User Tag List

Page 328 of 583 FirstFirst ... 228 278 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 378 428 ... LastLast
Results 5,560 to 5,576 of 9900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    This is professional badminton, not social recreational badminton and unlike business with risks and rewards, in pro baddy, you gotta be very good to make it big. After all, when a player retires, what they make today in a short career, is what they get. So, why not go all out to win as much $$$ as possible, after all, a cup or a medal does not buy you a cup of teh tarik. It is the $$$ that buy you the bimmer and GTR.
    And if the player doesn't perform, they become a yo-yo joke among fans. And when the player wins, fans kiss their butt all the way, including politician showering them with gifts and title and what-nots, and BC fans adoring/defending them including those banned and present, and some even go to the extent of naming themselves after the player.
    If I am not mistaken, Datuk is the most successful baddy player in MAS history and he is very fortunate to play in MAS with all the MAS govt backing, even to the extent that the PM's wife is a patron of the game. In previous posts I made, I said except for Datuk, TBH/KKK, they are many MAS players who made nothing and when they retire from the game, they face reality of finding a real job.
    Hmm, with so much advantages u know.. why when u were young u are not considering playing for Mas just like our datuk now?
    Or maybe u are not good enough?? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malaysiaboleh View Post
    science lcw get his datoship..no fear to china player anymore...why ? cause b4 tht lcw mean let china win.. now with the datuk mean don't let china win.funny
    just treat this as a joke...but to be exact...he got his datukship after Olympic
    means 2008, so he should Don't Let China Win in World Championship 2009, 2010 and Asian Games 2009...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malaysiaboleh View Post
    science lcw get his datoship..no fear to china player anymore...why ? cause b4 tht lcw mean let china win.. now with the datuk mean don't let china win.funny
    it only a joke anyway
    lindan beat DATUK lcw(who get his datukship in 2008) in china ss 08,ae 09,sc 09,china master 09,thomas cup 10,asian games 10 and korea open 11

chen long beat him in 2009 india gpgold
    Last edited by limsy; 03-23-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Hmm, with so much advantages u know.. why when u were young u are not considering playing for Mas just like our datuk now?
    Err...it is all about timing....when I was once young and good looking like you back in the good old days, these opportunities and advantages do not exist-lah...Tang Aik Huang won the AE and TC, there is nothing close to the $$$ dished out today, for sure, not Datuk lah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Me not good enough, let's see. My old school was bad in badminton, famous for 1st KO and only once, we made it to the 2nd round of the state championship. In our own school championship, we divie up into 5 sections called red, blue, yellow, green and purple 'houses'. Each house has its own team of baddy, ping pong, athletics, etc. In baddy, we had 3 MS, 2 MD and 1 reserve. So, quick math here, there are prolly <30 baddy players playing, some MS double up as MD, you know.
    I could not even make it to the reserve, so you asked me 'u are not good enough?'...I am ashamed to tell you you are correct

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me not good enough, let's see. My old school was bad in badminton, famous for 1st KO and only once, we made it to the 2nd round of the state championship. In our own school championship, we divie up into 5 sections called red, blue, yellow, green and purple 'houses'. Each house has its own team of baddy, ping pong, athletics, etc. In baddy, we had 3 MS, 2 MD and 1 reserve. So, quick math here, there are prolly <30 baddy players playing, some MS double up as MD, you know.
    I could not even make it to the reserve, so you asked me 'u are not good enough?'...I am ashamed to tell you you are correct
    Otb, I suppose you were the smart one in those days

You didnt put everything into baddy,

Instead you went for the books and the girls I supposed

Hopefully, in the next few years with the emerging of super leagues

Things will change just like soccer

There will be more players having lee chong Wei's income ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT.
    I was in the "blue house" and was lucky to have an Aeroplane racket while my classmates were using Yoneyama. My school's badminton courts are also sepak takraw courts and we couldn't find the lines, kept hitting the plastic Carlton shuttle out and the wind did not help either. Can't remember if our blue house ever won anything in badminton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky for you guys to have badminton in schools... It didn't even exist in my schools, leaving me no option but to heavily invested my energy in volleyball instead...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is still the same, there ain't no baddy courts in every school

If there is, it's only one or two, which is still not enough

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Otb, I suppose you were the smart one in those days

You didnt put everything into baddy,

Instead you went for the books and the girls I supposed

Hopefully, in the next few years with the emerging of super leagues

Things will change just like soccer

There will be more players having lee chong Wei's income ...
    Honestly, I am not into books (my scoring is very average in MAS) and the girlie thingie, if I tell u I am, you would say I am bragging so let's leave it out...for now I only went to Form 5, got 2 A and could not get into Form 6 and had to go to Tar College which I did not go, cos I see no hope of going to University. I went to work but at 22 I became a site foreman, and that's it as far as I can go because above me is the engineer. I came from a humble family and no way my parent can pay for me to go to U and in MAS, going to U in the 70's is almost impossible with my grades and politics (I would not discuss this here). I came to Canada, first to polytechnic which I did quite okay, got a job offer after I graduated and 2 years later, I went straight to 2nd year University (I bypassed the first year because of my scoring in polytechnic) and became an engineer today. So, if I can do it, anyone can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True OTB... I was sort of not accepted back to my old school cos my B in science.. but I got my revenge in SPM and am happy with what I've achieved thus far... fails never mean you'll fail forever... you re the one to decide

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Success will never be possible without any failure lessons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like lee chong wei

A month ago in Korea after losing to Lin Dan,

he must have felt bad after losing to him twice in a row

But then he didn't give up,

he trained harder, sweat more and corrected his mistake

And now I think he is on top of the world....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.sinchew-i.com/node/17039?tid=11
    LCW will be participating in a charity drive to collects funds for the Japan earthquake victims. He will donate some of his racket/s, shirts, etc for auction, so, die hard LCW fans....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Just like lee chong wei

A month ago in Korea after losing to Lin Dan,

he must have felt bad after losing to him twice in a row

But then he didn't give up,

he trained harder, sweat more and corrected his mistake

And now I think he is on top of the world....
    Top of the world? I hope this is not something Syiok-Sendiri thingy....

Wait until he win that WC title....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    http://sports.sinchew-i.com/node/17039?tid=11
    LCW will be participating in a charity drive to collects funds for the Japan earthquake victims. He will donate some of his racket/s, shirts, etc for auction, so, die hard LCW fans....
    This is the English version for those who can't read Chinese :

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...613&sec=sports

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/12hie1/Article

Badminton: Chong Wei launches charity drive for Japan

LEE Chong Wei has a heart of gold.

The World No 1 has initiated a fund raising charity project, themed "Hope & Smile" to help victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

Chong Wei hopes to raise RM1 million in the two-day charity event at the Penang International Sport Arena on April 2 and in Bukit Kiara the following day.

The Beijing Olympic silver medalist will also donate his All England-winning racquets and T-shirts for auction on both days.

Chong Wei made his commitment to the charity drive at a hotel in Kuala Lumpur yesterday. Also present were Japan's ambassador to Malaysia, Koichi Ito, BA of Malaysia (BAM) general manager Kenny Goh and representatives from Yonex, 100PLUS, Samsung, Astro and Kaspersky.

"I was in Birmingham for the All England when the disaster struck Japan. My heart sunk when I saw what had happened on television in my hotel room on the morning of my quarter-final match," said Chong Wei.

"I told myself then that I needed to do something for the unfortunate people caught in the earthquake and tsunami.

"Due to my tight schedule, I informed my brother and friends to plan out a project for this purpose. I will do my best to raise RM1 million.

"I am also donating both my racquets and two T-shirts, which I used for the All England final, to be auctioned."

Chong Wei said the proceeds from the two-day fund raiser will be handed to ambassador Koichi at the Japanese embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

"Fans can visit the bazaar and also watch local artists perform on both days. I have also invited Taufik (Hidayat) to participate in the event. If he comes, we will play an exhibition match," said Chong Wei, adding that he will also invite Hafiz Hashim and other national shuttlers for exhibition matches if Taufik is not available.

Japan was left reeling by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami which has led to more than 22,000 dead or missing. The world badminton community has been keen to support relief efforts.

Koichi was touched by Chong Wei's effort to help the victims through the fund raiser.

"I want to give my sincere thanks to Chong Wei for his efforts. The disaster in Japan has left so many people dead or missing. My government is making every possible effort to control the situation," said the ambassador.

Kenny said Chong Wei had spoken to him about starting a fund raising charity project upon arriving from the All England.

"We (BAM) are proud to have a player like Chong Wei in our stable. He initiated the start of the project and we agreed to lend him support as it was for a good cause," said Kenny.