User Tag List

Page 37 of 666 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 87 137 537 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiku View Post
    new fan reporting in....
    hi there!!!
    welcome to bc forum and have fun here.

malaysia boleh!!
    lee chong wei boleh!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kar_mun View Post
    A passion for speed

Our national badminton players rank amongst the best in the world. All eyes will be on them once again when the Olympics start next month. 100PLUS, the official isotonic drink partner for the Badminton Association of Malaysia, brings you a series of five articles featuring our national players. Find out what makes them tick when they are not on the badminton court. The series kicks off with Lee Chong Wei who will be leading the singles squad.
    FAST cars and football are just some of the things that drive Lee Chong Wei wild. His love for life in the fast lane could have seen him working in the automobile industry had he not made it as a world-class badminton player.
    The badminton ace who is on course to becoming Malaysias first ever Olympic gold medallist, revealed that he spends his spare time watching football matches and taking care of his car, a sporty Nissan Fairlady.
    Im quite passionate about cars and like to get the latest accessories for it, says the 25-year-old shuttler. In fact, some of my friends and even my girlfriend (badminton player Wong Mew Choo) always joke that I could have been a car salesman or work in a car accessory shop if I didnt make the grade as a badminton player.

I get a big kick out of taking my car out for a spin and I confess I have received a couple of summons for speeding which is not a good thing to talk about, he adds with a laugh.
    Although I drive quite fast, I must stress that Im actually a safe driver and dont simply overtake or zigzag through traffic.
    A huge fan of Formula One drivers Michael Schumacher and Kimi Raikkonen, Lee also supports the Ferrari team but seldom has time to watch Formula One races on television. He thoroughly enjoyed going to Sepang on three occasions to watch the F1 races. It was simply fantastic to be there, and watch the best drivers and cars in action.
    Besides cars, Lees other passion is football. His number one team is Manchester United. He first began supporting the Red Devils because of David Beckham. When the former England skipper upped and left for Real Madrid in 2003, Lee decided to stick with the English club as their entertaining, attacking style appealed to him.
    A new hero emerged at Old Trafford recently Cristiano Ronaldo and Lee took an instant liking to the Portuguese star. In many ways, Ronaldo and Beckham are much alike, yet they are different kinds of players, Lee says, who admitted he watched Portugals games during the Euro 2008 just to see Ronaldo in action.
    I will continue supporting Manchester United, regardless of the players they may have in the coming seasons.
    Lee also enjoys a game of football and once in a blue moon, he gets together with the rest of the national players to kick the ball around at the National Sports Council field in Bukit Jalil, which is where the national badminton players train.
    The rest of the national players are quite big fans as well and enjoy playing football once in a while to break the monotony of training, he reveals. Its just harmless fun and helps us to bond.
    On his Olympic target, Lee says: It will be tough but Im determined to give it my best shot as this could be my last chance at winning the gold medal.
    Currently ranked number two in the world, he will be up against the mighty Chinese players who are the favourites to dominate the badminton competition in front of their fans.
    Playing in Beijing against the Chinese players will be extremely difficult. It will require my very best efforts to be successful. I will have to push myself to the very edge if I hope to win there.

Credits:
    http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/stor...&sec=lifefocus
    WOW!!! I don't believe that chong wei have same interests like me. good to know that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

lee chong wei is all cool

Badminton: Misbun: Chong Wei now cool under pressure

By LIM TEIK HUAT

KUALA LUMPUR: The change in attitude of shuttler Lee Chong Wei is already a good reason for coach Misbun Sidek having the confidence that his charge will not let him down in the Beijing Olympics next month.
    It has been more than a year since Chong Wei returned to train under Misbun and the Olympics will be the biggest test for the 26-year-old since his dismal failure in the World Championships in Bukit Jalil last year.
    An out-of-sorts Chong Wei disappointed the home fans when he fell to a crushing defeat by Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro in the third round.
    But Misbun said that Chong Wei's self-confidence had improved a lot and he was now better at handling pressure. And Misbun saw no need to make big changes to Chong Wei's game ahead of the Olympics.
    In the past, he would be afraid of certain players but he now talks with confidence on how he can beat them, he said.
    He is coping well with the expectations that come with being rated as Malaysia's medal hope in the Olympics. He is more relaxed about it compared to previously when he tends to get agitated easily and lose focus.
    His commitment to training is also exemplary to the other singles players. I have not had any request from him coming to me with reasons to skip a training session.
    Chong Wei will be competing in his second Olympics as the second seed behind China's Lin Dan.
    Chong Wei is doing fine in his high intensity training mode before a competition. His fitness, movement and agility are at a good level, said Misbun.
    In sparring, the intensity has increased with the juniors giving good commitment in the sessions and Chong Wei is taking it well. I will be tapering down the sessions when we go into centralised training camp with the rest of the Olympic team.
    Currently, women's singles player Wong Mew Choo also trains under Misbun at the Michael Badminton Academy in Bandar Puteri Puchong.
    The Beijing-bound squad will begin training together at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara from Monday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If LCW takes it cool and easy, he will not be pressurised. With WMC alongside, he will be calm as he has someone to 'hold his hands' when the games start.

Misbun is also another stalwart that he can count on to calm him. The bond is now greater than before when he transferred back to Misbun from W.Tat Meng. The understanding between the two men is showing clearly with Misbun hardly staying long during every game's break. Misbun, unlike other coaches, has only a few words to get the message across to LCW. Sometimes, Misbun does not even bother to get up from his seat to tell LCW -- it is as if there is a telepathic bond already.

With LCW staying calm, it is very hard for anyone to beat him. He now has time to think in his game because he is calm. In my mind, the thing that is really working for him is his super fitness. He is ready to do the hard 'yakka' - nobody will beat him in that department. If anyone plays tit-for-tat with him, he will outlast them. On top of that, LCW has shown his speed to overcome his opponent - it is just 'poetry' to watch him dictate the flow of things. He can just turn it on when the opponent least expects it. As I said before, don't expect him to hurry the play in the first game as he does not need to. He will keep the opponent in check and stretch it a bit at the end of the 1st. In the 2nd, he will shift into a faster gear to wear down the opponent. When you have fitness, speed AND LOTS OF SKILLS, there is nothing much you can't do.

The time has come for all fans of LCW to be excited (not nervous!) because he will excite us in the Olympics. Malaysia will celebrate if this talented player wins it -- I am looking forward to the Sultan of Malaysia calling the next day a holiday as well as calling it the 'LCW DAY', else it could be 'Pemuda Day'.
    Last edited by X Ball; 07-17-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furtheremore LCW and Mew Choo have a full time mental trainer beside them most of the time until Olympic finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Furtheremore LCW and Mew Choo have a full time mental trainer beside them most of the time until Olympic finish.

How can we lose ?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey....mew choo trainning in bdr puteri
    tat badminton centre....
    haha...who wanna go wif me 2 watch her trainning?
    i'll fetch u....near my house only....^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kar_mun View Post
    A passion for speed

His number one team is Manchester United. I will continue supporting Manchester United, regardless of the players they may have in the coming seasons.
    Just nice and perfect,dear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phoiyih_luv bad View Post
    tat badminton centre....
    haha..serious..?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    1) If LCW takes it cool and easy, he will not be pressurised. With WMC alongside, he will be calm as he has someone to 'hold his hands' when the games start.

2) Sometimes, Misbun does not even bother to get up from his seat to tell LCW -- it is as if there is a telepathic bond already.

Wah, my friend, didnt know you such a romantic, someone to hold his hands, kah, kah.

No need to talk2, just signal, no 1 for plan 1, 2 for plan 2...., Misbun doesnt like to be longwinded wan.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tat badminton centre....
    me...u mind???...haha...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    haha..serious..?

haha...if u stay in puchong den can go lar...
    if not....den only watch at olympic lor...^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    me...u mind???...haha...
    if i'm not mistaken...
    u not stay somewhere kedah one meh?
    how 2 fetch u?
    oil need more money now..haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i'm not mistaken...
    how 2 fetch u?
    haiya, phoiyih..
    u juz go there and record their training and put them on youtube let us see lor..hhaaha
    juz like ants did, he recorded malaysia squad training for the TC./UC recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but in live will be more 爽 2 see...^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what time is their training, i would like to watch it live too, thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i'm not mistaken...
    how 2 fetch u?
    oh...u forget where i live......hmm...i in kelantan...far...haha...