User Tag List

Page 399 of 592 FirstFirst ... 299 349 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 449 499 ... LastLast
Results 6,767 to 6,783 of 10055
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cogidubnus View Post
    Totally agree. I'm a big LCW fan, but I have to admit LD is slightly ahead in terms of tactical play, mental toughness and even some aspects of skills, especially sudden explosive attacks. A lot of people say that LCW is on par with LD in all aspects and is just unlucky not to win a big one. It could be true, but to me, luck cannot explain such a big disparity in majors, i.e. 1 OG, 1 AG, 4 WC vs none from LCW, and a head to head of 19-8 (after HK open 11). Maybe LCW is just very slightly behind, but at this level, a slight advantage makes all the difference.
    as i know head to head is 18-8 (17-8 from bwf website + 1 match won by lin dan in asian games 2010), not 19-8. CMIIW (correct me if i am wrong)..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark my word. This is the beginning of a down slide for LCW. Told him to get another coach and he yaya...

The damage is done. Goodbye to Olympic Gold. The statistic holds true. Many big winnings against none.

A shame really.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Mark my word. This is the beginning of a down slide for LCW. Told him to get another coach and he yaya... The damage is done. Goodbye to Olympic Gold. The statistic holds true. Many big winnings against none. A shame really.
    Not so bad. The HKO version of LCW is quite different from the 4Kings exhibition. Don t think he s bothered by the losses. Only the fans who expect him to win all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My suspect is that his fitness is going down more than LD. For CL, he is going up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark my word. This is the beginning of a down slide for LCW. Told him to get another coach and he yaya...

The damage is done. Goodbye to Olympic Gold. The statistic holds true. Many big winnings against none.

A shame really.
    The beginning of the down slide for LCW was right after BWF World Championship 2011... It was the most devastating defeat in the entire professional life of LCW..... It was more devastating than 2008 Olympics final...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A shame really.
    You have a good point here.

Winning is all about preparation and when it comes to preparation its always linked with the type of quality training one getting (or lack of it) and here is where a good coach comes in since we are talking about world class standard.

Also, what separate LD and LCW in the highest level of badminton is their individual knowledge/understanding towards the game and on-the-court intelligence = mental strength, which determined who has the higher percentage in the right selection of shots for most of the game and that's about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LCW must concentrate on reducing his errors, handling of end game, different court draft/light conditions, opponent's time-delay and gamesmanship.

I mean while we all like to talk about LD and LCW strengths/weaknesses, i firmly believe that it is the above that "kills" LCW. I hv lost count of the no of times all his good work and leads in matches against LD are thrown away due to silly errors. Surely it is high time( if Coach Teu had not) to introduce or somehow duplicate real match conditions in training?

Not to mentioned, have anyone noticed Chn players in particular likes to signal for re-serve? also how LD always paced around the court doing this and that to delay time, while LCW rarely ever does that ? this are all just minute stuff but it will all add up because the game at the top is as much a physical as psychological battle.

THat's all for now, hope LCW can "bangkit" for Olympics !!!
    Last edited by betazone; 11-21-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: error

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by betazone View Post
    I think LCW must concentrate on reducing his errors, handling of end game, different court draft/light conditions, opponent's time-delay and gamesmanship.

I mean while we all like to talk about LD and LCW strengths/weaknesses, i firmly believe that it is the above that "kills" LCW. I hv lost count of the no of times all his good work and leads in matches against LD are thrown away due to silly errors. Surely it is high time( if Coach Teu had not) to introduce or somehow duplicate real match conditions in training?
    Unfortunately, LCW doesn't have high quality sparring partners like LD has in the CBA system.

Not to mentioned, have anyone noticed Chn players in particular likes to signal for re-serve? also how LD always paced around the court doing this and that to delay time, while LCW rarely ever does that ? this are all just minute stuff but it will all add up because the game at the top is as much a physical as psychological battle.
    This is more about dictating your own pace and rhythm upon the game, partially hoping to throw off your opponent. Again unfortunately, the players in the CBA system is more aware of such intricacies. For example, Ma Jin and some of the Chinese WD players take like forever to serve... almost feeling like they're posing for a photograph! But yet, that is not illegal, despite the boundaries being pushed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more excuses pls. All the resources are there for him to make use of it. It is his own ignorant and trying to be nice to the coach or vice versa. If the cannot get the GOLD. No one else can be blamed except for these 2 heros. They have lots of money from the Tiger piggy bank. Do what you need to maintain your form and win it.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^^ Those are just simple observations that any of us can make, they are not excuses. If they're not smart enough to be surrounded by friends and players who can provide them these observations and if they're too proud to take these observations into account, then the OG gold is surely out of their reach.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^^^ Those are just simple observations that any of us can make, they are not excuses. If they're not smart enough to be surrounded by friends and players who can provide them these observations and if they're too proud to take these observations into account, then the OG gold is surely out of their reach.
    IMHO, at a match, LCW should just think of playing his very best, and not to worry about winning or losing, and/or about who his opponent is, and/or what BAM think.

The stress that LCW faces is created by himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iqbaljuve View Post
    as i know head to head is 18-8 (17-8 from bwf website + 1 match won by lin dan in asian games 2010), not 19-8. CMIIW (correct me if i am wrong)..........
    the bwf website (horribly maintained) also missed hong kong open 2006, where LD won beating LCW in 3 sets in the final. You can find the match on youtube. hope this helps.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cogidubnus View Post
    the bwf website (horribly maintained) also missed hong kong open 2006, where LD won beating LCW in 3 sets in the final. You can find the match on youtube. hope this helps.
    just wondering.... is tournament software statistics based entirely on BWF's website??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    IMHO, at a match, LCW should just think of playing his very best, and not to worry about winning or losing, and/or about who his opponent is, and/or what BAM think.

The stress that LCW faces is created by himself.
    sorry, chris... i have to slightly disagree with your comment.... thinking about how to win during a match is equally as important as playing your best....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW again didn't play well today. Made so many errors and gifted LD half the match from errors...

What I would like is for LCW is to take a short break, possibly withdrawing from the Macau Open; after that only try to start picking up his form next year, peaking at the Olympics. Don't bother peaking for the AE like what happened this year; LCW was good for the first half of the year but after the WC haven't been able to find the same sort of form since.
    Last edited by undeadshot; 11-26-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    LCW again didn't play well today. Made so many errors and gifted LD half the match from errors...

What I would like is for LCW is to take a short break, possibly withdrawing from the Macau Open; after that only try to start picking up his form next year, peaking at the Olympics. Don't bother peaking for the AE like what happened this year; LCW was good for the first half of the year but after the WC haven't been able to find the same sort of form since.
    i think you're being an bit harsh on lee chongers and more credit is due to LD

his UEs were a result of nerves and the need to hit as tight as shot as possible against LD.

Lin's defence was lacking in the 1st set, when lee's CC "dian sha's" were really hurting Lin, who was slow off the mark and just wasn't prepared for that shot

lin's defence suddenly tightened up in the 2nd set and when the smashes and half smashes were coming back, lee started to get frustrated and even fatigued I would say.

Lin was his usual patient self, content to rally and defend until the opportune moment to hit his trademark CC half smash to finish the point.

it's clear when lin is at his best, he stifles LCW's game, and that's why it's 18-8 in favour of Lin now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.. 千年老二