User Tag List

Page 397 of 590 FirstFirst ... 297 347 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 447 497 ... LastLast
Results 6,733 to 6,749 of 10016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    So if you are not predicting and using 'perhaps' then you must be guessing

"..... and lose even more convincingly in the next og ... "

This sound like you know something we don't .

How you know he's going to loose 'convincingly'?
    Maybe you missunderstood the remark altogether.. the response was to posters idication theu felt LCW lost the 4-kings on purpose to make it look good.. My remark was that he MAY improve and make a loss look even more convincing in OG if that is his intent ...

Who will win OG I think is to early to even try to predict. Of course the two biggest fvourites are LD and LCW.. And it seems LD is the bigger favourite of the two, as he is the most skilled player.

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Ur logic is amazing.... So LCW should lose more to players other than LD... why he had the worst H2H with LD only?It is because of LD, LCW got that so called mental issue, LD is his nightmare, not mental. LD caused the mental issue, not mental issue caused LD issue....
    LD caused the mental issue thats why the mental issue made him lose to LD

Lose to LD -> Poor mental strength -> Lose more to LD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    ......Who will win OG I think is to early to even try to predict. Of course the two biggest fvourites are LD and LCW.. And it seems LD is the bigger favourite of the two, as he is the most skilled player.

/Twobeer
    It is not just because LD is more skillfull than Dato' that makes him a bigger favourite of them two in next year OG. If we compare their on court fitness to fitness and skill to skill differences now, the margin of differences are very small and the probabilities that LD to win against Dato' in any of his encounters will as the same of the probablities of Dato' chances to win against LD.

What makes LD more highly a favourite to win against Dato' than any other current world player is because LD has a stronger mental attitude while playing Dato', better than any other current world player. With this attitude, he develops himself a positive character that can gain better confidence that influences his gameplay. Even the differences between LD and Dato' is small, but with such character that LD always has while confronting Dato', it's critically signifficant enough to make him a favourite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question for LCW's fans, what part of LCW's game (physical or mental) do you think is better than LD's game?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V1lau View Post
    I have a question for LCW's fans, what part of LCW's game (physical or mental) do you think is better than LD's game?
    Defence. And that's about the only thing unfortunately.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seldom comment on skills because my badminton skill is just very basic.

Apart from against other players which he usually wins, against LD, in the early years, he used to rely on defence against LD's smashes and he lost the battle. Then for the past 2 years or so, he uses more offence (smashes) and couldn't penetrate LD's defence. Anyone have other ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for my opinion is the pressure that's making the difference they are both good players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    I seldom comment on skills because my badminton skill is just very basic.

Apart from against other players which he usually wins, against LD, in the early years, he used to rely on defence against LD's smashes and he lost the battle. Then for the past 2 years or so, he uses more offence (smashes) and couldn't penetrate LD's defence. Anyone have other ideas?
    LCWs Defence is second to none.. But his offense is still not on par with LD, so LD do not need to fear as much as LCW to give intiaives to the other player in the rallies. Also LD varies the game more and is more deceptive in the shot selections than LCW..
    Last edited by twobeer; 11-19-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Defence. And that's about the only thing unfortunately.
    Actually, not really. LCW has better "down the line" defense. LD has better "body" defense.

IMO, LCW has better footwork than LD. That is LCW's sole advantage. LCW's footwork and allows him to cover smashes down the line.

However, when it comes to smashes directed at the body, LD outperforms LCW. I'm not sure if this is because LD smashes harder than LCW, which makes it look like LD has better body defense.

Having said LCW has better footwork than LD, I think LD has better anticipation than LCW. LD's anticipation alone makes up for his slower footwork and allows LD to get to the shuttle just as fast.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    Actually, not really. LCW has better "down the line" defense. LD has better "body" defense.IMO, LCW has better footwork than LD. That is LCW's sole advantage. LCW's footwork and allows him to cover smashes down the line.However, when it comes to smashes directed at the body, LD outperforms LCW. I'm not sure if this is because LD smashes harder than LCW, which makes it look like LD has better body defense.Having said LCW has better footwork than LD, I think LD has better anticipation than LCW. LD's anticipation alone makes up for his slower footwork and allows LD to get to the shuttle just as fast.
    Agree. The difference in outcome depends on match preparations including video homework. Anticipation is not difficult to achieve, you don t have to be brainy, just study the video and have good memory. You can tell from both MAS and INA tactics, they don t know video homework at all. But adding this important component is crucial to winning in a more effortless manner. The fact that LCW can defeat LD 8 times with LD backed up by teammates and first class coaches indicates he is mentally very strong and can adapt his game during matchplay without comprehensive match preparations. The H2H does not matter. Remember, LD does not play LCW if he does not feel confident of winning, that s why he s the only MS with the cowardly mentality. But many fans esp. MAS ones, tend to see LCW as mentally behind. That s not true. If you are one against an army and still even beat them once, you ve gotta be mentally tougher than anyone of them. And LCW have done it 8 times! That s no fluke. That s platinum stuff! His key problem is tactics. That problem can be solved by intelligent video homework. His coaches can t help him because they don t have the intelligence so he has to figure it out himself. (You see the Danes. Generally their skills are less than the top Asian opponents but they can win because of surprise tactics. The Danes have superior tactical intelligence, whether they win depends on how well they execute the tactics.) and the funny thing about MAS fans. Whenever LCW loses to LD, it s always mental! And it s like LCW cannot lose! When LCW gets his tactics right, he wins. All he has to add to his match preparations is watch the videos to know how he has won or lost. The answers are all there. It s the tactics, not the mental!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Agree. The difference in outcome depends on match preparations including video homework. Anticipation is not difficult to achieve, you don t have to be brainy, just study the video and have good memory. You can tell from both MAS and INA tactics, they don t know video homework at all.

His coaches can t help him because they don t have the intelligence so he has to figure it out himself.
    You speak as if there is NO video recording technology in MAS and INA, even with the new Astro Personal Video Recorder technology which is readily available to the masses throughout Malaysia. LCW's coaches can NOT be that dumb and why can LCW himself NOT realise what the wonderful video technology can bring him?

What a BIG FAT JOKE ! LOL

The fact that LCW can defeat LD 8 times with LD backed up by teammates and first class coaches indicates he is mentally very strong and can adapt his game during matchplay without comprehensive match preparations. The H2H does not matter. Remember, LD does not play LCW if he does not feel confident of winning, that s why he s the only MS with the cowardly mentality. But many fans esp. MAS ones, tend to see LCW as mentally behind. That s not true. If you are one against an army and still even beat them once, you ve gotta be mentally tougher than anyone of them. And LCW have done it 8 times! That s no fluke. That s platinum stuff! His key problem is tactics. (You see the Danes. Generally their skills are less than the top Asian opponents but they can win because of surprise tactics. The Danes have superior tactical intelligence, whether they win depends on how well they execute the tactics.) and the funny thing about MAS fans. Whenever LCW loses to LD, it s always mental! And it s like LCW cannot lose! When LCW gets his tactics right, he wins. All he has to add to his match preparations is watch the videos to know how he has won or lost. The answers are all there. It s the tactics, not the mental!
    That sounds more like luck and ample preparation on LCW's side and the human factor in LD creeping in.

By the way how has LD been helped by his team mates during the last encounter with LCW in the Hong Kong Super Series 2011? What theory do you have now? Please enlighten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. The difference in outcome depends on match preparations including video homework. Anticipation is not difficult to achieve, you don t have to be brainy, just study the video and have good memory. You can tell from both MAS and INA tactics, they don t know video homework at all. But adding this important component is crucial to winning in a more effortless manner. The fact that LCW can defeat LD 8 times with LD backed up by teammates and first class coaches indicates he is mentally very strong and can adapt his game during matchplay without comprehensive match preparations. The H2H does not matter. Remember, LD does not play LCW if he does not feel confident of winning, that s why he s the only MS with the cowardly mentality. But many fans esp. MAS ones, tend to see LCW as mentally behind. That s not true. If you are one against an army and still even beat them once, you ve gotta be mentally tougher than anyone of them. And LCW have done it 8 times! That s no fluke. That s platinum stuff! His key problem is tactics. That problem can be solved by intelligent video homework. His coaches can t help him because they don t have the intelligence so he has to figure it out himself. (You see the Danes. Generally their skills are less than the top Asian opponents but they can win because of surprise tactics. The Danes have superior tactical intelligence, whether they win depends on how well they execute the tactics.) and the funny thing about MAS fans. Whenever LCW loses to LD, it s always mental! And it s like LCW cannot lose! When LCW gets his tactics right, he wins. All he has to add to his match preparations is watch the videos to know how he has won or lost. The answers are all there. It s the tactics, not the mental!
    I am curios.. How do you know so much what and whatnot preparations LCW is doing before matches? And what analysis of LDs game he is or isnt doing?? Are you somehow involved in the preparations??

Anyone following LCWs career, knows he has had tremendous help with inside knowledge and tactics on the weaknesses and strengths of LD and the other chineese players in his career from the time he was coached by Li Mao (Ex Chineese Coach that used to coach team China an LD).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am curios.. How do you know so much what and whatnot preparations LCW is doing before matches? And what analysis of LDs game he is or isnt doing?? Are you somehow involved in the preparations??

Anyone following LCWs career, knows he has had tremendous help with inside knowledge and tactics on the weaknesses and strengths of LD and the other chineese players in his career from the time he was coached by Li Mao (Ex Chineese Coach that used to coach team China an LD).
    You statement is making it seem as if pjswift has no idea what he is talking about when he is boasting about LCW's luck against LD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LCW has been at the WR1 position and enjoying success on the SS circuit for so long that he has somewhat let his ego get to him. In the HKO match the one point I remember very clearly is when LCW dived to his backhand side to return a smash, he stayed down far, far too long for a player of his standard should have. He was on the floor, watching comfortably as LD hit the return for 1-2 seconds, only then deciding to get up but couldn't get to the shuttle in time. He needs to take this match as a wake-up call that he can't afford to slack off, not against LD, not against anyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yamsyams View Post
    I think LCW has been at the WR1 position and enjoying success on the SS circuit for so long that he has somewhat let his ego get to him. In the HKO match the one point I remember very clearly is when LCW dived to his backhand side to return a smash, he stayed down far, far too long for a player of his standard should have. He was on the floor, watching comfortably as LD hit the return for 1-2 seconds, only then deciding to get up but couldn't get to the shuttle in time. He needs to take this match as a wake-up call that he can't afford to slack off, not against LD, not against anyone else.
    i know exactly what you mean - that IS a bad habit of LCW's.

i'm glad lcw lost that point - teachs him not to "showboat" on the floor. he should get straight back up and be ready to defend.

didnt show enough respect to LD in that point and LCW got was he deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yamsyams View Post
    haha, yet another armchair critic.. I would see you work as hard as LCW for your goals!!!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

haha, yet another armchair critic.. I would see you work as hard as LCW for your goals!!!
    In a strange and twisted way, I think we're allowed to be a little bit of an armchair critic, because we've bought many Yonex rackets in the past and spent probably many $$$. Rackets being not that expensive to mass produce, a large percentage of that $$$ probably went to r&d and sponsorship. So if a few $ from my rackets went to LCW, I'm allowed to comment on him a little, whether praise or constructive criticism.