User Tag List

Page 392 of 666 FirstFirst ... 292 342 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 442 492 ... LastLast
Results 6,648 to 6,664 of 11314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    What if LCW tells you that his hitting the net cord is a way in which he is trained to win a point?

As a coach, I am training my trainees (at Net-Play) to hit the net cord to win a rally. And when they perform it, they jump up with joy; and give credit to themselves for doing it.

It won't be saying 'SORRY' to their opponent(s) anymore: because it was intentional.
    At netplay maybe but I don't see Lee Chong Wei apologize when hitting the netcord while smashing and the shuttle would just crumble overthe net, and this behaviour has been not just in the last match but since maybe one year already. I do thing it is luck because whenever other players do that they raise their hands to apologize but maybe Lee Chong Wei trained for them to hit over the net like this. Then one word: Respect.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i agree with what u said
    Hehehe... I thought you would argue with me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jojandy View Post
    At netplay maybe but I don't see Lee Chong Wei apologize when hitting the netcord while smashing and the shuttle would just crumble overthe net, and this behaviour has been not just in the last match but since maybe one year already. I do thing it is luck because whenever other players do that they raise their hands to apologize but maybe Lee Chong Wei trained for them to hit over the net like this. Then one word: Respect.
    I can understand what you are saying.

In social matches, we usually say 'sorry', to show respect to opponents.

But in tournament matches, we are all out to win points. Winning a point by hitting the net cord is one of the ways to win a point.

To say 'sorry' when a point is won in this way by skill (or even by luck) is only for social matches.

We sometimes have handicapped games (giving, say, 15 points start to lower-skilled opponents). It could be in any sports, Badminton, Golf, Tennis, Table Tennis, etc... Would you say that giving a head start to lower-skilled opponents is showing disrespect to them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW's confidence is now 80% back according to his coach, TSB, and that was good enough for him to beat CL in the SF and KT in the final matches of the 2011 Yonex French Badminton Open tournament.

It was a difficult match against CL which stretched to 3 games but slightly easier against KT who was very sharp in 2/3rds of the 1st game.

Congratulations, LCW, on your winning the 2011 French Open title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulation LCW for the FO Champion...........well done !!

Still keeping your clean record intact without a scar, entering all finals......

1 Gold, 1 Silver in this Europe tourney.....

OT...a bit.....LCW 2 fianls in Europe tournaments, LD 2 dramas in those tournaments...
    Last edited by jasonmarc; 10-30-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Congratulation LCW for the FO Champion...........well done !!Still keeping your clean record intact without a scar, entering all finals......1 Gold, 1 Silver in this Europe tourney.....OT...a bit.....LCW 2 fianls in Europe tournaments, LD 2 dramas in those tournaments...
    I like the 2 dramas that happenned . This is not an insult to Lin Dan but simply trying to get into his shoes why he was doing that .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations LCW!!! great to see him win finally...like the way he played in this tournament with more aggression & fighting spirit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if LCW tells you that his hitting the net cord is a way in which he is trained to win a point?

As a coach, I am training my trainees (at Net-Play) to hit the net cord to win a rally. And when they perform it, they jump up with joy; and give credit to themselves for doing it.

It won't be saying 'SORRY' to their opponent(s) anymore: because it was intentional.
    If it was intentional and through skills, maybe instead of apologizing, LCW was waiting for his opponent to applause the shot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand what you are saying.

In social matches, we usually say 'sorry', to show respect to opponents.

But in tournament matches, we are all out to win points. Winning a point by hitting the net cord is one of the ways to win a point.

To say 'sorry' when a point is won in this way by skill (or even by luck) is only for social matches.

We sometimes have handicapped games (giving, say, 15 points start to lower-skilled opponents). It could be in any sports, Badminton, Golf, Tennis, Table Tennis, etc... Would you say that giving a head start to lower-skilled opponents is showing disrespect to them?
    In social badminton, whenever we earn a point from a lucky net shot, forget 'sorry', we say 'yeah, way to go baby, good job, we need more'
    As for 15-pt handicap, nothing wrong, contrary to not being disrespectful, I think it is very fair and very respectful, cos' I need at least 15-pt if I play you, Aspire and pBm...not consecutively in one night of course

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    In social badminton, whenever we earn a point from a lucky net shot, forget 'sorry', we say 'yeah, way to go baby, good job, we need more'
    As for 15-pt handicap, nothing wrong, contrary to not being disrespectful, I think it is very fair and very respectful, cos' I need at least 15-pt if I play you, Aspire and pBm...not consecutively in one night of course
    You still remember this and when would that be. I would like to witness this historical event. It's even rarer than LCW vs LD match-ups.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    If it was intentional and through skills, maybe instead of apologizing, LCW was waiting for his opponent to applause the shot.
    Nah. He just stands there admiring his handiwork.

I remember one final some years ago, somewhere, when he literally won a slew of points like that against Taufik. I could swear, Taufik was actively considering full-frontal assault, his look was like, "Dude, if you want to play badminton, play badminton! Stop f***ing around!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Comparing Badminton to Tennis and/or Table Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Perhaps some BCers are comparing Badminton to Tennis and/or Table Tennis.

Let's just look at the Service.

In Tennis and/or Table Tennis, hitting the net and landing in, it is called a 'Let'. Players do not train for it.

But in Badminton, hitting the net and landing in, it is regarded as the 'Ultimate Service'. Believe me, players try to train for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to LCW for winning the French Open!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Congratulations to LCW for winning the French Open!
    And for not losing to Chen long three times in a row . Actually his earlier two loses to cl is good for Malaysia badminton (not an insult to lcw). Before everybody thought he couldn't be beaten accept by one guy. It shows there is hope for them
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 10-31-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad that Datuk Lee won FO....
    I can see he want to win FO as compared to DO....lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    LCW is one of the most gracious players I have ever seen in modern badminton. The other MS players that have very good manners on court are Wong choon Han, Peter Gade and Xia Xuan Ze. There may be others that I forget to mention.

Sometimes players do the hand gestures in one game and sometimes they forget to do it in another game. This is normal. There are other times LCW does this hand gesture thing in other match. Do you follow LCW's matches regularly to say this? Do you notice LCW always clap to show respect to spectators? Do you notice LCW most of the time shake hands with his opponents and umpire first before leaving the court to see his coach? This is very differrent from the chinese players that ignore their opponents and do lengthy celebrations or hug their coaches first. I thing that is rude. LCW never have these problems.

I don't mean to offend you. But I think if you brand LCW as not being gracious just because if you did not see him doing the hand gesture thing in one match than you are nitpicking. Just my humble opinion.
    i think you're choosing those of LCW's good side to watch and chose to ignore all those bad side/behaviour of LCW... how about those video of him celebrating after the AE title?? did he went to his opponent first? no, he did a pretty long prayer and then went to his coach and then do some sort of shirt dance move before going to LD and then back to his shirt dance again.
    And when he wins a match, he will proudly smile and say smth to his opponent, but when he loses, he dont even want to look or touch opponent's hand for more then 1seconds. i understand that human will be sad after losing but at least have the courtesy like most of other player-to look at them and congratulate them on their win.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post

I remember one final some years ago, somewhere, when he literally won a slew of points like that against Taufik. I could swear, Taufik was actively considering full-frontal assault, his look was like, "Dude, if you want to play badminton, play badminton! Stop f***ing around!"
    That was before they became good friends?