User Tag List

Page 122 of 589 FirstFirst ... 22 72 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 2,058 to 2,074 of 10013
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    LM is still employed by korea. What would korea thinks when LM is working and/or giving tips to lcw who is a competitor against korea as well? u think korea will understand this strange arrangement?
    Frankly as I've said the last time during the WC, this arrangement is unprecedented and I was surprised that Korea sort of agreed to it. Li Mao's duty is to train Korean players to beat the best in the market and LCW happens to be the best, apart from LD, PG and TH. So on which side should LM be? Korea or Msia? And to me it is a slap on Misbun's face to have to give in to LCW's wish to be coached by LM!

And the outcome of LCW's last-minute 'exertions' to become world champion? LM and LCW both lost.

After all the hype and 'invincibility' by his ardent fans the poor datuk, WR#1 LCW who was also seed #1, lost unexpectedly to Sony #6 in the QF! It was Sony who earned the privilege of meeting LD in the SF although he lost in three games over an hour! LD still retained his pedestal as champion of the world.

So what is so great about LM? Maybe Hendrawan who coached Sony and who has achieved much more than LM during his prime as a player, would be a better choice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China Press. LCW to follow LD's way to be selective on participating in International Tourney......will skip Denmark Open and Trengganu Open in Oct 09....and be prepared for French Open....

http://www.chinapress.com.my/content...t=0924ss26.txt

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    China Press. LCW to follow LD's way to be selective on participating in International Tourney......will skip Denmark Open and Trengganu Open in Oct 09....and be prepared for French Open....

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...postcount=2053

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    Regarding the change in ratio, you missed out that LinDan has matured and grown stronger in the same period. He is no longer temperamental, willing to wait out long rallies (see AE'09), and possesses excellent net control. LD's explosiveness is still his main weapon but the arsenal is richer and deeper now. IMHO, Misbun/Rashid both had a much tougher job than LiMao.

Of course, LCW has also grown stronger and matured especially across 2008. Disregarding the last 2 showings, I see a much faster player who is more willing to take risks. Still possess his excellent defense and can pull a surprise or two even against LD. Other than an occassional upset, LD and LCW are way ahead of the rest of the pack.
    I would love to see what will happen next IF Li Mao comes back to Mas to coach LCW again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    I would love to see what will happen next IF Li Mao comes back to Mas to coach LCW again.
    I think that will never happens...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But its possible if BAM change their lame organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure he will skip the prestigeous Terengganu Open this year?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, he will, dato asbullah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not for your id, I'd wonder if you idolise LiMao more than LCW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But its possible if BAM change their lame organization.
    Yup, agree with Jason, not cos of BAM organisation but after his 2 yrs in Msia, Li Mao will never want to come back.
    Since now Hendrawan is around for at least 2 years, might as well as Hendrawan's opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope by skipping 1 or 2 competition will make him better ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a good thing for players like PSH, LCW, BP, NTM to train together. These guys have no real opponent inside their countries. It's a win-win-win-win situation.

LM himself said PSH learned a lot by sparring with LCW.

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Frankly as I've said the last time during the WC, this arrangement is unprecedented and I was surprised that Korea sort of agreed to it. Li Mao's duty is to train Korean players to beat the best in the market and LCW happens to be the best, apart from LD, PG and TH. So on which side should LM be? Korea or Msia? And to me it is a slap on Misbun's face to have to give in to LCW's wish to be coached by LM!

And the outcome of LCW's last-minute 'exertions' to become world champion? LM and LCW both lost.

After all the hype and 'invincibility' by his ardent fans the poor datuk, WR#1 LCW who was also seed #1, lost unexpectedly to Sony #6 in the QF! It was Sony who earned the privilege of meeting LD in the SF although he lost in three games over an hour! LD still retained his pedestal as champion of the world.

So what is so great about LM? Maybe Hendrawan who coached Sony and who has achieved much more than LM during his prime as a player, would be a better choice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally LCW is doing the right thing!

However, being selective will bring extra pressure as you cannot think "OK to lose this one as I have chance to win next week". Can CW deal with this extra pressure? Let's wait and see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haiya, if u go to international tournaments, u will know what's going on behind the scene..
    maybe i'm missing something here. R u saying LM is giving lcw some quickies behind the the scene? i should had known that they were that close

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    maybe i'm missing something here. R u saying LM is giving lcw some quickies behind the the scene? i should had known that they were that close
    if u go to MORE international tournaments, maybe u would able to know the truth. hehehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Yup, agree with Jason, not cos of BAM organisation but after his 2 yrs in Msia, Li Mao will never want to come back.
    Since now Hendrawan is around for at least 2 years, might as well as Hendrawan's opinion.
    yes, either hendrawan or li mao will be ok. LM was unhappy with the BAM organization fyi. that is 1 of the reason he leave for korea too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u go to MORE international tournaments, maybe u would able to know the truth. hehehehe
    if it is behind the scene activity, going to more international tournament wouldn't help me to know more lah

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    lotta ppl underestimate Sony ability, He might not be wr#1 but his skills is definately within range of LCW & LD...