User Tag List

Page 391 of 591 FirstFirst ... 291 341 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 441 491 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,647 of 10032
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Historically, LCW has not done well at the Paris venue; the one-time exception was the 2007 Open which he won. I don't expect that to suddenly cange this time around, so I would be surprised if he made it to the finals. Regardless of who he has to play along the way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulation LCW, you beat CL after 2 defeats......well done.

Also you have kept the record clean to enter every final in all tournaments so far in 2011, thats impressive !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Congratulation LCW, you beat CL after 2 defeats......well done.

Also you have kept the record clean to enter every final in all tournaments so far in 2011, thats impressive !!
    Except the one he withdrew from :-)

For sure the most consistent player on tour, with Gade no.2. But loosing so many of the finals, is worrying if he wants to be considered the "best" player, not just the "consistent" one..

Only taking advantage of 2 out of 5 finals in majors (premier ss + wc) this year isn't really that legendary :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Congratulation LCW, you beat CL after 2 defeats......well done.Also you have kept the record clean to enter every final in all tournaments so far in 2011, thats impressive !!
    Congratulations LCW for denying CL doing his strip show. I am sure someone out there love CL's strp show. Nothing wrong. But a lot of fans out there also puzzled by this strip shows that started by Lin Dan and now inherited by CL. LCW extremely well this year. Enter every final of the tournaments that he participated is really extraordinary. Some may say less than legendary. Less than great. Less than best.It is always easy to criticize. Please point it out to me how many players out there able to do what LCW does inthe era of modern badminton? The players out there that gave us great entertainment and inspirations are human. They are not race horses. Have some humanity. Have some heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Congratulations LCW for denying CL doing his strip show. I am sure someone out there love CL's strp show. Nothing wrong. But a lot of fans out there also puzzled by this strip shows that started by Lin Dan and now inherited by CL. LCW extremely well this year. Enter every final of the tournaments that he participated is really extraordinary. Some may say less than legendary. Less than great. Less than best.It is always easy to criticize. Please point it out to me how many players out there able to do what LCW does inthe era of modern badminton? The players out there that gave us great entertainment and inspirations are human. They are not race horses. Have some humanity. Have some heart.
    Maybe LCW also will put on a stripshow, if he actually manage to clinch a big win :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Maybe LCW also will put on a stripshow, if he actually manage to clinch a big win :-)
    Ha ha! If LCW do this kind of strip show I will turn to other channel. I am fair impartial. I don't criticize just because the chinese players do it. If LCW do it I will also tell him off. "Please don't do this kind of disgusting show":-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except the one he withdrew from :-)

For sure the most consistent player on tour, with Gade no.2. But loosing so many of the finals, is worrying if he wants to be considered the "best" player, not just the "consistent" one..

Only taking advantage of 2 out of 5 finals in majors (premier ss + wc) this year isn't really that legendary :-(
    Yes, we appreciating his hard works and sportmenship.....at least, he is not the one who creates record in terms of number of W/O like some great champion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No such thing, he will be severely critised as 'not behaving properly when representing the country'. Remember Msia is Muslim country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Become a gracious player, Lee Chong Wei!

I hope one day people will remember LCW as a gracious player, win or lose. But first, his court temperament must change. He can start by acknowledging all the lucky net cord that goes his way and raise his hand whenever a shuttle hits his opponent unintentionally. This simple gesture goes a long way and will gain even more respect from opponents and fans alike. This change may very well raise his game to an entire new level. -just my humble opinion-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    No such thing, he will be severely critised as 'not behaving properly when representing the country'. Remember Msia is Muslim country.
    Hmm............what you say make sense. Now come to think of it, LD and CL do stripshows to please the chinese , their coaches and leaders. Perhaps LYB and their coaches love stripshows. No wonder LYB and the chinese coaches condone LD and CL 's foolish behaviour.

The problem is they forget that not everyone love stripshows. Doing these things in private is fine but why do it infront of cameras? Why do it when they are representing their country?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williamtan2020 View Post
    I hope one day people will remember LCW as a gracious player, win or lose. But first, his court temperament must change. He can start by acknowledging all the lucky net cord that goes his way and raise his hand whenever a shuttle hits his opponent unintentionally. This simple gesture goes a long way and will gain even more respect from opponents and fans alike. This change may very well raise his game to an entire new level. -just my humble opinion-
    LCW is one of the most gracious players I have ever seen in modern badminton. The other MS players that have very good manners on court are Wong choon Han, Peter Gade and Xia Xuan Ze. There may be others that I forget to mention.

Sometimes players do the hand gestures in one game and sometimes they forget to do it in another game. This is normal. There are other times LCW does this hand gesture thing in other match. Do you follow LCW's matches regularly to say this? Do you notice LCW always clap to show respect to spectators? Do you notice LCW most of the time shake hands with his opponents and umpire first before leaving the court to see his coach? This is very differrent from the chinese players that ignore their opponents and do lengthy celebrations or hug their coaches first. I thing that is rude. LCW never have these problems.

I don't mean to offend you. But I think if you brand LCW as not being gracious just because if you did not see him doing the hand gesture thing in one match than you are nitpicking. Just my humble opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Historically, LCW has not done well at the Paris venue; the one-time exception was the 2007 Open which he won. I don't expect that to suddenly cange this time around, so I would be surprised if he made it to the finals. Regardless of who he has to play along the way...
    Boy! LCW surely surprised you. I hope your jaw is intact. What say you now?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williamtan2020 View Post
    What if LCW tells you that his hitting the net cord is a way in which he is trained to win a point?

As a coach, I am training my trainees (at Net-Play) to hit the net cord to win a rally. And when they perform it, they jump up with joy; and give credit to themselves for doing it.

It won't be saying 'SORRY' to their opponent(s) anymore: because it was intentional.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 10-30-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm............what you say make sense. Now come to think of it, LD and CL do stripshows to please the chinese , their coaches and leaders. Perhaps LYB and their coaches love stripshows. No wonder LYB and the chinese coaches condone LD and CL 's foolish behaviour.

The problem is they forget that not everyone love stripshows. Doing these things in private is fine but why do it infront of cameras? Why do it when they are representing their country?
    When in France...

Name:  111029-1803-sam_7519.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  94.2 KB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like datuklee defence has weaken or the other players smashes has improve?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    What if LCW tells you that his hitting the net cord is a way in which he is trained to win a point?

As a coach, I am training my trainees (at Net-Play) to hit the net cord to win a rally. And when they perform it, they jump up with joy; and give credit to themselves for doing it.

It won't be saying 'SORRY' to their opponent(s) anymore: because it was intentional.
    i agree with what u said

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Boy! LCW surely surprised you. I hope your jaw is intact. What say you now?
    Errrr... Congratulations, LCW!!!

This means that the energies that work for LCW are moving slowly from the far East towards western Europe. He won the last 2 AE (but not the WC, famously) and now the French. Maybe this is a good sign for him, for the OG 2012...