User Tag List

Page 322 of 665 FirstFirst ... 222 272 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 372 422 ... LastLast
Results 5,458 to 5,474 of 11305
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/16/sports/8273124&sec=sports

All-England champ Chong Wei happy with current situation in training programme

SEPANG: Lee Chong Wei wants to hold on to his status as the world No. 1 ranked singles player heading into the London Olympics next year. And he is ready to do it with or without coach Misbun Sidek.

Chong Wei, who returned home early yesterday morning after a successful defence of the All-England title in Birmingham, is coming to terms with the possibility that his long-time coach may not return to take charge of him.

Misbun handed in his resignation letter to the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) at the end of last year and Chong Wei immediately expressed a desire to leave the national team too if his coach was not persuaded to return to the fold.

Despite efforts made by the BAM, including their president, Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Salleh, to coax him to change his mind, Misbun has kept mum on his future undertakings.

But Chong Wei has softened his stance and is now comfortable with training under Tey Seu Bock, who was previously assisting Misbun.

If Misbun comes back, it is certainly good news for me. But if he doesn’t, I’m okay with it,” said Chong Wei, who has held the world No. 1 ranking since the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

“I have no problem. My only concern now is how I manage myself and stay in focus.

I have bigger tournaments like the world championships in August and the Olympics next year to look forward to. I’m fine with the current arrangements. I will continue to give my best shots to bring back good results.”

After receiving a warm welcome home by Nadzmi upon arrival at the KLIA, Chong Wei and the shuttlers later paid a visit to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak’s offical residence at Seri Perdana in Putrajaya.

The visit over a breakfast of nasi lemak and teh tarik saw Chong Wei being presented with a gift of RM100,000 in share bonds by Najib for his triumph at the All-England.

The BAM patron, Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor, who is Najib’s wife, also handed him a watch. She also expressed the hope that Chong Wei will be successful in his mission to bring back an Olympic gold medal for Malaysia.

Chong Wei chalked up a convincing 21-17, 21-17 win over Olympic champion Lin Dan of China in the final last Sunday to retain the All-England title and he said that it was a psychological boost for him.

I lost to him in the South Korea Open final in January but felt that I had narrowed the gap then,” he said.

But after this win, I believe that little separates us. It is our performance on the day that matters now.”

Chong Wei will take a break from competition before going for the India Open Super Series tournament next month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somebody said that he was in china rite now..maybe he got training there..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/42nosidek/Article

Badminton: No Misbun, no problem

LEE Chong Wei's victory in Sunday's All England men's singles final proves that the World No 1 can win major tournaments without the presence of coach Misbun Sidek.

Chong Wei, upon arrival at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) yesterday, declared his readiness to continue training under current coach Tey Seu Bock.

"I don't want to think about matters that could affect my performance. I want to concentrate on my training and also on attaining good results in priority tournaments," said Chong Wei.

"The matter concerning my coach is not my biggest worry right now. It would be good if Misbun returns but I can also train under Seu Bock.

"It boils down to your beliefs. Goals are useless if you write them down without a strong belief that you can achieve them. It is all about determination and personal targets."

On whether Misbun will coach him again, he said the matter is in the hands of the BA of Malaysia (BAM) and the coach.

But Chong Wei admitted that Misbun had contacted him via SMS during the All England.

"We exchanged text messages in Birmingham. Misbun also spoke to Seu Bock on the phone," said Chong Wei, who declined to elaborate. Chong Wei, who has been World No 1 since Sept 2008, has managed to maintain his form, if not improve on it, since Misbun resigned as national coach on Dec 31, last year.

The Penang-born player started the year by winning back-to-back titles at the BWF Super Series Finals and Malaysian Open before a hiccup in the Korea Open where he lost to China's Lin Dan in the final.

However, Chong Wei redeemed himself by notching a convincing win over Lin Dan to retain his All England crown in Birmingham on Sunday.

He is now determined to become the first Malaysian world champion in what could probably be his last appearance in the World Championships in London on Aug 8-14. He stated recently that he would likely quit the sport after next year's London Olympics.

"There is not much time left for me to prepare for the World Championships. I need to keep training hard to achieve my goal in London. My victory over Lin Dan has boosted my confidence, which in turn, I hope will help me achieve my goal in London," he said.

"I think there is not much difference between us in terms of skills. I had narrowed the gap with Lin Dan in the Korea Open but after learning from that defeat, I managed to beat him in Birmingham.

"We are now of about the same standard. I think matches between us will be closer whenever we meet in tournaments. It also means my chances of winning major titles are now brighter."

Chong Wei will either take a break from badminton or compete in the China League for a week before resuming his international campaign starting with the Kuala Lumpur Open on April 7-10 and then the India Open on April 26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lcw is still the best sportsmen in malaysia... hehehe

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...lang_/Article/
    Different from the English press, LCW says "I still need Misbun."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rossifumi6399 View Post
    But Dato' LCW not announced as Malaysian sportsmen last nite..it goes to our cyclist Azizulhasni Awang...
    Azizul won the 1st AG Gold for track cycling, that's why. Dont think the judging panel consider AE in badminton as a biggie. They use WC(every sports has one), multi sports like AG & Commonwealth as measuring pt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...lang_/Article/
    Different from the English press, LCW says "I still need Misbun."
    i believe lcw still need misbun... but he cant say much... i think he tried to avoid from making any controversial statement...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I think...

Amidst the choppy differences in the English news and Malay news, I agree with you that he chose to remain discreet about the whole saga since it's MS personal matter. I also believe MS wants LCW to focus more on his missions and training.

Dunno why the English news put such headlines and exclude the other statement written in the BM news though ... *annoyed*...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, LCW is being diplomatic, not wanting to step on MS's or the BAM's toes.
    But the reality is that LCW has now grown up and can do without MS. There must come a time when a male lion cub must leave his pride and learn to stand on his own two feet. To this LCW has done exceedingly well. To show respect for MS they can be in touch, but MS shouldn't claim any credit for LCW's future exploits, although he can of course continue to send text messages to LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on news last 2 or 3 month : One of the reason MS went out from BAM because he's going to train his own son.

Just thinking, LCW will retire on next year after Olympic games..who knows MS's son will be our next Malaysian badminton champion...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on news last 2 or 3 month : One of the reason MS went out from BAM because he's going to train his own son.

Just thinking, LCW will retire on next year after Olympic games..who knows MS's son will be our next Malaysian badminton champion...
    To be fair we really don't know. If true then obviously MS has chosen his son over LCW. There is simply no contest-one is his flesh and blood with what he sees as capable of many years of a being a superstar in his own image; the other has a shelve life of only one year or perhaps two!
    But he will still keep in touch with LCW and share some reflected glory from LCW's future successes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eRa@에라 View Post

Dunno why the English news put such headlines and exclude the other statement written in the BM news though ... *annoyed*...
    Different angle, you know lah.
    http://www.hmetro.com.my/myMetro/art...cle/index_html
    http://www.kosmo.com.my/kosmo/conten...n&pg=su_05.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is hillarious. One guy in singapore put this in fb.

Why Lee Chong Wei lose to Lin Da.. Last time. Because LCW = Let China Win
    Now why he win?
    Because now he is known as Datuk Lee C.W
    DLCW= Don't Let China Win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

siongaporean famous word for him .. sotong ( squid ) lol..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    This is hillarious. One guy in singapore put this in fb.

Why Lee Chong Wei lose to Lin Da.. Last time. Because LCW = Let China Win
    Now why he win?
    Because now he is known as Datuk Lee C.W
    DLCW= Don't Let China Win.
    LOL.... a really creative guy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    LOL.... a really creative guy...
    How after DLCW win the Olympic gold medal next year...maybe it will change to Datuk Seri Lee C.W or DSLCW...so 'S' will stand for what??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How after DLCW win the Olympic gold medal next year...maybe it will change to Datuk Seri Lee C.W or DSLCW...so 'S' will stand for what??
    Don't "Suka-suka" Let China Wins.... BOLEH...!!!