User Tag List

Page 378 of 668 FirstFirst ... 278 328 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 428 478 ... LastLast
Results 6,410 to 6,426 of 11350
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope this defeat to Chen long will make Datuk Lee stronger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    I believe he will..........................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Haha, LCW had a rare defeat to CL, proving that he's human after all.
    Hope he doesn't take this defeat too hardly, and hopefully no one criticizes him because CL caught him on a bad day where he couldn't find his range.

Good luck in the future!
    Besides the match-fixing by the unsporting CBA in withdrawing LD against CL in the MSSF match of the 2011 YOJSS, I think LCW was bothered by a niggling shoulder injury.
    He smashed very minimally in his final match against CL when the opportunities arose which is very unlike LCW and that is one-third of his weaponry gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A sad day for badminton indeed. The rest of the world question China integrity and sportmanship.

In the eyes of LYB, China won the MS title over LCW today, period. I weep for LCW tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    Besides the match-fixing by the unsporting CBA in withdrawing LD against CL in the MSSF match of the 2011 YOJSS, I think LCW was bothered by a niggling shoulder injury.
    He smashed very minimally in his final match against CL when the opportunities arose which is very unlike LCW and that is one-third of his weaponry gone.
    He was supposed to have healed from his shoulder injury but I admit that he probably did not have enough preparation after being back from injury...

He showed no trouble yesterday against Peter Gade though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when lcw wins no one talks about the injury but how good he is, how much he has improved and how he is ready to beat super dan..but when he loses everyone defends him by claiming he is injured..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Hope their next encounter will be like MAS oPEN 2011 SEMI FINAL outcome..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Hope their next encounter will be like MAS oPEN 2011 SEMI FINAL outcome..
    Currently an in-form LCW will beat CL easilly! There is still a huge gap imop.. But things are not static.. CL is improving...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, this is badminton. that's why its fun to watch. Congrats to the well deserved Chen Long for beating LCW for the JPN Open title. Yeah, i can really see a HUGE turnover improvement from their meetings during in Malaysia just months back. But i'm sure LCW will be back again.. STRONGER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When lcw wins, the one who talks about him winning with injuries will be shot It's obvious he has improved as he keeps beating people with very low score until today Isn't it also obvious all of a certain he lost there has to be a reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CL just does not know how to control himself when he wins. Plus he got an all day rest which is a huge advantage over LCW.

I am sure LCW will come back stronger. Hope he will recover soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Currently an in-form LCW will beat CL easilly! There is still a huge gap imop.. But things are not static.. CL is improving...
    I agree with you. CL is a danger for LCW if he is off-form like what happened today. LCW couldn't find his range and made one too many mistakes.

Shoulder injury shouldn't be an excuse as even coach Tey said that LCW should be fine. People, please give credit to Chen Long.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i am agree that credit should be given to CL for defeating LCW, he played a good match, & he does improve.

I am sure that something has happened at CBA at the day before the Semis or maybe the scenario has been planned before, LYB asked CL what if LYB had the match fixed & gives him an opportunity to play in the final against LCW . What matters for LYB is not merely the result, he wants to inspect the progress CL has gone through & also how big the confidence CL has at that day especially in such crucial match with a risky decision . It turns out that CL has the guts to stand, take his weapon & fighting really bad to defeat the world's No. 1.

LCW on the other hand, suffered shoulder's injury 1 or 2 months a go if i am not mistaken , but as coach Tey said the World's no 1 shoulder has backed in shape, so i assume that LCW has recovered. But, the way he played in the first set is just not LCW's, more defensive & at a slow speed. Second set he did better, more aggressive, injecting the pace of the game, although it is not as much as he usually did, it is just enough to let the match progressed to the final set, where LCW did too many mistakes & become really slow & passive after 4 exchanges & above especially at the crucial stage of the game. As a result CL has just had a brand new Osim Chair that he could sit on during his free time, be relax, drinking tea while watching some cartoons back at CBA headquarter.

I hope LCW able to be back in his form soon & winning more and more title..Pointing his finger & mind directly to 2012 OG Gold Medal.
    Last edited by Licin; 09-25-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up A win is a win

Surely we ought to congratulate Chen Long for defeating LCW at the Finals of the 2011 Japan Open SS.

A win is a win; whether LCW is injured or not, or whether CL has an advantage of getting a rest day before Finals Day.

I have not watched the match. But reading many posts at our tournament thread, I gathered that LCW lost the match (by making many errors).

So if what I have read is correct, shall we say that LCW lost the match to CL, rather than CL won the match against LCW? However it shouldn't matter, because the results show that CL won this match.

Well Done Chen Long and hope that Lee Chong Wei can make amends when they should face each other in their next tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the first time i see lcw tired when playing opponet other than LD.
    plese dont forget he is 29 year old right now,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he's 28 right now and 29 next month? LCW is pissed that LD withdrew from the tournament for the 800 times to let his teammate rest and prepare....Pretty much no sportsmanship at the final but who could blame him. One shuttle hit his shirt and bounce out but judge didn't see and he didn't react. Then CL held his hand up before line judge could make a decision for the final point. LCW wasn't happy at all with that then CL started hugging everyone he could lay his hands on. LCW didn't even look at CL when they shook hands. Pretty much a controversial final. The polite and quiet Japanese crowd made the situation even more bizarre because there was almost no reaction to any of this except for the few foreign fans. If this was in another country, somebody is gonna get hurt real bad lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re the celebration i actually look at it the other way.
    CL's celebration was a compliment to LCW. after all it's only a SS title, one of the many yearly.
    That’s mean so much to CL because he knew how difficult to beat the world No 1, one of the best.
    if after the final point he just came over to shake hand made it all 'matter of factly' that it was mine in the bag and may be said something like 'try harder next time'. that would really hurt.