User Tag List

Page 403 of 666 FirstFirst ... 303 353 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 453 503 ... LastLast
Results 6,835 to 6,851 of 11318
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would be very very difficult from now on, for LCW to win a major title.

If previously it was only Lin Dan, and LCW was repeatedly boosted by his wins when LD was 'injured' walk out etc, or absent, now there is even Chen Long.

Against these 2 chinese, LCW cant perform. And i dont see how LCW can when they meatt next, sigh......

Much as I like LCW to win at least one major in the olympic gold or world title, as expected of his world No 1 rank, i think LCW is like a spent force, chasing the shuttle the wrong way and crazily....susah susah.............

LCW i think i cant rely on you to get the medal anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guy3288 View Post

If previously it was only Lin Dan, and LCW was repeatedly boosted by his wins when LD was 'injured' walk out etc, or absent, now there is even Chen Long.

Against these 2 chinese, LCW cant perform. And i dont see how LCW can when they meatt next, sigh......

Much as I like LCW to win at least one major in the olympic gold or world title, as expected of his world No 1 rank, i think LCW is like a spent force, chasing the shuttle the wrong way and crazily....susah susah.............

I am looking into my crystal ball here:

After OG LCW will go independent, and get a fat contract from a new equipment sponsor (maybe from a large Chineese company :-) ).. Then he will focus more on his powergame, with never tech, and focus on his one and only obstacle CL, and as LD has left the scene he will manage to analyse and beat CL in WC and gets his well deserved win :-) ...

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can we assume AE as a big tournament won by LCW? i know that most of Malaysian media said that LCW havent won any major title in his carrier and they assumed that AE as SS & PSS event only, but in terms of prestige, AE has a long history compared to other tournaments ... for me winning AE can be considered as winning a major title as well... and remember, even the legend like PG won it once way back in 1999 and havent won world title and olympic title... TH won the world title, asian title and olympic title but he still yet to win AE only LD is the most succesful player in the world now winning almost everything I think LCW can still won gold in OG next year provided he able to improve on his fitness and tactical game

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I am looking into my crystal ball here:After OG LCW will go independent, and get a fat contract from a new equipment sponsor (maybe from a large Chineese company :-) ).. Then he will focus more on his powergame, with never tech, and focus on his one and only obstacle CL, and as LD has left the scene he will manage to analyse and beat CL in WC and gets his well deserved win :-) .../Twobeer
    Nah, though CL has come far in the past year, he's no equal to LCW or LD, who are both in their own class. The few times that CL beat LCW was when CL was given w/o by the his team mates in the quarters and semis. So he was well rested to meet LCW in the finals.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LCW is IMO, paying the price for the complacency and outright lack of clear and potent thinking/planning of the people who help shape his professional destiny. Although he can boss over every other player who is even marginally below his level of play... but when it comes to crunch time, he folds up in the face of probing, unforgiving examination by players who have no fear of him, and who are as fast and powerful as him.

His belief system has been subtly altered to the extent that when he plays LD and now CL, he goes in with a defensive mindset. His people have been impotent in resetting his belief system. Its in his eyes, his hesitant clears, weak smashes, his hang-dog expressions, puzzled looks, everything. Sadly, he is not even good at covering up his emotions or mindset when he is under seige; he is openly advertising his mindset to his opponent.

It doesn't matter if a particular player has been "programmed" to beat him or not. If a player can beat LCW consistently, he can beat anyone else. Period. And that is what we have seen recently.

Unless LCW does some very deep soul-searching and comes up with the ways to shed his inhibitions and fears, and be willing to take the fight to the opposing guy without any reservation (and I mean the mental/psychological fight as much as anything else,) he's gonna be history, very soon.

That is IMO the unfortunate but very real situation.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking into my crystal ball here:

After OG LCW will go independent, and get a fat contract from a new equipment sponsor (maybe from a large Chineese company :-) ).. Then he will focus more on his powergame, with never tech, and focus on his one and only obstacle CL, and as LD has left the scene he will manage to analyse and beat CL in WC and gets his well deserved win :-) ...

/Twobeer
    Hopefully LCW can win WC & OG...But a fat deal from Chinese company?
    Erm, Does that mean that after a player has come out from BAM and become independent, are they not allowed to be sponsored by Yonex? As it was the case with MK/HS which is sponsored by Flypower after they left PBSI

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

cobalt:

Yep, imho, I concur with you that all that separates LD from LCW now is in the mental / psychological dept.

And being of Malaysian Chinese origin myself, it pains me to say that LCW won't be able improve upon this aspect any time soon. Definitely not in the next 8 months! It is practically impossible to change the basic character or personality of a person from an introvert who "maybe's" throughout his interviews into a person with an aggresive killer instinct.

Then again, I'm secretly hoping that he's secretly developing a secret weapon/move/psyche that he's saving for the OG 2012. He's just hiding it for now so that no one will know how to counter attack him then. One can always hope.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dato' LCW still has all the qualities to be the next OG and WC winner

Difficult does not mean that Dato' can't win the OG or any major title. Even though his recent repeated defeat to LD and CL is a disappointing scenario, his performance against other players is still superb.

For Dato' to increase his winning probability in any of his future encounters with LD, he needs to maintain his form of performance at the highest level consistently. This is because: (.....hmmm i think i've already posted this somewhere here in BC)

Probability of winning : Dato' in his BEST FORM vs LD in not his BEST FORM : 60% > 40% (Dato')

Probability of winning : Dato' in his BEST FORM vs LD in his BEST FORM :
    45% < 55% (LD)

Probability of winning : Dato' in not his BEST FORM vs LD in his BEST FORM : 30% < 70% (LD)

Probability of winning : Dato' in not his BEST FORM vs LD in not his BEST FORM : 45% < 55% (LD)

Clearly even if Dato' in his best form coincidentally face LD in his best form, it will take all his might to win against LD, not to mention if Dato' in not in his form at all. No doubt that LD is superior than Dato', but then Dato' is no lesser inferior. If Dato' can consistently play well, the chances for him to beat LD is always there and in a long run, the chances for him to come out as a winner will
    favour him more than LD. At this stage, even Chen LONG at his BEST FORM cannot beat him.

He always has all the qualities to beat LD or CL or any player but currently his game play has lost some touch and he needs to be remind to work back all the qualities that he has that made him what he is now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is good that LCW conceded a walkover to A Suppanyu in the 1st round of the Kumpoo Macau Open so as to better prepare himself for the Super Series Masters Finals in Lizhou, China, from 14 to 18 December 2011. If he had played, he would have very little time to recharge. LCW has over-competed since the Denmark Open and he needs the rest. The 2 Chinese qualifiers are smart to take time off.
    Last edited by skchen; 11-29-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW!!! finally, LCW understands his problem!!! he is finally willing to withdraw!!!

there is still hope for LCW!!!! Malaysia BOLEH!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    Difficult does not mean that Dato' can't win the OG or any major title. Even though his recent repeated defeat to LD and CL is a disappointing scenario, his performance against other players is still superb.

For Dato' to increase his winning probability in any of his future encounters with LD, he needs to maintain his form of performance at the highest level consistently. This is because: (.....hmmm i think i've already posted this somewhere here in BC)

Probability of winning : Dato' in his BEST FORM vs LD in not his BEST FORM : 60% > 40% (Dato')

Probability of winning : Dato' in his BEST FORM vs LD in his BEST FORM :
    45% < 55% (LD)

Probability of winning : Dato' in not his BEST FORM vs LD in his BEST FORM : 30% < 70% (LD)

Probability of winning : Dato' in not his BEST FORM vs LD in not his BEST FORM : 45% < 55% (LD)

Clearly even if Dato' in his best form coincidentally face LD in his best form, it will take all his might to win against LD, not to mention if Dato' in not in his form at all. No doubt that LD is superior than Dato', but then Dato' is no lesser inferior. If Dato' can consistently play well, the chances for him to beat LD is always there and in a long run, the chances for him to come out as a winner will
    favour him more than LD. At this stage, even Chen LONG at his BEST FORM cannot beat him.

He always has all the qualities to beat LD or CL or any player but currently his game play has lost some touch and he needs to be remind to work back all the qualities that he has that made him what he is now.
    I think more realistic numbers would be.

LCW best form - LD best form = 35/65
    LCW best form - LD not best form = 60/40
    LCW not best form - LD not best form = 30/70
    LCW not best form - LD best form = 02/98

/T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    It is good that LCW conceded a walkover to A Suppanyu in the 1st round of the Kumpoo Macau Open so as to better prepare himself for the Super Series Masters Finals in Lizhou, China, from 14 to 18 December 2011. If he had played, he would have very little time to recharge. LCW has over-competed since the Denmark Open and he needs the rest. The 2 Chinese qualifiers are smart to take time off.
    LCW the Walkover man

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW the Walkover man
    IMHO, Badminton is going downhill. I posted this in the tournament thread;

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Talking about players who have sent in their entries to participate and then at the last moment made a withdrawal, I am not happy about it (unless it is because of injuries).

I would tell LCW and LD (and many other top players) that they shouldn't send in their entries if they are unsure of playing.

Why? Because there are many lower ranked players wishing to participate in the tournament, but they were told that entries were full (taken up by higher ranked players), and their entries were rejected.

Besides, spectators who have bought tickets to watch the top players to perform won't be happy either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    IMHO, Badminton is going downhill. I posted this in the tournament thread;

I think the players' coaches and their national bodies are responsible, not the players unless they are independent players like TH and MK/HS.
    To be fair, no one can foresee the players' health situation, come tournament time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    LCW is IMO, paying the price for the complacency and outright lack of clear and potent thinking/planning of the people who help shape his professional destiny. Although he can boss over every other player who is even marginally below his level of play... but when it comes to crunch time, he folds up in the face of probing, unforgiving examination by players who have no fear of him, and who are as fast and powerful as him.

His belief system has been subtly altered to the extent that when he plays LD and now CL, he goes in with a defensive mindset. His people have been impotent in resetting his belief system. Its in his eyes, his hesitant clears, weak smashes, his hang-dog expressions, puzzled looks, everything. Sadly, he is not even good at covering up his emotions or mindset when he is under seige; he is openly advertising his mindset to his opponent.

It doesn't matter if a particular player has been "programmed" to beat him or not. If a player can beat LCW consistently, he can beat anyone else. Period. And that is what we have seen recently.

Unless LCW does some very deep soul-searching and comes up with the ways to shed his inhibitions and fears, and be willing to take the fight to the opposing guy without any reservation (and I mean the mental/psychological fight as much as anything else,) he's gonna be history, very soon.

That is IMO the unfortunate but very real situation.
    Thanks for the insightful analysis. To be slightly contrarian, I just think that he is well and truly exhausted, both mentally and physically, from a gruelling 2011 tournament calendar, and especially after the World Championships. I am somewhat pleased that he withdrew from the Macau Open to rejuvenate. I would be even more pleased if he can withdraw from the Super Series finals, though I doubt the BWF would let him. He needs to start enjoying the game more instead of applying too much pressure on himself. I don't believe he has anything much to prove anymore, not even winning the WC or Olympics. I can understand the drive and determination, but sometimes one has to step back and to start waking up every morning smiling instead of battling one's personal demons on the badminton court every waking hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voltric View Post
    Thanks for the insightful analysis. To be slightly contrarian, I just think that he is well and truly exhausted, both mentally and physically, from a gruelling 2011 tournament calendar, and especially after the World Championships. I am somewhat pleased that he withdrew from the Macau Open to rejuvenate. I would be even more pleased if he can withdraw from the Super Series finals, though I doubt the BWF would let him. He needs to start enjoying the game more instead of applying too much pressure on himself. I don't believe he has anything much to prove anymore, not even winning the WC or Olympics. I can understand the drive and determination, but sometimes one has to step back and to start waking up every morning smiling instead of battling one's personal demons on the badminton court every waking hour.

LCW has just announced that he will retire after the 2013 World Championships.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2012 OG Gold Medal & 2013 1st place WC is a sweeter goodbye for LCW...