User Tag List

Page 297 of 590 FirstFirst ... 197 247 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 347 397 ... LastLast
Results 5,033 to 5,049 of 10017
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I bought 2 APACS this year when I was in KL. The last time I bought rackets before this year was 1988 for 2 Cab20...Darn YY and LN cannot make a dime from me and still the 3 young kids, with winter club (an expensive exclusive club here) private coaching here still cannot beat this old fart in me, racket makes very little difference. As coach, you know what makes a good player, if a player already has a good racket like NS or Arc, a more expensive racket helps but not that much more.
    There is only one fellow I know uses LN rackets, even then he wears all YY. The rest of my playing friends use YY and 4 uses APAC. There are all good rackets. It still comes down to racket pricex. I was in KL last year and LD's LN rackets is priced at RM900 before discount. Really how many malaysian can afford that. An engineer wage according to someone posted is RM3K per month before tax. Even I find it hard to justify that price for a racket. Also, a LD racket for the masses is different that the real racket that LD uses which is specifically and tailored made to suit left hander LD. And some joker wanna string a racket to 35# like LD.
    Well, the retail price is not a problem for sponsored players, so even if LNs top racket are out of reach for many lower income players, they may still be great tools for the sponsored players, and will of course help to sell the less expensive models of the brand as well.

Just because Ferrari is expensive, and most malaysians cant afford it, doesn't make it less desirable, and lessns the value of the brand :-)

Actually It may be the opposite.. If I am sponsored I would rather have a racket made of the higest quality (and thus possibly the most expensive) materials and manufacturing process, for free, than just a "compromise" racket mainly aimed and designed to suit the mass market recreational players, that I have to use because that is the racket model that will bring in most profitmargin of sales to the sponsor :-)

/Twobeer
    Last edited by twobeer; 01-12-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Well, the retail price is not a problem for sponsored players, so even if LNs top racket are out of reach for many lower income players, they may still be great tools for the sponsored players, and will of course help to sell the less expensive models of the brand as well.

Just because Ferrari is expensive, and most malaysians cant afford it, doesn't make it less desirable, and lessns the value of the brand :-)

Actually It may be the opposite.. If I am sponsored I would rather have a racket made of the higest quality (and thus possibly the most expensive) materials and manufacturing process, for free, than just a "compromise" racket mainly aimed and designed to suit the mass market recreational players, that I have to use because that is the racket model that will bring in most profitmargin of sales to the sponsor :-)

/Twobeer
    I agree with you all the way. Not that I cannot aford to pay, but I find it hard to pay that much each time a new model comes out. I have tried a NS9000 when it first came out, I think that is a great racket so how much does a newer model makes? I have discussed with my friends here, YY rackets at the higher to high end are great rackets, same I assume fir LN even though I have not tried them. If buying lower entry level YY, might as well go for APACS, IMO APAC are better rackets than YY lower to mid level rackets.
    As for me, holding a LD or LCW or TH rackets (all priced RM700 to RM900 each) would not help me improve my level currently, I am barely holding on my own each time I play...not too much longer though before I quit and go fishing, less painful on knee, back and elbows and everywhere else.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99% of badders in Msia wont buy LN & YY top range racquets.

Msia most popular range of prices for racquet is RM100 - 200 & 200-300

anything above 300 is kinda hard to sell

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 99% of badders in Msia won't buy LN & YY top range rackets

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post

Probably most Malaysian players understand that it's their skill that makes them play better Badminton.

It's quite surprising that many BCers think that it's their rackets that do the good shot for them (not the technique involved to perform the shot).

I would say; Give Lee Chong Wei a $5 racket to play against you, and see if you can defeat him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with you.. here in malaysia, the most affordable price is range between RM100 - RM300... anything more than that, it's consider expensive... and sometimes, some people prefer to buy similar but down grade lcw, ld or tf rackets... and they even choose imitation racket... well, maybe the more expensive racket is better than others, but for me, i will only choose a racket that suits me n my game, even if the price is below RM200...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sniped

I am barely holding on my own each time I play...not too much longer though before I quit and go fishing, less painful on knee, back and elbows and everywhere else.
    Sad case. But I thought that's where you get the satisfaction and contentment feeling, as highlighted in red.

Yeah. Agree with you. Not many people can afford those expensive YY and Li Ning racquets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Sad case. But I thought that's where you get the satisfaction and contentment feeling, as highlighted in red.

I agree, ya feel 'good' with the ache and pain the next day...also, good reason to see the young and good looking masseur (the female masseur, not the male)

Yeah. Agree with you. Not many people can afford those expensive YY and Li Ning racquets.
    Even if I can afford, I won't...ridiculous to pay >RM600 for a racket and the model changes every so often. Then again, we need customers to keep paying and buying, keep buying and buying and......otherwise who would pay the sponsors (YY, LN and Victor) to keep hosting the SS....after all, someone has to pay

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I am using a cheap Victor racket and beat many youngsters with expensive Li Ning rackets... LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From thestar online.

Chong Wei happy that BAM want to retain Misbun

KUALA LUMPUR: World number one shuttler Lee Chong Wei is happy to learn that the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) want to retain his coach Misbun Sidek’s services.
    What would be even better for the shuttler is Misbun retracting his quit decision, which he made via e-mail on Dec 31.
    Misbun had quit citing unhappiness over several BAM coaching and training committee’s decisions.
    Chong Wei then threw his support behind his coach, saying he would leave the BAM fold if his coach quit.
    The BAM executive council, led by president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, met for three hours on Wednesday and decided that they wanted Misbun to reconsider his decision to quit as chief coach.
    And this has gone down well with Chong Wei, who feels that he is now ready to shift his focus to defending his title in the Malaysia Open, which will begin on Wednesday at the Putra Stadium.
    “They (BAM) have heard my voice. They have looked into my needs as far as my preparation for the Olympic Games is concerned and they have also decided to put the interests of the nation first,” said Chong Wei.
    “BAM want to meet up with Misbun again.
    “I hope this time they will cooperate with him.
    “It is important that all of us work together.”
    The BAM are expected to strike a deal with Misbun although the national body insisted that they would not make any changes to the coaching and training structure.
    It is not known what kind of compromise will be reached but all efforts will be made to get Misbun to coach Chong Wei as soon as possible so that the shuttler can fully focus on his game – especially in his preparations for the 2012 London Olympic Games.
    “Hopefully, all this will be resolved as quickly as possible,” said the shuttler, who has been top seeded for the Malaysia Open.
    Chong Wei, fresh from winning the Super Series Masters Finals in Taipei on Sunday, admitted that it would be a huge challenge for him to win his sixth Malaysia Open title in the presence of several top guns.
    Those in his half are three-time world champion Lin Dan of China, Chen Long of China and Malaysians Mohd Hafiz Hashim and Wong Choong Hann.
    Chong Wei is expected to meet Lin Dan in the semi-finals.
    “It will not be easy but I’ll give it my best. It is my goal to defend the title,” said Chong Wei.
    Second seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia, South Korean Park Sung-hwan, China’s Bao Chunlai and Chen Jin, Thailand’s Boonsak Ponsana and two other Indonesians – Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Simon Santoso – are in the lower half of the draw.
    Meanwhile, the probable meeting between Chong Wei and Lin Dan in the Malaysia Open next week has seen badminton fans frenziedly snapping up tickets for the semi-final stage onwards.
    Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) finance and marketting manager K. Manoharan confirmed yesterday that 50% of the tickets for the premier seats had been sold out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. The forum is literally flooded with jia you fanatic.
    off topic:
    you sure abt that?..you should compare this LCW thread with those of CHN's players and see which one has more replies..

As for Datuk LCW, congrats on securing a deal to play with KKK & TBH & TH in the CBSL & winning the SSMF for the 3rd yr in a row..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up LCW Is So Loaded Now

Datuk Lee become uncle Manikam (Money Come)
    more endorsement....Name:  faber.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  21.9 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, he use FABER Castell too?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Pen & Stationery, sure everyone got use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

next he might be sign up by a certain fast food chain or group who knows ~~

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Needs it for all those autographs he does...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Eat this fast food, it's good for your Badminton

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    next he might be sign up by a certain fast food chain or group who knows ~~
    Hahaha...... LCW might be expected to say:

"Eat this fast food, it's good for your Badminton"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not chris ?? ~~ maybe he can come up with a more catchy one too ~~ World No.1 only feat on the no.1 chicken wings in town ~~ keke