User Tag List

Page 439 of 590 FirstFirst ... 339 389 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 489 539 ... LastLast
Results 7,447 to 7,463 of 10016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    So, for some malaysian who are not technical enough and NATO type, here's the chance for you to contribute to your nation. Can you pls write a simple mail to BWF and IOC to get them to allow only 1 player for olympics like Judo sports below? You can copy this to them as reference. Boleh Malaysia? This applies to those who hated china. . SS should be enough for multiple players. Try to vary the games a bit.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...98#post1834498
    As much as I don't like China manipulating the matches, it is grossly unfair to the athletes. Why don't you think from their perspective also? There must be a solution to this without being unfair to them, all the blood, sweat and tears that the players put in deserves recognition and chance to be the best.

Maybe some players can share their perspective on this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    As much as I don't like China manipulating the matches, it is grossly unfair to the athletes. Why don't you think from their perspective also? There must be a solution to this without being unfair to them, all the blood, sweat and tears that the players put in deserves recognition and chance to be the best.

Maybe some players can share their perspective on this.
    If that were to ever happen, we have to remember ALL badminton categories will also be affected. That would mean INA would only have probably Taufik fighting it alone in MS (i.e. no more Simon Santoso), Lee/Jung fighting it all alone (while Ko/Yoo having to be sidelined), JOJ not being able to participate just because he is ranked lower than an old and retiring PG (whom he could beat to prove his ability to carry on the torch) and countless others who have their own countrymen qualified but are segregated by such a stupid rule.

Personally, if people are qualified to enter as per the original rule, then just allow them, without considering the "2 from each country unless the 3rd is ranked within WR4" rule. Tough luck to the countries who have a depleted squad, there is no point to cry over spilled milk to see that another hugely successful nation has more than enough players on their side.

But of course, from the hugely depleted MAS squad's point of view, that would mean "fair competition", which is what these die-hard MAS fans are dreaming of and are almost dying for. Which die-hard MAS fan would want their beloved KKK/TBH to have as little chance as possible to be trashed by any of the KOR MD pairs?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.thecgf.com/faq/

---snippet:
    What are the core values of the Commonwealth Games movement?
    The three core values of the Commonwealth Games movement are Humanity, Equality and Destiny. These core values were adopted by the Games movement back in 2001 at the time of a review of the CGF's business plan and brand identity.
    These values help inspire and unite millions of people and symbolise the broad mandate of the CGF within the Commonwealth. For example through the Games we celebrate the spirit of humanity, we celebrate the triumph of equality among nations and people of the Commonwealth as every 4 years we come together to also celebrate the Commonwealth's shared values, traditions and language and for the competitors the Games represent the arc of destiny as the Games for them serve as a moment of truth, an opportunity to push the envelope of human performance to new heights on the field of play.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/clips/15551/
    Olympic games: An illusion of equality
    Broadcast Date: Oct. 16, 1986
    Transcending politics was the lofty ideal that motivated Frenchman Pierre de Coubertin to propose a revival of the ancient Greek Olympic Games as an athletic contest among the world's nations. But the modern Olympics are intensely political and have never been free from class tensions and jingoism, says cultural critic Varda Burstyn in this edition of CBC Radio's Ideas. This overview of the Games, seen through the lens of politics, takes listeners through the Workers' Olympics of the 1930s, John Diefenbaker's faith in sports as a force against communism and the overt nationalism of the 1984 Los Angeles Games. Olympic games: An illusion of equality
    • The pursuit of excellence in sport was not the only focus for Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the modern Olympics. According to the online Olympic museum, de Coubertin's ideal of Olympism was:
    • To be a religion, that is, to 'adhere to an ideal of a higher life, to strive for perfection';
    • To represent an elite 'whose origins are completely egalitarian' and at the same time represent the moral qualities of 'chivalry';
    • To create 'a four-yearly festival of the springtime of mankind'; and
    • To glorify beauty by the 'involvement of the philosophic arts in the Games'.
    • The first meeting of the International Olympic Committee took place in Paris in 1894. The committee chose Athens as the site for the first modern Olympics in 1896 in recognition of the Games' origins in ancient Greece. According to the official website of the Olympic Games, the Greek spectators were jubilant when one of their own, a shepherd named Spyridon Louis, won the marathon.
    • Bruce Kidd, heard in this clip, competed as a runner for Canada in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. He went on to become a member of the School of Physical Health and Education at the University of Toronto and a prolific author on sport.

Olympic games: An illusion of equality
    Medium: Radio
    Program: IDEAS
    Broadcast Date: Oct. 16, 1986
    Guest(s): Rick Bruno, Bruce Cummings, Bruce Kidd, George Lipsits, John MacAloon, Jim Reardon, Alan Tomlinson

Host: Lister Sinclair
    Reporter: Varda Burstyn
    Duration: 44:59

Photo: Postcard for 1934 Workers' Olympics in Prague from alphabetilately.com
    Last updated:
    Aug. 11, 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a malaysian fan. We dream hard alrite...at nite. we never give up and enjoy the dream. Nothing is impossible. Correct or not Datuk?? . lol.

This is just a suggestion to have variation and love for all.. camon people, spread your love.... (where is the love... sing it man. by pee ass gee).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For DLCW fans...

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

so funny one....

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just saw a FB with LCW's picture. Isn't it remarkable how he doesn't show much emotion when winning a match now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose he's more matured in a way? I like that about him.. very humble and down to earth..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get his book, there are some text commenting why a champion is behaving this way.

Name:  P1298576.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  84.7 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to popular book store last night. No LCW books available. I dont get it??

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had my rm 200 voucher
    but dont feel like want to buy his book
    haha
    since i never his fans
    hehe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i had my rm 200 voucher
    haha
    since i never his fans
    hehe
    Get it from the library...you can read for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Get it from the library...you can read for free.
    Datuk won't be very happy with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i had my rm 200 voucher
    haha
    since i never his fans
    hehe
    No need to be fan to buy a person's book ma It's for knowledge also... it isn't fair to say that I don't feel like Barack Obama's autobiography because I am not his fan... The book is not only to fans, but to everyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sad thing is.. his book is no where to be found.. not even at MPH!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Turner View Post
    The sad thing is.. his book is no where to be found.. not even at MPH!!
    http://www.mphonline.com/books/nsearchdetails.aspx?&pcode=9789671084328

I asked the local MPH store, they said sold out. Wait for next batch
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 02-02-2012 at 03:57 AM.