User Tag List

Page 310 of 666 FirstFirst ... 210 260 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 360 410 ... LastLast
Results 5,254 to 5,270 of 11318
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You all so bad here thought you all want to see the lcw-lcw match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he won his match against Hayom 18-21; 25-23; 22-20. What a thriller

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I am glad that BAM is giving LCW more freedom now.

Well Done BAM !!!
    Does BAM have a choice? If LCW ignores them, what can BAM do? Ban LCW? LCW can have total freedom now! Why didn t he think of that earlier? Ctc, see what happens when the coach is away. Btw, anyone knows whether the 3 ctc powershots have resigned? How can they let LCW go here and go there like that? And no more reports to read?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Well, he won his match against Hayom 18-21; 25-23; 22-20. What a thriller
    The dark horse for LCW in the AE could be SS who has rebounded since the MO.
    He gave a good fight against LD in the KO stretching him to 3 games.
    SS is also now under Li Mao and who knows what can happen; Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka almost beat LCW in the INA League on 24/02/11 ie last night.
    SDK is the other one to watch.
    Li Mao is really a top-notch coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This news post says a lot about LCW's friendship with TH:-

INDONESIA SUPERLIGA – Welcome Chong Wei

By Raphael Sachetat – February 23, 2011

Lee Chong Wei made his arrival in Surabaya on Wednesday to play for his friend Taufik Hidayat’s club of SGS PLN Bandung for the Indonesian Djarum Badminton Super Liga, being held for a week from February 20 to 26. Their club lead the race for the final victory.
    Story and photos: Ira Ratnati, live from Surabaya
    (Surabaya) Not many private clubs in the world can brag about having two of the best ever badminton players in their own stable. Guangzhou Badminton can, as they have hired both Taufik Hidayat and Lee Chong Wei for the China League. But so too can SGS PLN Bandung, a club based in Bandung, as those same two legendary shuttlers have been playing together in the newly held Super Liga for the first time this Wednesday after Chong Wei joined Taufik.
    Chong Wei entered the league competition with ease for his first match against Jaya Raya Jakarta, beating Adi Pratama 21-14 and 21-13.

The appearance of Lee had been awaited by the DBL Arena’s fans. Everyone kept asking when the world number one would play, as league play had been going on for 3 days already – Chong Wei had to play in his own National Grand Prix Finals in Malaysia. On Wednesday, finally, the Malaysian wonder could ravish the local fans even if his match was an easy win because of the clear difference in level. Nevertheless, Chong Wei was all smiles to answer questions from the local press.
    I’ve just arrived in Jakarta this morning but the reason why I’ve come to play here is to give motivation to my team, and secondly to create a better atmosphere here, so I hope in the next super league, we will have more top players,” said the Malaysian.
    Lee was asked by his long time friend Taufik to join his club. I’m not running for money here, I really appreciate Taufik asking me to join, and I think the league will be going well, so this is like a warming up for the China league and the All England,” he added.
    More than 20 foreign athletes, coming from 8 countries, are participating in the league, which is being held from February 20 to 26 and comprises a women’s competition and a men’s competition. SGS PLN Bandung beat Jaya Jakarta 5-0 in the men’s competition.
    Taufik and Chong Wei’s club of SGS Bandung leads the race of the round robin matches with 5 victories in their 5 matches, followed closely with 4 victories by Surabaya, led by Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Hu Yun of Hong Kong.
    Last edited by skchen; 02-24-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lCW would be playing in China league after All England is it ??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that's right...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/2/26/sports/8143571&sec=sports

Nicol, Chong Wei and Azizulhasni lead charge for SAM award

KUALA LUMPUR: Five-time world squash champion Nicol David, world number one shuttler Lee Chong Wei and cycling ace Azizulhasni Awang are the frontrunners for the 2010 PLUS-Sportswriters Association of Malaysia (SAM) award.

The trio are among the five nominees for the prestigious award along with diver Pandalela Rinong and shooter Nur Suryani Taibi. The winner, who will take home RM10,000 and a trophy, will be announced at the Saujana Golf and Country Club on March 6.

Nicol ruled supreme in world squash and stayed unbeaten last year. The Penangite won nine Women’s International Squash Players Association (Wispa) tournament titles and clinched a record equalling fifth world crown. She was also crowned WISPA Player of the Year for the sixth consecutive time.

The other four nominees are also in with a shout for the award, having created records of sorts in Malaysian sports.

Pandelela created history when she won Malaysia’s first-ever diving gold medal at the Commonwealth Games. She defeated several top divers to win the women’s 10m platform gold.

As for Nur Suryani, she delivered a gold and a bronze in the Commonwealth Games. She scored 496.9 points to finish third in the women’s 10m air rifle individual event. She then partnered

Nur Ayuni Halim to win the 10m rifle pairs gold. It was only the second time in the history of the Games that Malaysia struck gold in the shooting event. To cap off a wonderful year, Nur Suryani also won a bronze in the 10m air rifle event to become the first-ever Malaysian female shooter to win a shooting medal in the Asian Games.

Azizulhasni, who won the 2009 100PLUS-SAM award, ended Malaysia’s 40-year gold drought in the Asian Games when he emerged champion in the keirin event. The Terengganu rider was also crowned the overall keirin winner in the World Cup.

Chong Wei, on the other hand, continued his dominance in world badminton, winning 10 out of the 12 Open tournaments he competed in 2010.

Besides retaining the Commonwealth Games team and individual gold medals, Chong Wei also triumphed in eight international tournaments, including six Super Series titles in Hong Kong, South Korea, Malaysia, Switzerland, Indonesia and Japan. He also bagged the GP Gold titles in Malaysia and Macau and was an individual silver medallist in the Asian Games.

Meanwhile, a new award - the Most Promising Athlete – is also up for grabs with the winner taking home RM3,000 and a trophy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/2/26/sports/8143571&sec=sports

Nicol, Chong Wei and Azizulhasni lead charge for SAM award

KUALA LUMPUR: Five-time world squash champion Nicol David, world number one shuttler Lee Chong Wei and cycling ace Azizulhasni Awang are the frontrunners for the 2010 PLUS-Sportswriters Association of Malaysia (SAM) award.

The trio are among the five nominees for the prestigious award along with diver Pandalela Rinong and shooter Nur Suryani Taibi. The winner, who will take home RM10,000 and a trophy, will be announced at the Saujana Golf and Country Club on March 6.

Nicol ruled supreme in world squash and stayed unbeaten last year. The Penangite won nine Womens International Squash Players Association (Wispa) tournament titles and clinched a record equalling fifth world crown. She was also crowned WISPA Player of the Year for the sixth consecutive time.

The other four nominees are also in with a shout for the award, having created records of sorts in Malaysian sports.

Pandelela created history when she won Malaysias first-ever diving gold medal at the Commonwealth Games. She defeated several top divers to win the womens 10m platform gold.

As for Nur Suryani, she delivered a gold and a bronze in the Commonwealth Games. She scored 496.9 points to finish third in the womens 10m air rifle individual event. She then partnered

Nur Ayuni Halim to win the 10m rifle pairs gold. It was only the second time in the history of the Games that Malaysia struck gold in the shooting event. To cap off a wonderful year, Nur Suryani also won a bronze in the 10m air rifle event to become the first-ever Malaysian female shooter to win a shooting medal in the Asian Games.

Azizulhasni, who won the 2009 100PLUS-SAM award, ended Malaysias 40-year gold drought in the Asian Games when he emerged champion in the keirin event. The Terengganu rider was also crowned the overall keirin winner in the World Cup.

Chong Wei, on the other hand, continued his dominance in world badminton, winning 10 out of the 12 Open tournaments he competed in 2010.

Besides retaining the Commonwealth Games team and individual gold medals, Chong Wei also triumphed in eight international tournaments, including six Super Series titles in Hong Kong, South Korea, Malaysia, Switzerland, Indonesia and Japan. He also bagged the GP Gold titles in Malaysia and Macau and was an individual silver medallist in the Asian Games.

Meanwhile, a new award - the Most Promising Athlete is also up for grabs with the winner taking home RM3,000 and a trophy.
    My gut feeling is LCW will not win.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Five-time world squash champion Nicol David will win it

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    Same here. I think five-time world squash champion, Nicol David, will win the 2010 PLUS-Sportswriters Association of Malaysia (SAM) award.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    Me too.

Same here. I think five-time world squash champion, Nicol David, will win the 2010 PLUS-Sportswriters Association of Malaysia (SAM) award.
    Yeah, she is more deserving.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be Azizul Hasni, for winning the 1st AG gold in track cycling, but definitely not LCW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He shd have played in GO to warm up for AE. Its ok to loose.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/0le_df_/Article

Danger for Chong Wei

ALL eyes are on the possible final showdown between Lee Chong Wei and Olympic champion Lin Dan of China in the All England but there will be some early round matches that the Malaysian cannot take for granted.
    National singles assistant coach Tey Siu Bock, who has been guiding Chong Wei in the absence of Misbun Sidek, said the World No 1 has some potentially tough matches in the Premier Super Series event on Mar 8-13, including the second round against Bao Chunlai of China.

Chunlai used to be Chong Wei's whipping boy but the former world junior champion delivered a blow in the 2006 World Championships by eliminating the Malaysian in the last eight and followed up the feat in the 2007 Malaysia Open.

Chunlai will play Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia in the first round but the latter's appearance in the All England is in doubt as he has not recovered from a back injury and didn't play in last week's Indonesian professional league.

They haven't played each other for a while now and although Chunlai is not the force he once was, Siu Bock said he still needs to be treated with respect.

Chong Wei will open his campaign against the hardworking Sho Sasaki of Japan and should he overcome Chunlai, he will play either Simon Santoso of Indonesia or Thailand's Boonsak Ponsana in the last eight.

"Simon has been showing steady progress while Boonsak is experienced. The quarter-final stage is where plenty of upsets take place in the All England and Chong Wei will have to be at his best.

"There is no assurance that Lin Dan will be in the final in Birmingham as he is also playing in the ongoing German Open.

"The last two weeks have been hectic for Chong Wei as he played in the National Grand Prix Finals and also the Indonesian league but he has also been preparing well in between these events. He is in good condition to do well in Birmingham."

Chong Wei's likely semi-final opponent will be either Chen Long of China or Denmark Peter Gade Christensen.

Lin Dan has an easy run to the final as his only tough match is expected to be in the last four where is likely to meet either compatriot Chen Jin or Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked Simon to be the spoiler... he has been playing very well... lost in a closed rubber games to LD in Korea SS...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/7/sports/8204094&sec=sports

Seu Bock relishes task to guide Chong Wei

PETALING JAYA: Tey Seu Bock has always been in the shadows when it comes to coaching.

But now that he has been trusted with a big responsibility to guide world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, the soft-spoken Seu Bock is ready to step up – especially in helping his charge to retain the title at the All-England, which begins on Wednesday in Birmingham.

The 38-year-old Seu Bock has been coaching Chong Wei for more than two months following the resignation of Misbun Sidek on Dec 31.

Misbun has yet to return even though there were positive indications that he would resume duties.

It is unsure when he would make up his mind on his future with the team and when he returns, whether he will continue coaching Chong Wei or some juniors in the national team.

Even Chong Wei, who was once quite uptight about the whole matter, had now resigned to the fact that life has to go on.

Seu Bock, who left with the team on Saturday, said that he was ready to play his part.

“I do not see myself as a replacement for Misbun. For now, Chong Wei needs a coach and Misbun needs a break and I am here to help. Both Chong Wei and I have an obligation to achieve good results for the country and that is our focus,” he said.

Of course, there will be pressure on myself. Misbun is a coach of calibre and has taken care of everything concerning Chong Wei. It is a big challenge for me but I am here to give my best support to him (Chong Wei).”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/ojkpkopem_ew-2/Article

Badminton: Chong Wei to continue training with BAM

BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh has been assured by Lee Chong Wei that the World No 1 is willing to continue training even if Misbun Sidek does not return as national singles coach.

Nadzmi, speaking during the Sportswriters Association of Malaysia (SAM) awards in Subang Jaya yesterday, said he had spoken to Chong Wei and was confident the shuttler would continue to give his best.

"I met with Chong Wei and he is optimistic he can continue performing for the next two years should there be a situation where Misbun doesn't return to BAM," said Nadzmi.

"Chong Wei has stated he has no problem to continue training under the current set-up.

"At the same time, I have also asked Misbun to speak to my officials and I will brief the council on the issue."

Chong Wei has been training under assistant coach Tey Siu Bock in Misbun's absence and the arrangement is likely to continue.

Misbun has not made a decision on his future with BAM and has until the end of this month to do so before the BAM council meets on April 1.