User Tag List

Page 317 of 591 FirstFirst ... 217 267 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 367 417 ... LastLast
Results 5,373 to 5,389 of 10032
  1. #5373
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    He didn't disappoint us like our MD did. Yes, he BOLEH yesterday

    with coach ah Teh, and rashid.
    Attachment 93271
    Its now that TSB took MS place for that hug after victory........!! LOL

  2. #5374
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    court
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I don't know how many people will agree with me, but here's an observation of mine.

    I watched the match, and something kept pinging on my mind in the background: I have seen this style somewhere, but it is not LCW's style. It was almost like watching Taufik at times. The half-smashes to keep the bird down; cut out opportunities for LD to intercept; the net play; the cross-court smashes. But mostly the subtle changes of pace, taking the pace off the smash... that's what worked and that's what got LD in a twist many times. It sowed seeds of doubt in LD's mind, and contributed to the result.

    And where TH was always a half-step slower than LD or LCW in the past 2-3 years, LCW could match LD step for step.

    Well done, LCW!! I'm sure your friend is very proud of you!
    LCW did it with more finesse this time you were saying. Whereas, Taufik as great as he is could never seem to regain his physical fitness. LCW is super fit and dedicated therefore he persevered to collect and defend his AE!

  3. #5375
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triptens View Post
    Of course! Guess, I should say there are those who build but can not perfect it and then some one comes in, sees the missing link and connects the chain! Sometimes, one doesn't reap what they sow. But in LCW's case, he certainly reaps what he sows. Just look at the dedication he gave year in and year out!
    YES, Look at this video for example enjoy..


  4. #5376
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    LCW did it with more finesse this time you were saying. Whereas, Taufik as great as he is could never seem to regain his physical fitness. LCW is super fit and dedicated therefore he persevered to collect and defend his AE!
    Yep. Better strategy. More proactive; less reactive.

  5. #5377
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I don't know how many people will agree with me, but here's an observation of mine.

    I watched the match, and something kept pinging on my mind in the background: I have seen this style somewhere, but it is not LCW's style. It was almost like watching Taufik at times. The half-smashes to keep the bird down; cut out opportunities for LD to intercept; the net play; the cross-court smashes. But mostly the subtle changes of pace, taking the pace off the smash... that's what worked and that's what got LD in a twist many times. It sowed seeds of doubt in LD's mind, and contributed to the result.

    And where TH was always a half-step slower than LD or LCW in the past 2-3 years, LCW could match LD step for step.

    Well done, LCW!! I'm sure your friend is very proud of you!
    I've also noticed LCW made a lot of opposite retrieval of LIn dan's smash especially the 2nd set. Lin Dan didn't expect that at all actually.

  6. #5378
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    congrats to LCW...I'm really enjoy the game last nite...

  7. #5379
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've upload this Super series music just for the fun of it! U can hear it with your MP3 when u warm up before your match.
    ENJOY!

    http://www.filesonic.com/file/223440...ries_music.mp3

  8. #5380
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sembawang, Singapore
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Yes, Lee chong wei should be more smart in the future. No need to play in small chilly padi tournament. Focus on the BIG one.
    It works though
    Oh give me a break... Since when LCW started playing small tournament? Or do you call Super Series as chilly padi tournament? How many SS LCW had won in 2010? In 2009? How many major tournament tittles in his bag? His career major titles? LD had 45 of them, the last one being Korean Open Super Series Premier! And now LCW had just added another major title to his bag, and he won the second super series premier, THE ALL ENGLAND super series premier! I am sure you are not that stupid to figure them out!!!

  9. #5381
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amsads View Post
    Oh give me a break... Since when LCW started playing small tournament? Or do you call Super Series as chilly padi tournament? How many SS LCW had won in 2010? In 2009? How many major tournament tittles in his bag? His career major titles? LD had 45 of them, the last one being Korean Open Super Series Premier! And now LCW had just added another major title to his bag, and he won the second super series premier, THE ALL ENGLAND super series premier! I am sure you are not that stupid to figure them out!!!
    Let me ask you. The world championships, All England, Olympic Games, ASian games is Bigger(major) or smaller tournament than those super series title? I'm sure you are not stupid enough to figure them out too. No doubt LCW is a good ambassador for the SS tournaments. I'm just implying that in the future, he should just concentrate more towards the MAJOR title. which he is doing now.

  10. #5382
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and you just know that chen long will be lookiing at this finals video over and over and over .. and say to himself 'i am gonna get him next time' ahahahahah

    Lin Dan will only say been there done that.. he still have 18 (somebody check that) games to catch up with me

  11. #5383
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Let me ask you. The world championships, All England, Olympic Games, ASian games is Bigger(major) or smaller tournament than those super series title? I'm sure you are not stupid enough to figure them out too. No doubt LCW is a good ambassador for the SS tournaments. I'm just implying that in the future, he should just concentrate more towards the MAJOR title. which he is doing now.
    But you said NO NEED TO PLAY in small chilli padi tournament...? Are you sure that SS is considered chilli padi? Or were you referring to the National Grand Prix Finals in Terengganu and the German Open?

  12. #5384
    Regular Member Khai_AS10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kuantan, Pahang D.M, Malaysia
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After the AE, it will not the old LCW anymore.... next target is the OG gold medal title.....!!! LCW is No.1!!!!!

  13. #5385
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    But you said NO NEED TO PLAY in small chilli padi tournament...? Are you sure that SS is considered chilli padi? Or were you referring to the National Grand Prix Finals in Terengganu and the German Open?
    Well, LCW was not even in Germany for the tournament. Yeah, that national grand prix and those grand prix tourney

  14. #5386
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,453
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=george@chongwei;1642113]And your wish came true.
    /QUOTE]

    ...and yours too.
    LCW also looked very confident during the introduction.

  15. #5387
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,736
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow LCW has 3 missions, IMHO

    Regardless of what we think, LCW has 3 missions, IMHO.

    And they are;

    (1) To retain his World No.1 ranking until he retires
    (2) To win as many major tournaments before he retires
    (3) To improve his H2H results against LD before he retires

    The (1) is quite possible to achieve; but for (2) and (3), there won't be much time left for him.

    Let's hope he can improve on (2) and (3); but there is only about 16 months for him to work on it.
    .

  16. #5388
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    But you said NO NEED TO PLAY in small chilli padi tournament...? Are you sure that SS is considered chilli padi? Or were you referring to the National Grand Prix Finals in Terengganu and the German Open?
    Quote Originally Posted by amsads View Post
    Oh give me a break... Since when LCW started playing small tournament? Or do you call Super Series as chilly padi tournament? ..........!
    I think George meant the German GP Gold held the week before AE. LCW signed up for it, later withdrew

  17. #5389
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Its now that TSB took MS place for that hug after victory........!! LOL
    Dont forget to include RS also....

    **but seeing RASHID SIDEK's face sitting beside TSB is something not very good feeling for me. If TV is selling cheap in the market, i would have smashed right to his face using my tea cup.

Similar Threads

  1. Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )
    By cobalt in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 829
    : 09-03-2014, 09:47 PM
  2. Li Na ( 李娜 )
    By 2cents in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 43
    : 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  3. Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )
    By Han in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 302
    : 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
  4. To everyone especially those from China: I am 李宗偉,not 李崇偉!
    By Malaysianfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •