User Tag List

Page 417 of 592 FirstFirst ... 317 367 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 467 517 ... LastLast
Results 7,073 to 7,089 of 10055
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    So what is preventing LCW from "only needs to stay focused and to stay confident to win his matches."
    It is because LCW's coaches and BAM keep telling him that players from China (LD, CL and CJ) are strong (just read the many press releases from the Malaysian media).

This has always hampered LCW's confidence.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    It is because LCW's coaches and BAM keep telling him that players from China (LD, CL and CJ) are strong (just read the many press releases from the Malaysian media).

I won't argue that!

But I'd like to add:
    It is because he cannot confidently read the play of LD and CL any longer, but they can read his play. His style, including his feints, have become predictable. His speed of play, and his change of speed are often telegraphed; he can carry it off against most other players who are not equipped to take full advantage of this knowledge all the time. But what is more damning is that he and his team have not been able to analyse the (CBA) opponent's strategy mid-game.

The opponents know his trigger movements; his reflex counters; they can now plan tactics to put him off his rhythm; induce doubt; create confusion. Half the battle is won right there. The rest, as you know, is history.

Now let's see. BAM should know LD's trigger movements; his reflex counters; they should be able to plan tactics to put him off his rhythm; induce doubt; create confusion; win half the battle right there. LCW is the right man to carry out the war to its successful conclusion. What has BAM been doing? Sitting on their collective thumb, that's what.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now let's see. BAM should know LD's trigger movements; his reflex counters; they should be able to plan tactics to put him off his rhythm; induce doubt; create confusion; win half the battle right there. LCW is the right man to carry out the war to its successful conclusion. What has BAM been doing? Sitting on their collective thumb, that's what.
    I am sure BAM know LD's trigger movements. But how to plan tactics to put LD off his rhythm, I am doubtful that BAM have found the answer.

Misbun Sidek once said for LCW to keep rallying with LD (in order to gain an advantage - Misbun was assuming that LCW has better stamina than LD); but it wasn't successful.

Now, without Misbun, I don't really know what tactics BAM would employ, and to tell LCW what to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you are correct... Some 4 years ago, LCW did blame Yap Kim Hock for asserting too much pressure on him. And then later, YKH was removed.

Later, BAM also put on pressure on Misbun to get LCW going. Thinking about it, somehow BAM never put on pressure on LCW. In this way, perhaps LCW is spoilt by BAM.

At the time when Misbun resigned from the BAM set-up, and Taufik also resigned from the Pelatnas set-up. I was also hoping that LCW would leave BAM to go independent too (This was because LCW did mention that he might go independent too).

Now, rewinding the clock to think about it, I guess it could have been better if LCW have gone independent. I think LCW should do better if he thinks of winning matches for himself first, and not thinking of winning for Malaysia, BAM, his coaches, etc, etc,......

LCW should think of himself as boss, and should only blame himself when not performing well.
    Staying with BAM, LCW gets all is training expenses and wish lists covered by BAM (err, actually MAS tax-payers), he knows he is the only chap that BAM can hopes to score the gold i.e. he got BAM by the balls, LCW gets paid huge bonuses by being WR1 from BAM, the going is good as he can continue to milk the cow so who why risk it all to go independent and to prove what, prove that he is loyal to MS, money talks and LCW is a smarter than you or maybe his folks straighten him up to stay with BAM, and who knows what influence LCW connections with the PM and his wife, fans are thinking too much of glory to MAS, this is professional sport, milk it when the going is good as when it all ends, that is it folks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure BAM know LD's trigger movements. But how to plan tactics to put LD off his rhythm, I am doubtful that BAM have found the answer.

Misbun Sidek once said for LCW to keep rallying with LD (in order to gain an advantage - Misbun was assuming that LCW has better stamina than LD); but it wasn't successful.

Now, without Misbun, I don't really know what tactics BAM would employ, and to tell LCW what to do.
    In OLY2008, LCW admitted he had no clue how to play LD in his post-game interview as LD was too fast, too good, too focus, too well prepared, too much of everything to play LCW, and MS at LCW side could offer no advice either. Today, much the same thing but one more hurdle in CL to overcome. 8 months to go to solve this puzzle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think even without BAM's reminder, LCW already knew and has experienced first hand how formidable the Chinese are. Pls don't make this into an excuse and blame it on BAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW's condition has been commented on by Gill Clark and Iain Wright especially with regards to long rallies where LCW appears to be panting.
    Someone on his BCer blog on TH has said that TH has been smoking and he hoped that TH has not influenced LCW, his good friend, with the bad habit. I share his sentiment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    LCW's condition has been commented on by Gill Clark and Iain Wright especially with regards to long rallies where LCW appears to be panting.
    Someone on his BCer blog on TH has said that TH has been smoking and he hoped that TH has not influenced LCW, his good friend, with the bad habit. I share his sentiment.
    Not just Gill Clark and Iain Wright, even Morten Frost commented on this matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW, now it's LCW's conditioning, really?! Have you seen LCW, I think he must be like 2 or 3% body fat! The only time I've ever seen LCW breathing hard is against LD, because both of them have incredible conditioning.

It's not that LCW is not willing, he might just not be able to beat LD consistently enough to satisfy the unrealistic expectations that Malaysian fan's have of their Datuk.

Give the guy a break, I mean if it weren't for LCW, I wouldn't even know Malaysian loved badminton so much. As for Bam, I'm still awaiting an answer to where you think LCW has an advantage over LD?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, isnt that the usual stuff the BAM big wigs will do? After LCW retire, you just wait & see what excuse they will give for players non performance esp MS dept.I personally hope Zulfadli will do well in senior stage to shake up the "sitting on collective thumb" types in BAM management.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Silver in Olympic Games 2008
    Silver in All England 2009
    Silver in Asian Games 2010
    Silver in World Championship 2011

I cant imagine how this will impact LCW's morale if Lin Dan is prepared to end his winning streak in Malaysia Open 2012.

Unfortunately you missed out a priceless one captured earlier this year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let me get this straight. If LD was from Malaysian and LCW was from China, LCW would have won the Olympics, 4 World Champs and have a head to head of 20 something to 8? Also the reason for this lopsided head to head is because CBA has so many more advantages over BAM, and not that LD happens to be freak of nature?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should tell your Datuk to spend more time with Nicol David?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised that you said this.

BAM (actually more the coaches and those who are recruited to assist him) would have
    done well to have identified the problem for LCW. But have they? Is it just a matter of fitness - speed and stamina, deficiency in mental strength, etc. If so this should not be too difficult to overcome.

Or the main issue is LCW himself?

My point is whether the real problems have been identified.
    If so, those involved in LCW's welfare would have found the answers by now and LCW would have shown much better progress.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V1lau View Post
    Maybe you should tell your Datuk to spend more time with Nicol David?
    If Nicol David is to give advice to LCW, she would probably tell him to move to Amsterdam, the Netherlands, to train (just like what she has done).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

If Nicol David is to give advice to LCW, she would probably tell him to move to Amsterdam, the Netherlands, to train (just like what she has done).
    ... With Nicol?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    I'm surprised that you said this.

BAM (actually more the coaches and those who are recruited to assist him) would have done well to have identified the problem for LCW. But have they? Is it just a matter of fitness - speed and stamina, deficiency in mental strength, etc. If so this should not be too difficult to overcome.

Or the main issue is LCW himself?

My point is whether the real problems have been identified. If so, those involved in LCW's welfare would have found the answers by now and LCW would have shown much better progress.
    Question: BAM (actually more the coaches and those who are recruited to assist him) would have done well to have identified the problem for LCW. But have they?

Loh, don't get me wrong; I am not saying that the coaches in BAM are not good enough.

What I am saying is: Because coaches employed by BAM know that BAM is formed and managed politically, the coaches would only say things what BAM like to hear.

The coaches that have said things that BAM don't like to hear, often leave BAM when their contracts get expired, like Li Mao, Misbun Sidek, Cheah Soon Kit, Yap Kim Hock, etc, etc, ......

Question: Or the main issue is LCW himself?

Even LCW cannot say much against BAM. If he wants to say anything against BAM, LCW would be getting ready to leave BAM too (just like those coaches who have left BAM in the past).