be old injury, LCW was injured in thigh and knee before, there was a time when it was all wrapped up, forgot whether right or left, also went for stem cell treatment for that
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 12-13-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Lee CW, have a really good rest, go for your honeymoon,enjoy marital bliss; come back fit as a fiddle,happy as a lark !
    Hahaha, some Msians are commenting in the comments section of Msian press similar to post 9011. That now LCW is married, he has to do extra excercise at night, so more tired.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What you read in the paper may not be the exact words that the person said.

I also find that Chinese have a remarkable tendency to read too much into small remarks and extrapolate considerably. It may have something to do with the culture of Chinese idioms.

E.g. "I played a lot and am mentally tired" can be reported as "LCW complains that the schedule is too hard and BWF is being unfair...." Etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    i remember once a chess grandmaster said that he never won a match against a 'fit' opponent.always excuses after defeats.
    You should advise this grandmaster to go gym and pump his fingers

then when he loses again he can have better excuses - finger fatigue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Hahaha, some Msians are commenting in the comments section of Msian press similar to post 9011. That now LCW is married, he has to do extra excercise at night, so more tired.
    But it is TRUE or else WMC long face afterwards

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    USD5,000 is no small amount after exchange rates & I reckon LCW would have to pay it himself, BAM sure wouldnt unless he cant walk at all
    of course i agree that $ 5,000 won't be a small amount. but sometimes in life, someone need to decide his/her priority. he is lucky that instead of having injury and feeling not ready for the tournament, he can finish his match and then decide to WDN. how if he got another injury while playing yesterday? at that time, $ 5,000 maybe would become very small number in his eyes. but of course that's just my opinion. he deserves to decide for himself.

btw, which one is true? the link i posted before said he got some muscle injury, and then some articles said his old ankle injury comeback, and others said it's thigh?

FAMILY PLANNING ... LCW JR vs LD JR in 20 years time ? I would like to see that !!

and by then, we will see that LIN-LEE kingdom rule the MS world.
    Last edited by bad's fan; 12-13-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    so? lcw or whoever complain wont made what lyb said correct.
    of course not. but made it a bit more reasonable, maybe.

he is taking away all DPY's credit for winning! its like telling the world that one cant be able to beat him is he's not injured, isnttttttt ittttttt???
    Hope he get well soon and be able give DPY another chance to prove his win
    hahaha. 1st time check the result, i was surprised. then read the article that LCW injured and WDN, i thinking like: "oh, DPY win was false alarm".

really need another chance for DPY to prove this all.

LCW didn't like the last shot by DPY that landed on the baseline, which was called in by the linesman.

and what is the relation of this with his loss?