User Tag List

Page 404 of 592 FirstFirst ... 304 354 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 454 504 ... LastLast
Results 6,852 to 6,868 of 10061
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    2012 OG Gold Medal & 2013 1st place WC is a sweeter goodbye for LCW...
    All LCW's fans hope that will be the crowning glory of his illustrious 'career'.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    All LCW's fans hope that will be the crowning glory of his illustrious 'career'.
    Eh? Only one small iiity biity obstacle though: LD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From AFP Sports

The Chinese Badminton Association is still reeling from Lin Dan's shock "exit" in the 2013 World Championships after LCW won in straight sets against Chen Long in the final. In the post match interview Head Coach Li Yongbo attributed it to a tactical error in strategy during the quarter finals.

"We thought Lin Dan was playing so well in the 1st and 2nd rounds that I instructed him to feign another tummy ache and give a walkover to his opponent Chen Long so that he can be well rested for the next tournament. However, I also forgot that this was the World Championships instead of the Singapore Open, so I am afraid I have to be blamed for this fiasco," the dejected coach said in a post-match press conference. "Next year I will definitely remember which tournament he is playing in."

LCW confirmed his retirement a few minutes after his victory. "It's really great to win this, and I have Li Yong Bo to thank for letting Lin Dan give a walkover in the quarter finals. Our Team Strategy worked really well - we were distributing Singapore Open pamphlets in the Chinese camp during the night while they were sleeping. I guess everyone woke up thinking it was the Singapore Open. Malaysia Boleh!"

AFP / Reuters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow.. jokers..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    LCW the Walkover man
    LCW just proves that what Chris-ccc imagines about him can come true! Powerful stuff, Chris.The sad thing about LCW doing a CHN is that his lawyer boss did not know how to lie about the walkover. Walkover to prevent an injury instead of walkover because of an injury! If BWF accepts that reason, then we can expect walkovers galore since there s no need for doctors to certify. Now instead of lawyers being known as professional liars, NCC change the impression to lawyers are white liars.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    LCW just proves that what Chris-ccc imagines about him can come true! Powerful stuff, Chris.The sad thing about LCW doing a CHN is that his lawyer boss did not know how to lie about the walkover. Walkover to prevent an injury instead of walkover because of an injury! If BWF accepts that reason, then we can expect walkovers galore since there s no need for doctors to certify. Now instead of lawyers being known as professional liars, NCC change the impression to lawyers are white liars.
    Tell you what; I am really lost about how Badminton is organised.

Some people say that for Badminton to be a popular sport to follow (like Tennis), why not just copy how Tennis tournaments are conducted?

But it looks like BWF, Badminton Associations and players want to reject the way Tennis is managed.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 12-01-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Light and easy 2012 for Lee

01 December 2011
    http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...or-lee-1.13407

Excerpts:

The World No 1, who on Tuesday withdrew from the Macau Open due to physical and mental exhaustion, has been far from his best in recent tournaments after a gruelling season.

This is a situation the BA of Malaysia (BAM) does not want when the 29-year-old begins his quest to win Malaysia its first ever gold medal at the London Games next year.

Deputy president Datuk Dr Mohamed Al-Amin Abdul Majid, who spoke at the launch of the Maybank Malaysian Open yesterday, said BAM would prepare a programme to keep Chong Wei fresh for the London challenge.

"Chong Wei is not getting any younger and for a player at this stage of his career, he needs proper rest and recovery to keep on performing well," said Al-Amin.

"His coaches will have to look into changing his programme to one that will keep him in top shape for the Olympics, which may mean playing less tournaments."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Light and easy 2012 for Lee

01 December 2011
    http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...or-lee-1.13407

Excerpts:

The World No 1, who on Tuesday withdrew from the Macau Open due to physical and mental exhaustion, has been far from his best in recent tournaments after a gruelling season.
    Interestingly, LCW won all his matches in easy 2 sets at the HK SS and Shanghai SSP against all his opponents, except against LD.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    Interestingly, LCW won all his matches in easy 2 sets at the HK SS and Shanghai SSP against all his opponents, except against LD.
    interesting..... for the last 24 months, LD often loses to (or withdraw in the face of) lower-ranked players (ie, those not in top8) in SS and SSP....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post

His belief system has been subtly altered to the extent that when he plays LD and now CL, he goes in with a defensive mindset. His people have been impotent in resetting his belief system. Its in his eyes, his hesitant clears, weak smashes, his hang-dog expressions, puzzled looks, everything. Sadly, he is not even good at covering up his emotions or mindset when he is under seige; he is openly advertising his mindset to his opponent.

Unless LCW does some very deep soul-searching and comes up with the ways to shed his inhibitions and fears, and be willing to take the fight to the opposing guy without any reservation (and I mean the mental/psychological fight as much as anything else,) he's gonna be history, very soon.

Very well-said here by Cobalt.
    LCW's body language when he plays against LD is very different to when he plays against other players. He really does not have much confidence when it comes to playing against LD.

The other comment that I will make here is this....
    When it comes to court-skills and physical speed, I don't think that LD tops LCW.
    However, what LD has is also a badminton brain that can think quickly to best utilise his skills on court against the specific player that he is playing against. I am not convinced that LCW has this same kind of mental skill.

Unfortunately for us LCW and Malaysia fans, I am also not convinced that LCW can develop these mental abilities for OG2012. The best that we can hope for is that LCW will be in peak condition, and that LD is not in peak condition should they play in OG2012, or that LD somehow lose to a lower ranked player before playing against LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeShuttler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt
    His belief system has been subtly altered to the extent that when he plays LD and now CL, he goes in with a defensive mindset. His people have been impotent in resetting his belief system. Its in his eyes, his hesitant clears, weak smashes, his hang-dog expressions, puzzled looks, everything. Sadly, he is not even good at covering up his emotions or mindset when he is under seige; he is openly advertising his mindset to his opponent.

Unless LCW does some very deep soul-searching and comes up with the ways to shed his inhibitions and fears, and be willing to take the fight to the opposing guy without any reservation (and I mean the mental/psychological fight as much as anything else,) he's gonna be history, very soon.
    Very well-said here by Cobalt.
    LCW's body language when he plays against LD is very different to when he plays against other players. He really does not have much confidence when it comes to playing against LD.

The other comment that I will make here is this....
    When it comes to court-skills and physical speed, I don't think that LD tops LCW.
    However, what LD has is also a badminton brain that can think quickly to best utilise his skills on court against the specific player that he is playing against. I am not convinced that LCW has this same kind of mental skill.

Unfortunately for us LCW and Malaysia fans, I am also not convinced that LCW can develop these mental abilities for OG2012. The best that we can hope for is that LCW will be in peak condition, and that LD is not in peak condition should they play in OG2012, or that LD somehow lose to a lower ranked player before playing against LCW.
    Well it is the chicken and the egg thing.. LCW beat CL 5 times in a row. and even with 21-9,21-9 in Malaysian Open 2011.. So I cannot really see how his confidence before loosing to CL in Japan Open could be bad really. I think his confidence is tarnished because of the losses, not the other way around, that his losses is caused by lack of confidence...

LCW and his team needs to do a better job of analysing the tactics and sharpen up his arsenal with more deception and more power if he wants to beat LD/CL.
    .. IF LD/CL can pin him to the back of the court without much fear of LCWs overhead, then they can just take their time, even if LCWs defence is second to none..

If he thinks he can win over LD just by "thinking positive" he is done fore come OG!!
    Last edited by twobeer; 12-04-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    2012 OG Gold Medal & 2013 1st place WC is a sweeter goodbye for LCW...
    Indeed a fantastic achievement to be added inside his resume before he resign. Nevertheless, how huge the expectation people wants for Dato' to be the 1st Malaysia player to win an OG and WC, such expectation, in which Dato himself knows very well will just turn into an added physchological stress especially when its near to the competition day.

We just hope from now until the OG and also the WC, he just
    - can be at his peak performance
    - free from injury
    - free from any unnecessary BAM demands/policy/coaching issue/CTC directive and drama....
    - Take whatever positive side of the story in any case you lost again to LD to improve your strength
    - Take whatever negative side of the story in any case if you win to LD to further strengthen your weakness
    - Continously seek consultation with Datuk MIsbun
    - Do a lot of charity as good men are always bless in whatever they do.....
    - and play the best you can and pray that you win the OG and WC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Armchair quarter-back" advices for LCW:

1. Get his eyes and ears check thoroughly. His spatial awareness / judgement of line calls is horrible for a top player.
    2. Practice in courts with various wind drafts. He played shockingly poorly on the side with the wind draft advantage at both KO and WC, the two tight matches that LCW could have won, only if he dealt with the wind draft better.
    3. Think about gambling with two-game matches. LD is a slow starter. LCW has a good chance to win the first game. LD is a physical monster with nerve of steel. It's best not to tempt LD in a third game. LCW should really think about giving up the 3rd game all together and conditioning himself to put everything into the first two games.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@RedShuttle...

Beg to differ on the spatial awareness thing. His judgement is always mostly spot-on when he plays the other 98% of the crowd. Its only when he gets nervous and unsure and pulled out of his comfort zone that he starts leaving marginal shots, half out of hopefulness, half from indecisiveness - look at his expressions, his body-language at that moment...

On your point #3: What really irks me is that LCW used to be the absolute master of defence -- the ultimate returning machine. For him to last 3 gruelling games per match was kinda a default setting for the guy. Now he pants, sweats, gasps, heaves agaisnt those 2% opponents. Its not that he isn't capable of matching them. He and his trainers and coaches are doing something very wrong, IMO. He needs to get back into really hard-core training.

Also on the training subject, if any of those "brains" surrounding him can identify flashpoints and core issues of the main threats, and come up with a workable, winning strategy, it would help...

But, - and I'm going to say this gently - he needs to be put entirely out of his comfort zone. But that's not going to happen, because there are too many wheels within wheels.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@cobalt...

On #1, it may also be that LCW is so quick at getting into position to have the luxury of making a decision while most other players would have given up already or just swing at it. Against the other 98%, LCW has so much advantage such that bad line judgements are inconsequential to the outcome of the game.

On #3, from a badminton fan's perspective, I am actually nervous that LCW will just flame out before the duel at the summit at the London Olympics. While LD toned down the physical element in his game since the Beijing Olympics, LCW drove himself to such physical extreme that the expiration date of his sporting life may have been advanced a few years. His huffing and puffing may be the sign of his over-extending himself.

Therefore, I think that it is unwise for LCW to challenge LD physically in a three game match. LCW's best bet is to gather all he has to catch LD by surprise in two games.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Catch LD by surprise? A bit of wishful thinking, perhaps?

LD is a guy who thinks/evaluates every couple of points on court. He thinks on his feet. The last time they met (China Open?) LCW led 4-0 or something in game 1; you could actually see him (LD) working out what he was doing wrong, and then he did what he could always count on -- play the patient game, plant the seeds and wait for LCW to implode through doubt, insecurity, worry...

Y'see, it is LCW who is mentally the weaker one here, and what's worse, he knows it. Even worse, he has no team in his corner with the intelligence or the resources, or the single-minded drive to strategize correctly. Its all hit-and-miss and bluster for the most part. In short, a mess.

For a 2-game strategy, LCW needs to be able to maintain physical, mental, psychological pressure, as well as play better! Better that is, than LD. Right now, he can fulfil none of those 4 requirements. The worst thing his people can do is just encourage him by saying he is the best, rather than push him more regularly out of his comfort zone. Because it is only there that he will learn any lessons of consequence.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@cobalt:

You keep talking about pushing himself out of his comfort zone, don't you think that losing to LD 3 times in a row counts as just that?

Hopefully he and his "team" will have learnt something from these episodes to counter LD come OG 2012 in Aug...
    Last edited by visor; 12-05-2011 at 10:10 PM.