User Tag List

Page 419 of 590 FirstFirst ... 319 369 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 469 519 ... LastLast
Results 7,107 to 7,123 of 10016
  1. #7107
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,579
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bogensaebel View Post
    Do you think if Phelps train from childhood in poor countries he will be like he is today? Don't be too realistic for the sake of arguments...

    I rather see this is going more drifted from the topic which I join this forum for, BADMINTON..I'm not gonna talk Kenya, Jamaica, Phelps anymore...

    GO LCW GO for OG12!!!!!
    .
    Thanks for stopping our debate here.

    Since you are cheering for LCW, how would answer the question in this LCW's thread?; found located at:

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...il-the-2012-OG
    .

  2. #7108
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    ...very expensive... at taxpayers' expense and very likely will not bring back Olympic medals.
    They are in the 'potential OG medal' list due to their good results - Commonwealth & Asian Games gold medalist(which Msia was not before). For track cycling, CWG is more competitive than Asian Games. Chicken & egg thing. Personally I think if they had trained in Msia, including Nicol David, they would not have achieved what they did due to the politics in sports, immense pressure,etc,etc.
    For those who dont know, track cycling & diving train overseas train overseas the initial reason was lack of good facilities in Msia. And...the overseas stints delivered results.

    So-> our Datuk LCW - for badminton, we never try before I think. Though I dont think training in China is good idea,perhaps other countries like INA. Dont have to use taxpayers money, use private sponsor - that's why lah uncle, better dont use taxpayers money

  3. #7109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    From Lee Chong Wei
    To: OldBadFan
    .............
    Your humble servant,
    Chong Wei.
    Greetings to you too,cobalt,

    Ouch! Youve stuck a prick in my ass by using LCWs name to get atmy throat. Do you really need to do that?

    Anyways, back to the point. Youve set a very good example forwhat I wish to see from your greatest LCW. Self esteem, courage and sheerdetermination. Honestly, do you see enough of those qualities in the LCW oftoday? I would say yes but just not enough. Those qualities are in borne andself instilled. They arent taught or learned

    You wouldnt know if you have succeeded in getting at mythroat but at least you stood your ground and showed me you are a tough nutrather than I being the one difficult to crack.

    Did you have anyone behind you for your cause of action? Iguess probably not. So who is to be blamed if you do not get my response? Itdoesnt matter but the important thing is you will always be ready for me; any time,any day.

  4. #7110
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,664
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @ OldBadFan,

    Don't misunderstand, my "letter" wasn't meant to be really personal or an attack! It's just a device that any writer can use from time to time to present a point of view but it does need to be done properly and in good taste. I hope I have not offended you!

    I am just stating the case as I see it. I am trying to take as much of an honest and progressive viewpoint as is possible for me, based on my observations. Often, this does not go down too well with many people!

  5. #7111
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    @ OldBadFan,




    Don't misunderstand, my "letter" wasn't meant to be really personal or an attack! It's just a device that any writer can use from time to time to present a point of view but it does need to be done properly and in good taste. I hope I have not offended you!

    I am just stating the case as I see it. I am trying to take as much of an honest and progressive viewpoint as is possible for me, based on my observations. Often, this does not go down too well with many people!
    Another very very good example, my friend. The sight of your rivalry alone had put you on the defensive. That alone, you have lost momentum, and in doubt with your own objective. Who's is to blame?

    Don't worry, I did my homework. I've read through a lot of your post sometimes over and over to at least get hold of your character. It had served me right, you aren't "a hard boiled egg". If I'm offended; I wouldn't even bother to reply.

    I hope by now you understood my point. LCW has to got do his own homework. If he forever relies on assistance, he might get the wrong idea/s but at the end of the day; he and only he is to be blamed. "God help those who help themselves".

    With your apologetic post I have succeeded in making another friend and had given me the confidence that I shall be welcome around.

  6. #7112
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,664
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldBadFan View Post
    Another very very good example, my friend. The sight of your rivalry alone had put you on the defensive. That alone, you have lost momentum, and in doubt with your own objective. Who's is to blame?

    Don't worry, I did my homework. I've read through a lot of your post sometimes over and over to at least get hold of your character. It had served me right, you aren't "a hard boiled egg". If I'm offended; I wouldn't even bother to reply.

    I hope by now you understood my point. LCW has to got do his own homework. If he forever relies on assistance, he might get the wrong idea/s but at the end of the day; he and only he is to be blamed. "God help those who help themselves".

    With your apologetic post I have succeeded in making another friend and had given me the confidence that I shall be welcome around.
    I've been fully aware of the parallels you were drawing between the "conversations" here and the "shortcomings" of someone else! That does not come in the way of my being civil, and putting you at ease. Generally, a friend is much easier to stab in the back, (or to let down - take your pick) than a rival.

    But to your point about assistance for LCW... it is not asistance; it is team effort. I really need to stress this. I'm not sure you really appreciate what goes into the making of a champion. BAM got away with an essentially flawed program for him because they cashed in on his almost unreal physical and athletic abilities; they put all their money on the fact that enhancing his awesome strengths would complete mask his weaknesses. It didn't work. Now they are on the verge of losing the entire table. And you want LCW to pick up the tab??? I don't think so.

    If you have been reading my posts, you should be familiar with this verse:
    But you who philosophize disgrace and criticize all fears
    Take the rag away from your face
    Now ain't the time for your tears.

    Soon the time will come to sing the final verse.

  7. #7113
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Lee Chong Wei can take advice from Misbun Sidek, says national coach Tey Seu Bock

    http://blogs.bettor.com/Lee-Chong-We...u-Bock-a120322

    Posted By:
    Shaun Hector

    Badminton News
    Lee Chong Wei can take advice from Misbun Sidek, says national coach Tey Seu Bock

    Malaysias Singles national coach, Tey Seu Bock, who is the official coach of the World Number One, Lee Chong Wei, said that he has no objection if the player wants to take advice from the former national coach, Misbun Sidek.

    However, he further added that it is the matter of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM). With the permission of the official badminton body, Chong Wei can take assistance from Misbun, who has been the official coach of Chong Wei until February, 2011.

    The 29-year-old Chong Wei wants to seek advice from Misbun to get back on the winning track as it is the right time to maintain his superiority in the game. He has been working hard for several years to become an Olympic Champion and now the championship is just seven months away.

    Seu Bock said that Chong Wei is the only player from Malaysia who can bring the first ever gold medal for Malaysia at the 2012 Olympic Games and he should be given full freedom to take advice from the former coach as it will help him in his preparation for the mega event.

    Seu Bock said, "I am not particular about working with anybody including Misbun, as I have also cooperated with him before. But at the moment, Rashid and Hendrawan are assisting me in game analyses, tactical and so on. For me I have no problem, it is up to BAM."

    However, Seu Bock also said that he personally did not hear anything from Chong Wei as it comes into his knowledge through media.

    He also expressed the upcoming plans of Chong Wei before London Olympics.
    He said, "However, at the moment the training has not been stepped up as Chong Wei was busy with several meets since the Malaysia Open."

    Chong Wei lost his final contest against Chinas Lin Dan at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Now it will be his last chance to prove his worth and win Mens Singles title at the mega event, which is set to take place at the Wembley Indoor Arena, in London, England, from July 28 to August 5.

  8. #7114
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,664
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Better yet....
    http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/ne....php?id=636504

    Shabery wants Misbun and BAM to reconcile for the sake of Badminton

  9. #7115
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,664
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...and on a blog, I just came across this:

    MIsbun says "NO" to Lee Chong Wei...
    http://dahasry.blogspot.com/2011/12/...chong-wei.html

    Excerpt:

    Misbun Sidek finally broke the silence - by saying "NO" to the idea of "combining" him back with Lee Chong Wei in the preparation of the badminton star en route to the 2012 Olympics in Manchester.
    This was what Misbun said:
    "BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) have a lot of capable people to tackle the problem faced by Lee Chong Wei", he said.
    "I am a nobody and I am just a small person with little knowledge in badminton", he added.

  10. #7116
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,702
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whoops.. Looks like MS said FO to BAM.. lol Maybe it is time for LCW to go independent for a last hurrah?

  11. #7117
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Instead of reading that blog, read the source taken from Utusan Malaysia:

    http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y=2011&dt=1226&pub=utusan_malaysia&sec=Su kan&pg=su_01.htm&arc=hive

    Please don't ask me to translate the whole page for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    ...and on a blog, I just came across this:

    MIsbun says "NO" to Lee Chong Wei...
    http://dahasry.blogspot.com/2011/12/...chong-wei.html

    Excerpt:

    Misbun Sidek finally broke the silence - by saying "NO" to the idea of "combining" him back with Lee Chong Wei in the preparation of the badminton star en route to the 2012 Olympics in Manchester.
    This was what Misbun said:
    "BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) have a lot of capable people to tackle the problem faced by Lee Chong Wei", he said.
    "I am a nobody and I am just a small person with little knowledge in badminton", he added.

  12. #7118
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,664
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks, Pakito!
    ...and here is the Google translate version...

    KUALA LUMPUR - Datuk Misbun Sidek aware, there is something 'missing' within the former child didiknya, Datuk Lee Chong Wei about eight months ahead of the Olympics, but unfortunately there is nothing you can do to help players No. 1 One world. Clearly Misbun, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have many more qualified experts to determine what is best for Chong Wei to reach the Olympic gold hunting mission, while he was just a normal person.
    Even experienced instructors also add, as a large organization, BAM is able to provide all the best for Chong Wei needs, while for himself, the responsibility of the player is finished since he walked out of the main body, earlier this year.
    "Sometimes I still follow the development of Chong Wei and after such a long time, my hunch says that he lost part of himself and therefore he was easy to lose focus can not provide the best games.
    "What makes him do it, I do not know, and besides it's not my responsibility to answer them. You have to ask the coach Chong Wei, I am just a friend of him, so as my friends can only see him play and hope he wins,''he said was found at the last day of the Badminton Championships MBPJ / Nusa Mahsuri 2011 in Kelana Jaya, yesterday.
    While expressing sympathy for those experienced Chong Wei, Misbun BAM reminded that they need to find solutions for Olympic champion completed the task is not easy.

    "It's not working we can be 'cincai', they really do have an accurate and serious program."
    Even when asked, what is the position if Chong Wei really want him to return to help undertake missions Olympics, Misbun stressed that he did not consider the matter.
    Despite acknowledging that several times to meet the All England champion this year, but the meeting only meeting between two old friends, and he did not touch on the badminton or what is done Chong Wei in the ring.
    Can be confirmed why Misbun seem severe enough to re-join his former didiknya children, but the words that express the 51-year-old coach left little question, whether he was tired to return to the bosom of the BAM.
    "This (request Chong Wei) is actually not difficult, but to clean the 'dregs' is difficult. When I want to go out first, no sediment to be washed, then clean and be washed again.
    "So since then, I did not want to think about it. I am comfortable with my life now, I busied themselves with all sorts of activities and I occasionally help Nusa Mahsuri youth player development program," he said.
    Preparation Chong Wei, 29, to meet concerns Olympics after failing to qualify for the finals in the last three tournaments entered, the Hong Kong Open, China Open Super Series Masters Final.

  13. #7119
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is why I say sports is first about 'understanding' first, then comes 'invincibility'.

    I believe what LCW asks for is solely for assistance and not to put the 'blame' on anyone, irregardless of there is a source to blame in the first place.

    For those who say you need to believe in yourself to be a numero uno, I affirmed that.

    For those who say that LCW does not need MS and the current setting is enough for him to get back the gold medal, you are like monkeys sitting on a magistrate's chair and presiding over matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    From Lee Chong Wei
    To: OldBadFan

    Greetings, sir! I am all for taking responsibility of my actions. I am all for owning up to my shortcomings, or my fears. I am all for accepting that I am to blame for coming up short when it really matters.

    Now I ask: if many years ago I was on par, and if very recently a man like Morten Frost no less, said on live television in no uncertain terms, that I am the best player in the world today in badminton terms, then why am I still playing like a novice against those 2 other guys? Why does it happen every time? They play their game according to their plans, but suddenly I just cannot play my natural game anymore! Why do I not quake and tremble when I play anyone else, no matter how fast he be, or how hard he smash, or how long he may rally? What do those two have on me?

    So I ask you: when did I develop this mental block and mental weakness against a certain type of player? What are they doing so successfully, that it unfailingly exposes my vulnerability?

    I don't know. I was hoping many years ago that all the highly-paid and educated and experienced people around me could come up with an answer; and a lasting solution.

    I am willing to accept the blame, like any decent, self-respecting person. But that does not solve the problem. I cannot solve the problem. I had a father-figure who protected me from myself, now I have a bunch of court jesters. Even my father-figure never did find the solution to my problem; maybe he could have, maybe not, if he stayed on. (cobalt: and that's another story! )

    I am doing everything I can. I dominate 99% of all matches I play; it has been like this for many years now. The people around me who were there to fulfill certain key tasks thought they had nothing left to do; while I kept winning titles and stuff.

    You say, "I would adhere to the notion whoever perform better deserves that position." Who will tell me that LD and CL would still be the same force they are today without the selfless work, single-minded determination and devotion of people like LYB, TXH,XXZ, the backroom teams of analysts, mental conditioning experts, strategists, sports scientists, trainers, nutritionists and more? Everyone knows that the players are the raw material; the finished product is the result of process -- collaboration, teamwork, research, practise, objective, etc. (Granted, the raw material itself must be high-grade for the finished product to be top quality! That is why we have a "process of elimination.") When CL was left to play his natural game, everyone used to beat him. Now, in the past 6 months, he is almost invincible. Do you really believe he did it on his own?

    So where is the question of "excuse?" These are the facts of the matter. I accept that I am responsible for my losses. I accept that I have a problem. I also stress that I do not know how to solve this problem; it is not tactical or physical. It is strategic and mental and psychological. I have asked my bosses, what needs to be done? But my bosses say, "don't worry we have full faith in you, just practise hard, you are #1" and now I am even more stressed out. Because I feel responsible.

    I have certain duties and obligations. I am also owed certain support and inputs if I am expected to fulfill my duties and obligations at an international level. That is only natural. If the quality of that support and input is lacking, am I not justified in pointing fingers? I have not pointed any fingers yet because I am a nice guy and because I like free cars and massage chairs, gold coins and shares. But don't forget, I am given all that because I have performed. What about those around me who have just had a free ride? When are you going to acknowledge that I have not taken my game to that final level of mental invincibility, because my own people, who I trusted and publicly stood by all this time (and still do) have let me down, and continue to do so, by constantly refusing to be more inclusive with outside professionals who bring the value-addition, no matter what?

    Which national association has a part-time director of high-performance, for 2 years, who is more conspicuous by his absence?

    While the internet is a great source of information and sometimes, unnecessary and often misleading and convenient quotes, I would also like to draw your attention to the simple definition of "blame":
    To hold responsible.
    To find fault with
    To censure

    You will notice that I do not need an "excuse" to lay some old-fashioned "blame" at the door of the people I work with. But I am a G**-fearing man and I don't do all that. It is people like that devil, cobalt, who points fingers and blames others. Because he is not connected, has nothing to gain or lose, and has no manners.

    Your humble servant,
    Chong Wei.

  14. #7120
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 70% is mental stength, 30% others

    Jing Junhong's comment on Feng Tianwei, Singapore's table tennis queen:

    Jing Junhong was the first to put Singapore table tennis on the world map when she reached the singles semi-finals at the Sydney Olympics in 2000.

    Now deputy head coach of the women's team, Jing believes Feng has chalked up enough experience and is now battle-hardened.

    "The beginning of the year was a bit of a low point for her, but it was a pathway for her to mature," said Jing.

    "She had never experienced something like this before, and for her to be a leader of the team, it was important for her to get the experience and she's become more mature."

    At Feng's level, Jing believes the difference between success and failure at tournaments like the Olympic is what's in the head.

    "Seventy per cent is about mental strength and 30 per cent on technique, skills and strategy - it's about being able to perform during a crucial moment," said the 43-year-old.

    "You must dare to dream, and dare to do."


    I wonder whether this can be applied to LCW too.
    Last edited by Loh; 12-27-2011 at 01:49 AM.

  15. #7121
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is why I say sports is first about 'understanding', then comes 'invincibility'.

    I believe what LCW asks for is solely for assistance and not to put the 'blame' on anyone else, irregardless of whether there is a source to blame in the first place.

    For those who say you need to believe in yourself to be a numero uno, I affirmed that.

    For those who say that LCW does not need MS and the current setting is enough for him to get back the gold medal, you are like monkeys sitting on a magistrate's chair and presiding over matters. Who are you to say that LCW has a 'spoonfed' mentality?? If it weren't for LCW being a Malaysian, Malaysia can kiss this potential Olympic medal goodbye.

    No disrespect to Seu Bock, Rashid or Hendrawan, because it's just unfortunate that LCW is the victim caught in the middle of the spat between MS and BAM. When things go wrong we all need to be with the people who we feel are what's best for us (whether it's good or not it's debatable) and what's wrong in asking for that? If you demand for it people will say you are bossy, if you ask for it people will say you are smart and playing politics. Grr....

    Although I myself also feel that LCW needs to buck up on his confidence level, but heck, every person has a different need and a different working mechanism. Some people are born with independence, and some just need that extra nurturing and a little of fine tuning and tweaking with the screwdrivers here and there. Everyone is different. And LCW belongs in the latter category. He is a humble sportsman. Not egoistical. We all know that from the very tear he shed losing to LD from the early days.

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    From Lee Chong Wei
    To: OldBadFan

    Greetings, sir! I am all for taking responsibility of my actions. I am all for owning up to my shortcomings, or my fears. I am all for accepting that I am to blame for coming up short when it really matters.

    Now I ask: if many years ago I was on par, and if very recently a man like Morten Frost no less, said on live television in no uncertain terms, that I am the best player in the world today in badminton terms, then why am I still playing like a novice against those 2 other guys? Why does it happen every time? They play their game according to their plans, but suddenly I just cannot play my natural game anymore! Why do I not quake and tremble when I play anyone else, no matter how fast he be, or how hard he smash, or how long he may rally? What do those two have on me?

    So I ask you: when did I develop this mental block and mental weakness against a certain type of player? What are they doing so successfully, that it unfailingly exposes my vulnerability?

    I don't know. I was hoping many years ago that all the highly-paid and educated and experienced people around me could come up with an answer; and a lasting solution.

    I am willing to accept the blame, like any decent, self-respecting person. But that does not solve the problem. I cannot solve the problem. I had a father-figure who protected me from myself, now I have a bunch of court jesters. Even my father-figure never did find the solution to my problem; maybe he could have, maybe not, if he stayed on. (cobalt: and that's another story! )

    I am doing everything I can. I dominate 99% of all matches I play; it has been like this for many years now. The people around me who were there to fulfill certain key tasks thought they had nothing left to do; while I kept winning titles and stuff.

    You say, "I would adhere to the notion whoever perform better deserves that position." Who will tell me that LD and CL would still be the same force they are today without the selfless work, single-minded determination and devotion of people like LYB, TXH,XXZ, the backroom teams of analysts, mental conditioning experts, strategists, sports scientists, trainers, nutritionists and more? Everyone knows that the players are the raw material; the finished product is the result of process -- collaboration, teamwork, research, practise, objective, etc. (Granted, the raw material itself must be high-grade for the finished product to be top quality! That is why we have a "process of elimination.") When CL was left to play his natural game, everyone used to beat him. Now, in the past 6 months, he is almost invincible. Do you really believe he did it on his own?

    So where is the question of "excuse?" These are the facts of the matter. I accept that I am responsible for my losses. I accept that I have a problem. I also stress that I do not know how to solve this problem; it is not tactical or physical. It is strategic and mental and psychological. I have asked my bosses, what needs to be done? But my bosses say, "don't worry we have full faith in you, just practise hard, you are #1" and now I am even more stressed out. Because I feel responsible.

    I have certain duties and obligations. I am also owed certain support and inputs if I am expected to fulfill my duties and obligations at an international level. That is only natural. If the quality of that support and input is lacking, am I not justified in pointing fingers? I have not pointed any fingers yet because I am a nice guy and because I like free cars and massage chairs, gold coins and shares. But don't forget, I am given all that because I have performed. What about those around me who have just had a free ride? When are you going to acknowledge that I have not taken my game to that final level of mental invincibility, because my own people, who I trusted and publicly stood by all this time (and still do) have let me down, and continue to do so, by constantly refusing to be more inclusive with outside professionals who bring the value-addition, no matter what?

    Which national association has a part-time director of high-performance, for 2 years, who is more conspicuous by his absence?

    While the internet is a great source of information and sometimes, unnecessary and often misleading and convenient quotes, I would also like to draw your attention to the simple definition of "blame":
    To hold responsible.
    To find fault with
    To censure

    You will notice that I do not need an "excuse" to lay some old-fashioned "blame" at the door of the people I work with. But I am a G**-fearing man and I don't do all that. It is people like that devil, cobalt, who points fingers and blames others. Because he is not connected, has nothing to gain or lose, and has no manners.

    Your humble servant,
    Chong Wei.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    From Lee Chong Wei
    To: OldBadFan

    Greetings, sir! I am all for taking responsibility of my actions. I am all for owning up to my shortcomings, or my fears. I am all for accepting that I am to blame for coming up short when it really matters.

    Now I ask: if many years ago I was on par, and if very recently a man like Morten Frost no less, said on live television in no uncertain terms, that I am the best player in the world today in badminton terms, then why am I still playing like a novice against those 2 other guys? Why does it happen every time? They play their game according to their plans, but suddenly I just cannot play my natural game anymore! Why do I not quake and tremble when I play anyone else, no matter how fast he be, or how hard he smash, or how long he may rally? What do those two have on me?

    So I ask you: when did I develop this mental block and mental weakness against a certain type of player? What are they doing so successfully, that it unfailingly exposes my vulnerability?

    I don't know. I was hoping many years ago that all the highly-paid and educated and experienced people around me could come up with an answer; and a lasting solution.

    I am willing to accept the blame, like any decent, self-respecting person. But that does not solve the problem. I cannot solve the problem. I had a father-figure who protected me from myself, now I have a bunch of court jesters. Even my father-figure never did find the solution to my problem; maybe he could have, maybe not, if he stayed on. (cobalt: and that's another story! )

    I am doing everything I can. I dominate 99% of all matches I play; it has been like this for many years now. The people around me who were there to fulfill certain key tasks thought they had nothing left to do; while I kept winning titles and stuff.

    You say, "I would adhere to the notion whoever perform better deserves that position." Who will tell me that LD and CL would still be the same force they are today without the selfless work, single-minded determination and devotion of people like LYB, TXH,XXZ, the backroom teams of analysts, mental conditioning experts, strategists, sports scientists, trainers, nutritionists and more? Everyone knows that the players are the raw material; the finished product is the result of process -- collaboration, teamwork, research, practise, objective, etc. (Granted, the raw material itself must be high-grade for the finished product to be top quality! That is why we have a "process of elimination.") When CL was left to play his natural game, everyone used to beat him. Now, in the past 6 months, he is almost invincible. Do you really believe he did it on his own?

    So where is the question of "excuse?" These are the facts of the matter. I accept that I am responsible for my losses. I accept that I have a problem. I also stress that I do not know how to solve this problem; it is not tactical or physical. It is strategic and mental and psychological. I have asked my bosses, what needs to be done? But my bosses say, "don't worry we have full faith in you, just practise hard, you are #1" and now I am even more stressed out. Because I feel responsible.

    I have certain duties and obligations. I am also owed certain support and inputs if I am expected to fulfill my duties and obligations at an international level. That is only natural. If the quality of that support and input is lacking, am I not justified in pointing fingers? I have not pointed any fingers yet because I am a nice guy and because I like free cars and massage chairs, gold coins and shares. But don't forget, I am given all that because I have performed. What about those around me who have just had a free ride? When are you going to acknowledge that I have not taken my game to that final level of mental invincibility, because my own people, who I trusted and publicly stood by all this time (and still do) have let me down, and continue to do so, by constantly refusing to be more inclusive with outside professionals who bring the value-addition, no matter what?

    Which national association has a part-time director of high-performance, for 2 years, who is more conspicuous by his absence?

    While the internet is a great source of information and sometimes, unnecessary and often misleading and convenient quotes, I would also like to draw your attention to the simple definition of "blame":
    To hold responsible.
    To find fault with
    To censure

    You will notice that I do not need an "excuse" to lay some old-fashioned "blame" at the door of the people I work with. But I am a G**-fearing man and I don't do all that. It is people like that devil, cobalt, who points fingers and blames others. Because he is not connected, has nothing to gain or lose, and has no manners.

    Your humble servant,
    Chong Wei.

  16. #7122
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We should find out from LCW what he was thinking about during his battle with LD at this year's All-England when he won in identical straights games of 21-17 in 52 min.

    Maybe that was what he needs to do again to handle LD in all their future meetings.

  17. #7123
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In the same All-England semi-finals he also beat his other CHN rival Chen Long 21-17, 21-13 in 46 min.

    Now that was a fantastic mental feat!

    Can he replay this over and over again and dare to dream once more?

Similar Threads

  1. Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )
    By cobalt in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 815
    : 06-30-2014, 11:50 PM
  2. Li Na ( 李娜 )
    By 2cents in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 43
    : 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  3. Li Yongbo ( 李永波 )
    By Han in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 302
    : 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
  4. To everyone especially those from China: I am 李宗偉,not 李崇偉!
    By Malaysianfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •