User Tag List

Page 316 of 590 FirstFirst ... 216 266 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 366 416 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,372 of 10017
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Congrats to Datuk LCW for winning the 2nd AE title! By beating his arch rival too
    Did you stay up to watch? I was only following the LiveScores.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday March 14, 2011
    Lee retains All-England title in classy fashion
    By RAJES PAUL
    PETALING JAYA: For the first time, Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei truly felt on top of the world.
    Yesterday, Chong Wei showed who was the real boss on the court when he defeated his nemesis, Lin Dan of China, 21-17, 21-17 in a highly-charged 52-minute final to retain the All-England title.
    It was a priceless win and an ecstatic Chong Wei slumped to his knees in sheer delight before rising to the thunderous applause of the fans at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.
    It was the first time that Chong Wei had beaten Lin Dan to win a major title and the record between the two archrivals now stands at 7-18.
    With the win, too, Chong Wei reaffirmed his status as the world No. 1 and also hung on to the number one standing in the Super Series rankings.
    And Chong Wei also became the first Malaysian to retain the All-England title since Eddy Choong pulled off the feat in 1956 and 1957.
    But more importantly, the win yesterday showed that Chong Wei has the ability to come out of Lin Dan’s shadow and be a real challenger for the Olympic gold in London next year.
    Lin Dan, gunning for a second consecutive Premier Super Series title after nailing the first in South Korea, got off to a smashing start but it was not too long before Chong Wei got into the groove.
    Looking more confident and focused in his approach, Chong Wei piled up the pressure on the three-time world champion, often catching Lin Dan with his clever moves at the net and showing incredible defence to frustrate the Chinese.
    They were tied at 8-8 and at one stage Lin Dan was affected by a bad line call and it allowed Chong Wei to pull away to 17-10.
    But Lin Dan, who was ironically more interested in playing rallies than using his lethal attacking shots, fought back to 17-18. But that was as far as he went as Chong Wei snapped out of the spell to take the first game.
    The second game was even tighter as both tried to outfox each other with their tight net shots and super fast counter attacks until they were tied at 17-17.
    Instead of buckling under pressure like he used to before, a cool and composed Chong Wei romped home to take four points in a row to land himself a third title of the year after victories at the Super Series Masters Finals in Taiwan and Malaysia Open in January.
    National coach Rashid Sidek hailed Chong Wei’s achievement as a big breakthrough.
    “He played a superb game and was able to overcome the psychological barrier against Lin Dan,” he said in a telephone interview.
    “He not only handle the challenge from Lin Dan well but he also executed excellent counter attacks to pressure Lin Dan. That to me is a big improvement.
    “Today, Lin Dan was making most of the mistakes and he was unable to kill some of Chong Wei’s shots. Chong Wei, on the other hand, maintained a consistent pace.
    “Chong Wei has always been criticised for winning the small tournaments. But this time, he defeated Lin Dan for a big one.”

http://www.thestar.com.my/services/p...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    LCW is better off mentally without MS in crawling in his spine. With MS so long he's become an invertebrate.
    for me, i think the fan must not forget what MS had done to develop lcw before... with the presence of rashid sidek at the sideline, im sure he had received some kind of instruction or guideline from ms before the game... tsb just continuing what ms had planned for lcw.. but, both ms n tsb are important for lcw... surely now, malaysia will have more chances to get the 1st gold medal in olympic bravo lcw... keep it up

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Did you stay up to watch? I was only following the LiveScores.
    No lah, RTM 1 did not show it live. I went to zzzzz already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to LCW..Although Im a LD fan I think LCW deserves to win the match. He performed better than the sluggish LD..But what Im happy about is to see LCW being able to relax and not stare very hard at LD when he scores a point like he did in AG10 and KO11
    About which player is better, its just up to their own performance that day head to head record is useless..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    for me, i think the fan must not forget what MS had done to develop lcw before... with the presence of rashid sidek at the sideline, im sure he had received some kind of instruction or guideline from ms before the game... tsb just continuing what ms had planned for lcw.. but, both ms n tsb are important for lcw... surely now, malaysia will have more chances to get the 1st gold medal in olympic bravo lcw... keep it up
    Of course! Guess, I should say there are those who build but can not perfect it and then some one comes in, sees the missing link and connects the chain! Sometimes, one doesn't reap what they sow. But in LCW's case, he certainly reaps what he sows. Just look at the dedication he gave year in and year out!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    You know, I never thought about it in this light. Maybe, maybe not. But I did notice coach Teh continuously encouraging him from the sidelines. That's something new for LCW
    Me too and during the breaks. He gave a lot of inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtan2020 View Post
    Itwas a good match but not great. IMO Korea Open rallies more pulsating and there's more attacking play. Nevertheless, congratulation to LCW. Finally, he's able to take a leaf out of his great adversary's book and dish out some bad medicine. LD must have thought, wait that's what I'm suppose to do. So, for once. LCW plays 'like' LD and LD plays like LCW, (which is always on the back foot). Now the great one taste bitter defeat in a major final. Can't wait for the next match between these two. It's been a privilege man.

Like. Well said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triptens View Post
    Of course! Guess, I should say there are those who build but can not perfect it and then some one comes in, sees the missing link and connects the chain! Sometimes, one doesn't reap what they sow. But in LCW's case, he certainly reaps what he sows. Just look at the dedication he gave year in and year out!
    i agree... beside the coach, the player also need to be comitted to the game... lcw is the most comitted player in bam camp at the moment... no matter how good are the coaches, but if the player himself dont want to be success, then it wont work... im more concern with our back up player now... who can replace lcw? that's the most important thing... luckily with lcw success, malaysian kids now keep on dreaming of becoming the next lcw when playing badminton.. hehehe.. he's a legend to the malaysian future badminton talent...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big congratulations to LCW,
    absolutely well played and thoroughly deserved to win the title
    Phenomenal and clinical performance!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, a very well deserved victory for LCW. He made the fans who cheered for him happy and the whole nation happy. Looks like he's ready big time for this. I can see both players was on top form yesterday. Surely worth to re-watch the match again.
    No misbun sidek= no problem. LCW still has ah teh siu bock to guide him to beat lin dan this time. Noticed Teh was speaking hokkien to LCW yesterday. Perhaps it's more easier to communicate p/s LCW knows hokkien.. hehe.
    21-17, 21-17 was the scoreline yesterday.
    Is it because he found 'DA RACKET' aka voltric 80 to beat Lin dan yesterday? Looks like the new racket is the weapon to beat lin dan yesterday..

Name:  DSC_8091.JPG
Views: 2072
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  DSC_8205.JPG
Views: 1625
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  DSC_8283.JPG
Views: 1149
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  DSC_8372.JPG
Views: 1129
Size:  53.1 KB

Name:  DSC_8375.JPG
Views: 1158
Size:  65.4 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Lin dan is seeing LCW's malaysia logo or phiten product

Name:  DSC_8303.JPG
Views: 13431
Size:  70.7 KB

catch up with u next time,mate
    Name:  DSC_8216.JPG
Views: 1127
Size:  52.9 KB

IM THE CHAMPION!
    Name:  200788_1789311106604_1654388164_1742374_7134284_n.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  66.5 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    C'on LCW... Don't disappoint me... I subscribed the sports channel hoping to catch U live in the AE Final vs Lin Dan.... go go go LCW... BOLEH?
    He didn't disappoint us like our MD did. Yes, he BOLEH yesterday

with coach ah Teh, and rashid.
    Name:  DSC_8200.JPG
Views: 1037
Size:  55.4 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some more victory photos. Unfortunately he decided not to do the 'kampung boy dance' or robot dance yesterday.

Name:  DSC_8181.JPG
Views: 979
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  DSC_8191.JPG
Views: 971
Size:  43.9 KB

Name:  DSC_8195.JPG
Views: 949
Size:  64.1 KB

Views: 934
    BOLEH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Yeah, a very well deserved victory for LCW. He made the fans who cheered for him happy and the whole nation happy. Looks like he's ready big time for this. I can see both players was on top form yesterday. Surely worth to re-watch the match again.
    No misbun sidek= no problem. LCW still has ah teh siu bock to guide him to beat lin dan this time. Noticed Teh was speaking hokkien to LCW yesterday. Perhaps it's more easier to communicate p/s LCW knows hokkien.. hehe.
    21-17, 21-17 was the scoreline yesterday.
    Is it because he found 'DA RACKET' aka voltric 80 to beat Lin dan yesterday? Looks like the new racket is the weapon to beat lin dan yesterday..

Name:  DSC_8091.JPG
Views: 2072
Size:  45.3 KB

Views: 1625

Name:  DSC_8283.JPG
Views: 1149
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  DSC_8372.JPG
Views: 1129
Size:  53.1 KB

Name:  DSC_8375.JPG
Views: 1158
Size:  65.4 KB
    Thanks for the pics George. LCW trully deserve the win & congrats to him. Next target: World Championship 2011.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    ...and end with happiness and joy for LCW & supporters.
    And your wish came true.
    Name:  DSC_7890.JPG
Views: 926
Size:  100.8 KB

Name:  DSC_7887.JPG
Views: 909
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  DSC_8207.JPG
Views: 894
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  DSC_8274.JPG
Views: 891
Size:  47.8 KB

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know how many people will agree with me, but here's an observation of mine.

I watched the match, and something kept pinging on my mind in the background: I have seen this style somewhere, but it is not LCW's style. It was almost like watching Taufik at times. The half-smashes to keep the bird down; cut out opportunities for LD to intercept; the net play; the cross-court smashes. But mostly the subtle changes of pace, taking the pace off the smash... that's what worked and that's what got LD in a twist many times. It sowed seeds of doubt in LD's mind, and contributed to the result.

And where TH was always a half-step slower than LD or LCW in the past 2-3 years, LCW could match LD step for step.

Well done, LCW!! I'm sure your friend is very proud of you!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    1st of all
    congrats to datuk lcw for the victory over lin dan in ae pss 2011 final

some of the rally is even higher quality than the ko pss 2011 final
    both lcw and ld is fast like ko pss 2011 final but the unforce error rate is lower for lcw
    which showing he can cope with the speed better than ko pss 2011 final

finally lcw taste the benifit of playing only one tournament rather than back to back
    this time ld played 10 matches before facing lcw(5th match,ae 2011),but ended in straight set
    just like lcw player 9 matches before facing ld(8th match,ko 2011),this one ended in rubber set
    this mean both player didnt have much different in every aspect and a small factor would be decisive

so far in the recent 4 meeting betwenn this two player
    lcw won 2(japan ss,ae)
    ld won 2(ag final,ko)
    1:1 in ratio
    in a foreseeable future,
    i predict the win lost ratio will be more even than the past(lcw 1:2 lin dan)

looking forward to watch them meet again in next tournament,china badminton league then bac in sichuan,china

both player represented the best skill and ability for left hander and right hander
    if they keep improving,the final between them in og 2012 will be the greatest in human and alien history(assuming they dont know badminton),haha
    Yes, Lee chong wei should be more smart in the future. No need to play in small chilly padi tournament. Focus on the BIG one.
    It works though