User Tag List

Page 389 of 590 FirstFirst ... 289 339 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 439 489 ... LastLast
Results 6,597 to 6,613 of 10016
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think LCW should train more and more with top-level doubles partners. Preferably the best doubles team in MAS.
    And that would be... ummmm... errrr... Fuzzy? Tek Chai/Bin Shen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW lost the MSF match of the 2011 Yonex Denmark Open to Chen Long 15-21, 18-21, because he was too passive and let CL dictate the pace. He didn’t take the initiative.He didn’t step in and take the shuttle but instead let the shuttle go to him. This let CL to regroup and be in a good position to defend or attack. Also he made too many mistakes by hitting the shuttles long or smashing out or into the net. He also made too many misjudgments by not returning shuttles thinking they landed out. CL played a solid match, was agile, had a sound defense and did not make many errors. He deserved his win. LCW should view the recordings of how he beat CL by being aggressive, especially the 2011 Proton Malaysia Open, where he trashed CL 21-9, 21-9 in the semi-final match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I think LCW should train more and more with top-level doubles partners. Preferably the best doubles team in MAS.
    What about KKK/TBH? No? Maybe put 2 doubles team(any pair) vs LCW alone. Too extreme?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW lost the MSF match of the 2011 Yonex Denmark Open to Chen Long 15-21, 18-21, because he was too passive and let CL dictate the pace.
    He didnt take the initiative.
    He didnt step in and take the shuttle but instead let the shuttle go to him.
    This let CL to regroup and be in a good position to defend or attack.
    Also he made too many mistakes by hitting the shuttles long or smashing out or into the net.
    He also made too many misjudgments by not returning shuttles thinking they landed out.
    CL played a solid match, was agile, had a sound defense and did not make many errors. He deserved his win.
    LCW should view the recordings of how he beat CL by being aggressive, especially the 2011 Proton Malaysia Open, where he trashed CL 21-9, 21-9 in the semi-final match.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I like your first paragraph.
    After several losses to LCW, CHN has experiennted and looks like find a way for CL to play LCW. Then looking at JO and now DO, seems like LCW is playing into CL style of play. I watched the first game before I left the house this morning. LCW was playing too cautiously I think, like he was afraid to make mistake. Now, LCW has 2 dragons to play in OLY12, surely he does not need the 3rd one (CJ) to contend with, he has to 'help' PG stay in the top 4. Almost certain, LCW would have CL in his half in OLY and potentially SF meeting.
    NO, if LCW and his coach has half of a brain they should help CHN to get 3 in and force PG out of the top 4.
    Why, if CHN has 2 qualified then most likely will be LD and CL and LCW will have to play them both to win.
    But if CHN get 3 qualified with CJ as No 3 there is a 50/50 chance that LCW will meet CJ in SF.

How's that for tactical?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    agree. and i think many people do sympathize with him.however, it is also the case that many of his fans have very high expectations.
    Very true. High hopes and expectations alone are not gonna break down this wall of CHN that easily.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    NO, if LCW and his coach has half of a brain they should help CHN to get 3 in and force PG out of the top 4.
    Why, if CHN has 2 qualified then most likely will be LD and CL and LCW will have to play them both to win.
    But if CHN get 3 qualified with CJ as No 3 there is a 50/50 chance that LCW will meet CJ in SF.

How's that for tactical?
    If what you say in WR goes this way: LCW, LD, CL and CJ. Then CJ in LCW half and CL in LD half. LCW has better chance of beating CJ, then face either LD or CL and not both. You know what....I overlook that, and I agree with you. So, FO11, go CJ go,.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post

How's that for tactical?
    This is only guess for the 2012 OG.

LCW will be seeded No.1, CL 2, LD 3 and PG 4.

My guess is that CJ won't be there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    If what you say in WR goes this way: LCW, LD, CL and CJ. Then CJ in LCW half and CL in LD half. LCW has better chance of beating CJ, then face either LD or CL and not both. You know what....I overlook that, and I agree with you. So, FO11, go CJ go,.....
    Correct. It can be LCW with 3 CHN players in the top 4 but LCW has to be seeded 1 and either LD or CL seeded 2, not CJ.
    If CJ is seeded 2, LCW will have to play either LD or CL or vice versa. Don't think CJ will reach the final.
    If LCW is seeded 1, and either CL or LD seeded 2 & 3 respectively, I am not sure where they will place the 3rd seeded player, top or bottom half, if opposite half than CJ will be an easier encounter.

This is better than PG at no.4. If you have PG at no. 4, you will have a 3rd CHN player floating around at the quarterfinals and LCW may have to play 3 CHN players consecutively.
    Last edited by nokh88; 10-24-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post

This is better than PG at no.4. If you have PG at no. 4, you will have a 3rd CHN player floating around at the quarterfinals and LCW may have to play 3 CHN players consecutively.
    If you are refering to OG, China can only have 3 MS if in top 4, other wise only 2. If other tourneys, yeah, still depend on luck of draw which half of the draw CJ is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if CHN has 2 qualified the rule require them in different halves.
    if CHN has 3 qualified and unless CJ overtook LD & CL by May next year, CJ will have a 50/50 chance in LCW's half.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    If you are refering to OG, China can only have 3 MS if in top 4, other wise only 2. If other tourneys, yeah, still depend on luck of draw which half of the draw CJ is.
    Sorry, my mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    How about the new kids on the block Hoon Thien How, Tan Wee Kiong, Goh Wei Shem and Lim Khim Wah?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not jump into conclusion too fast and write LCW off. No matter what, he together with LD are still the player to beat come OG'12.

As I see it, CL has improved tremendously given the facts that he is 23 years old and at this crucial age a player could just bloom and went a couple of notch higher. We must also take into consideration that CHN training regime is the toughest if not the most effective in badminton world and that really helps CL to close the gap on an already stagnated LCW who has reached his limit. It is not something shocking. But seeing a totally different CL from JO'11 in just a couple of weeks time has definitely raised many eyebrows.

What LCW needed to do is to sort out his priority given he is already 29. He wasn't on good form recently. He needs to know what kind of game that required of him when he play not only LD but also CL. Which area of his game needs adjustment and fine tuning and most importantly his state of mind.

If CL can do it, why not LCW?
    Last edited by flite; 10-24-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    LCW lost the MSF match of the 2011 Yonex Denmark Open to Chen Long 15-21, 18-21, because he was too passive and let CL dictate the pace.
    He didn’t take the initiative.
    He didn’t step in and take the shuttle but instead let the shuttle go to him.
    This let CL to regroup and be in a good position to defend or attack.
    Also he made too many mistakes by hitting the shuttles long or smashing out or into the net.
    He also made too many misjudgments by not returning shuttles thinking they landed out.
    CL played a solid match, was agile, had a sound defense and did not make many errors. He deserved his win.
    LCW should view the recordings of how he beat CL by being aggressive, especially the 2011 Proton Malaysia Open, where he trashed CL 21-9, 21-9 in the semi-final match.
    is it just me, or, LCW is getting a little bit complacent? He looked like Lin Dan now ( not really serious when against an opponent that he thinks he should be able to beat easily )

please LCW... get ur focus back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 57.Christ View Post
    is it just me, or, LCW is getting a little bit complacent? He looked like Lin Dan now ( not really serious when against an opponent that he thinks he should be able to beat easily )

please LCW... get ur focus back..
    Not so sure against Chen Long, more like he was not physically up there back at his old level for that. But against Peter Gade, yes, he became complacent and nearly paid the price for it (going to a rubber)

I don't ask him to thrash all his opponents 21-9; 21-10 or something like that but he has to keep focused throughout. Also has to practice coming back down from a deficit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's say in early May 2011, the MS ranking is like this:

1. LD
    2. LCW
    3. CL
    4. CJ

Will CJ be able to play in OG2012?