User Tag List

Page 395 of 583 FirstFirst ... 295 345 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 445 495 ... LastLast
Results 6,699 to 6,715 of 9900
  1. #6699
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    Mosquito bite for no show/walkover?

    Seriously though, I wonder how they fooled the tournament doctor. Lin Dan for example, his recent injuries were that the skin of his foot came off and ingrown toenail (not sure about this one, correct me if I'm wrong), so those were liable but what about WZM recent withdrawal? He was reported injured but what kind of injury? Even Gillian Clark said "...injury yet to be known..."

    Did WZM just limp in to the doc's office and claim muscle strain, fatigue, etc then limped out and the next day sat on the side making fun of LCW's high cheek bones?
    It is probably the opposite.. Most professional athletes at their level train and push their bodies to the limit.. That will mean more or less constant injuries small or big.. Even LCW of course use straps/tape for knees, arm etc. due to injuries.. So it is basically "how much injuries" to accept or what injuries are acceptable to forfeit with.. Of course it is individual. but Iam sure thal all the top players like LCW, Gade, Taufik, LD, CJ etc. have injuries tha could be used as an excuse, and could be verified by a doctor, and used as an excuse to withdraw.. In most cases it is a decision if it is "worth" the risk/gain playing all-out with a injury that could get worse, or if the injury healing processewill not be worse by playing etc.

    If winning the match s considered less important, the benefit of risking further injury or prolonged recovery may tip the scale to a player to withdraw. On the otherhand if it is an OG finale, most players would proably risk permamnet dmage due to an injury just to win the final.. So it will of coures be differnet "thresholds" based on the match when a player decides to not risk playing.
    Last edited by twobeer; 11-11-2011 at 05:28 PM.

  2. Likes visor, Blitzzards liked this post
  3. #6700
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Most malaysian badminton players smoke.
    My goodness that is not a good habit for professional badminton players especially when the lungs and the cardiovascular muscles are of such importance for stamina

    Too much political pressure within the country itself?

  4. #6701
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    It is probably the opposite.. Most professional athletes at their level train and push their bodies to the limit.. That will mean more or less constant injuries small or big.. Even LCW of course use straps/tape for knees, arm etc. due to injuries.. So it is basically "how much injuries" to accept or what injuries are acceptable to forfeit with.. Of course it is individual. but Iam sure thal all the top players like LCW, Gade, Taufik, LD, CJ etc. have injuries tha could be used as an excuse, and could be verified by a doctor, and used as an excuse to withdraw.. In most cases it is a decision if it is "worth" the risk/gain playing all-out with a injury that could get worse, or if the injury healing processewill not be worse by playing etc.

    If winning the match s considered less important, the benefit of risking further injury or prolonged recovery may tip the scale to a player to withdraw. On the otherhand if it is an OG finale, most players would proably risk permamnet dmage due to an injury just to win the final.. So it will of coures be differnet "thresholds" based on the match when a player decides to not risk playing.
    I agree. The reason why LCW has not applied for such "medical leaves" is largely because he is the one and only badminton hero that MA is depending on now which is a sympathy.

    When we see the various strappings on him when he plays, we should understand why. He has been fighting with his injuries for the sake of winning, and at least he is able to come through with most of the other top players (whom he normally faces) who now harbour a "natural fear" of him which boosts his confidence and his gameplay which is based on such.

    Don't be surprised when we read from the news reports after the World Championship 2011 Finals that LCW suffered leg cramps backstage after his lost to LD.

  5. #6702
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LCW lost again to LD 21-19,12-21,22-20 the Star today page52

  6. #6703
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin59 View Post
    LCW lost again to LD 21-19,12-21,22-20 the Star today page52
    The exhibition was 2 days ago... the Star is pretty slow huh... they didn't even report CPS/GLY's win after they won the Bitburger Open but instead only made a small mention of it after they rose up to number 9 in the world.

  7. #6704
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin59 View Post
    LCW lost again to LD 21-19,12-21,22-20 the Star today page52
    he lost, whts there to report? Anyone knows how much he was paid to appear/ play for the exhibition?

  8. #6705
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    two matches for rm200k paycheck. winner took rm1/2million. PG and TH played one match for rm100k each.

  9. #6706
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good money for sure. Difficult to resist.

    I bet LD will buy him MCD since it's an exhibition. Easier for him to win it.

  10. #6707
    Regular Member Aikachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jesselton
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Good money for sure. Difficult to resist.
    I bet LD will buy him MCD since it's an exhibition. Easier for him to win it.
    Doesn't have to be McD all the time. Pizza Hut, Burger King...

  11. #6708
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LCW = MCD. He's the ambassador.

  12. #6709
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I bet you both of them want to win badly. one for pride of country and LYB and the other the extra 300k and a slap on LYB face.

  13. Likes Blitzzards liked this post
  14. #6710
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No point trying hard to beat LD in front of the crowd and sponsor (Lining racket and shoes buyer). lol. Good pocket money and show some respect to the organiser and those attended the game. Enjoy it.

  15. #6711
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin59 View Post
    I bet you both of them want to win badly. one for pride of country and LYB and the other the extra 300k and a slap on LYB face.
    .
    BWF must be thinking - How come the money is not there for them to promote Badminton to the world, but to promote Badminton in China only?

    This event will definitely encourage more parents in China to encourage their children to take up Badminton as a professional sport more seriously.
    .

  16. #6712
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not bad for a couple of hours work.

  17. #6713
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S.fusion View Post
    Not bad for a couple of hours work.
    .
    You are wrong.

    We need to add up all the thousands of hours of effort that these 4 players have put into their Badminton before they get chosen. Besides, they are also required to be the best players world-wide.

    Other players who have put in thousands of hours and who were not selected to participate, should understand that they are not good enough to earn this type of prize monies.

    This is only my thoughts - about why good prize monies should go to these 4 top players.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-13-2011 at 07:42 PM.

  18. #6714
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    You are wrong.

    We need to add up all the thousands of hours of effort that these 4 players have put into their Badminton before they get chosen. Besides, they are also required to be the best players world-wide.

    Other players who have put in thousands of hours and who were not selected to participate, should understand that they are not good enough to earn this type of prize monies.

    This is only my thoughts - about why good prize monies should go to these 4 top players.
    .
    And I'm wondering why they left CL behind?? not good enough if it's compared to the 4 heavenly king? haha

  19. #6715
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up The 4 Heavenly Kings

    Quote Originally Posted by 57.Christ View Post
    And I'm wondering why they left CL behind?? not good enough if it's compared to the 4 heavenly king? haha
    .
    Good point, Lin Dan should be replaced by Chen Long.

    When they coined the term "The 4 Heavenly Kings", they are thinking of the best players from the 4 regions (currently), from North, South, East and West on planet Earth.

    Currently, Chen Long is ranked higher than Lin Dan. And Sho Sasaki is ranked higher than Taufik Hidayat. Therefore Chen Long and Sho Sasaki should be in, and Lin Dan and Taufik Hidayat should be out.

    But I believe that the organisers are thinking of the best 4 players over the last 5-10 years (and not currently).

    http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955 (as at 10-Nov-2011) shows that;

    No.1 Lee Chong Wei (MAS)
    No.2 Chen Long (CHN)
    No.3 Lin Dan (CHN)
    No.4 Peter Gade (DEN)
    No.5 Chen Jin (CHN)
    No.6 Sho Sasaki (JPN)
    No.7 Nguyen Tien Minh (VIE)
    No.8 Taufik Hidayat (INA)
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-14-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )
    By cobalt in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 804
    : 04-14-2014, 10:25 PM
  2. Li Na ( 李娜 )
    By 2cents in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 43
    : 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  3. Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )
    By Han in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 302
    : 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
  4. To everyone especially those from China: I am 李宗偉,not 李崇偉!
    By Malaysianfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •