User Tag List

Page 405 of 589 FirstFirst ... 305 355 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 455 505 ... LastLast
Results 6,869 to 6,885 of 10013
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @cobalt:

You keep talking about pushing himself out of his comfort zone, don't you think that losing to LD 3 times in a row counts as just that?

Hopefully he and his "team" will have learnt something from these episodes to counter LD come OG 2012 in Aug...
    Here's where I see the root cause of his stagnation on the top, if you will...

It takes a person of exceptional mental capability to push himself out of his comfort zone. I doubt LCW can do this. Maybe he could, once-upon-a-time. That is why top pros have a team of pro people around them. Coaches, trainers, physios, mental conditioning, analysts, planners etc. Building the correct team to achieve synergy is inself an art, IMO. With all due respect to MAS badminton (as distinct from the buffoons who run BAM) what does LCW have?

Now look over at the other end. What does LD have? I rest my case.

Without a proper, functional, result-oriented team in place, all that LCW learns from losing thrice-in-a-row to LD, is that he is not as good as LD. Sadly, he appears to be taking that lesson to heart! And again, I blame the people around him for mishandling him.

Incapable, inept or incompetent? Take your pick. Each time I see TSB sitting slouched on the chair, yawning, it frankly boils my blood. I don't have anything against him personally, but I ask myself: is this the best BAM could come up with? Wheels within wheels? Then look at the other end: two coaches, one of them an ex-champion, always on the edge of their seats, proactively engaging with their man regardless of the fact that he is possibly the best player ever. Where would you place your last dime?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW should go all out to win the first set, if LD wins the first then LCW most probably will crumble under the pressure.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's all mental and psychological.... the lost at WC2011 was the most devastating for LCW.... he literally lost the World Championship by a few millimeters...

LCW needs a sports psychologist who can analyse his mental weaknesses thoroughly.... possibly a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist who can help him heal the mental wounds sustained (or triggered) at WC2011...

After properly healing the wounds, he needs to develop an aggressive and dominating personality...

The last step and the most important step is this... he needs to become ruthless... He needs to see himself as a lion and LD as a prey... no mercy..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2011 BWF Male Player of the Year Nominees

http://bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=56518Based on the online poll that had been made online, LCW is able to won the highest vote, 12% ahead of Lin Dan.
    Last edited by xsakurax; 12-06-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xsakurax View Post
    http://bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=56518Based on the online poll that had been made online, LCW is able to won the highest vote, 12% ahead of Lin Dan.
    Not surprising since LCW does not have the bad PR associated with LD due to walkovers etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    it's all mental and psychological.... the lost at WC2011 was the most devastating for LCW.... he literally lost the World Championship by a few millimeters...

LCW needs a sports psychologist who can analyse his mental weaknesses thoroughly.... possibly a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist who can help him heal the mental wounds sustained (or triggered) at WC2011...

After properly healing the wounds, he needs to develop an aggressive and dominating personality...

The last step and the most important step is this... he needs to become ruthless... He needs to see himself as a lion and LD as a prey... no mercy..
    Yeah, he is starting by not agreeing to change shuttles First time I ever saw him do that in the recent China SS vs Tago.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    how u know he need a cbt?
    u have a lesen?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    lol
    how u know he need a cbt?
    u have a lesen?
    I wish I have some CBT.... everyone needs some

it's very expensive in HK!!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I have some CBT.... everyone needs some

it's very expensive in HK!!!!
    if u really think everyone needs some,then u need a CT

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wish I have some CBT.... everyone needs some it's very expensive in HK!!!!
    No kidding! All those singers, movie stars and celebrities driving up the demand!
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    if u really think everyone needs some,then u need a CT
    Do I detect some counter transference and childhood separation issues here? (just kidding! )

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    No kidding! All those singers, movie stars and celebrities driving up the demand! Do I detect some counter transference and childhood separation issues here? (just kidding! )
    i think it more on irrational thoughts, that's why need a CT

as for those artist,its depend on their mental health and ability to adjust and cope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    LCW the Walkover man
    And a copy cat too ...copy from Lin Dan of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Each time I see TSB sitting slouched on the chair, yawning, it frankly boils my blood.
    At least Misbun took copious notes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voltric View Post
    At least Misbun took copious notes.
    That's right. Why not TSB and RS? Several Chinese coaches do that as well. Why won't they? Rexy too take notes (when he was still coaching Koo-Tan, not sure if he still do in WD).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Here's where I see the root cause of his stagnation on the top, if you will...

It takes a person of exceptional mental capability to push himself out of his comfort zone. I doubt LCW can do this. Maybe he could, once-upon-a-time. That is why top pros have a team of pro people around them. Coaches, trainers, physios, mental conditioning, analysts, planners etc. Building the correct team to achieve synergy is inself an art, IMO. With all due respect to MAS badminton (as distinct from the buffoons who run BAM) what does LCW have?

Now look over at the other end. What does LD have? I rest my case.

Without a proper, functional, result-oriented team in place, all that LCW learns from losing thrice-in-a-row to LD, is that he is not as good as LD. Sadly, he appears to be taking that lesson to heart! And again, I blame the people around him for mishandling him.

Incapable, inept or incompetent? Take your pick. Each time I see TSB sitting slouched on the chair, yawning, it frankly boils my blood. I don't have anything against him personally, but I ask myself: is this the best BAM could come up with? Wheels within wheels? Then look at the other end: two coaches, one of them an ex-champion, always on the edge of their seats, proactively engaging with their man regardless of the fact that he is possibly the best player ever. Where would you place your last dime?
    one of the best replies I have seen in BC.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

duplicate post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CW's defeat to LD was due to fatigue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    Interestingly, LCW won all his matches in easy 2 sets at the HK SS and Shanghai SSP against all his opponents, except against LD.

LCW and his coach further clarified today at KL that CW's continuos loss to LD, starting from WC, was due to fatigue!

See link below:http://sports.sinchew-i.com/node/20284

Ok, CW used a lot of energy in defeating all opponent in 2 sets prior to facing LD (who must saved a lot of energy by sometimes defeat his opponent in long 3 sets), so suddenly became fatigue when playing LD...

So fans please no more blame on mental issues, ok? It's fatigue!!!